Page 143 of 147 FirstFirst ... 4393133139140141142143144145146147 LastLast
Results 2,131 to 2,145 of 2205
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Fixit knew that Wolverine was Patch before he left the island. He walloped Logan so hard his body dug a trench in the ground, and only did so because he knew that Logan could take it.

I'm not up on canon from that time, so I'm curious. In the Wolverine issues, it shows that Fixit drugged Banner during the day. Did he do that in PAD's Hulk?
    Yes, he did. In issue#333, Gray Hulk broke into a liquor store and drank the whole supply, because he knew that once he changed back into Bruce at sunrise, the alcohol would keep him drunk and tipsy the majority of the day, thus preventing Bruce from going back to gamma base and potentially using its equipment to get rid of Hulk once again.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    That statement intrigues me. I know Ross basically became a “hero” over time, but you guys would want him to become a full on co-Hulk with Banner, as opposed to a Venom-esque “dark rival”?
    He and Bruce absolutely could have co-existed as their own individual Hulks. Bruce would be the loner, wildcard who ultimately does the heroic thing when he’s needed the most. Ross would be the strategic hulk, he can be a total team player and take orders( particularly from Cap, but he can also lead others and accomplish more because he doesn’t have the emotional/mental inner turmoil that Bruce does. The down side for Ross is that his treason during the events of fall of the hulks becomes public knowledge. So even though he has more control of his power than Bruce, he can’t have a life outside of being Red Hulk. His purpose is going from mission to mission. He would also have a hard time reconnecting with Betty, due to her current red harpy transformation and mindset(which, of course, he blames on Bruce). But eventually, he manages to get through to Betty in her human form, and helps her finally get her bipolar disorder properly diagnosed and treated; though NOT by Samson.( they been suggesting this about Betty off and on since the 70’s, so let’s just address it outright).

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by HeavenlyDemonic View Post
    He and Bruce absolutely could have co-existed as their own individual Hulks. Bruce would be the loner, wildcard who ultimately does the heroic thing when he’s needed the most. Ross would be the strategic hulk, he can be a total team player and take orders( particularly from Cap, but he can also lead others and accomplish more because he doesn’t have the emotional/mental inner turmoil that Bruce does. The down side for Ross is that his treason during the events of fall of the hulks becomes public knowledge. So even though he has more control of his power than Bruce, he can’t have a life outside of being Red Hulk. His purpose is going from mission to mission. He would also have a hard time reconnecting with Betty, due to her current red harpy transformation and mindset(which, of course, he blames on Bruce). But eventually, he manages to get through to Betty in her human form, and helps her finally get her bipolar disorder properly diagnosed and treated; though NOT by Samson.( they been suggesting this about Betty off and on since the 70’s, so let’s just address it outright).
    I don't think Betty's behavior currently is her being bi-polar. She's simply reached a breaking point with Bruce and is lashing out whenever possible.

Which, to be fair, he kinda brought upon himself. He didn't notify her of his resurrection, seeking her out only when he needed her emotional support, and putting her in the crosshairs of Shadowbase, and bringing about her current situation.

I'm sure the One Below All is escalating the situation, but she still has a right to be angry

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    I don't think Betty's behavior currently is her being bi-polar. She's simply reached a breaking point with Bruce and is lashing out whenever possible.

Which, to be fair, he kinda brought upon himself. He didn't notify her of his resurrection, seeking her out only when he needed her emotional support, and putting her in the crosshairs of Shadowbase, and bringing about her current situation.

I'm sure the One Below All is escalating the situation, but she still has a right to be angry
    Oh, Betty’s anger at Bruce is completely justified. The same way it was in Greg Pak’s run. I want her mental state to be addressed directly because it never has been in depth. Especially since she came back. Think about it, she was resurrected, turned into Red she-Hulk, brainwashed to be a tool for manipulation, then had that power robbed from her just as she was finally standing on her own; all of this against her will. All 3 of the important men in her life have abandoned her emotionally because of their own obsessions with each other/ the hulk. She’s had a miscarriage and more than one break down during the 70’s. An exploration of her psyche is long overdue.
    Last edited by HeavenlyDemonic; 12-20-2020 at 09:37 PM.

Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

By Joe Bennett

Can't wait to see another ass kicking.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Hulk View Post
    By Joe Bennett

Only this time, given his current state, it may be hulk who gets his ass kicked.

Or we won't get a fight this time.

BANNED

Or we won't get a fight this time.
    Yea i don't think we are gonna get a fight this time.

Quote Originally Posted by HeavenlyDemonic View Post
    Oh, Betty’s anger at Bruce is completely justified. The same way it was in Greg Pak’s run. I want her mental state to be addressed directly because it never has been in depth. Especially since she came back. Think about it, she was resurrected, turned into Red she-Hulk, brainwashed to be a tool for manipulation, then had that power robbed from her just as she was finally standing on her own; all of this against her will. All 3 of the important men in her life have abandoned her emotionally because of their own obsessions with each other/ the hulk. She’s had a miscarriage and more than one break down during the 70’s. An exploration of her psyche is long overdue.
    Really not interested in any of that.

Maybe Betty should just hook up with Leonard (Something sort of hinted at over the years-and even the MCU did a little bit of that, but never really followed up on), although it's unclear if he can become his regular form or will end up looking like Walter.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

By Joe Bennett

Awesome. Looking forward to seeing where this goes. I imagine something similar to what happened with The Thing, and The Avengers will let Hulk carry on his mission on his own.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Maybe Betty should just hook up with Leonard (Something sort of hinted at over the years-and even the MCU did a little bit of that, but never really followed up on), although it's unclear if he can become his regular form or will end up looking like Walter.
    I think that Ship has sailed. If she hasn’t hooked up with Len by now, she’s not going to. They work better as friends. It would be more interesting if she and Joe became a couple while he’s still in Bruce’s body. Joe already accepts her Harpy form, and with his new laid back attitude and maturity, they could balance each other out really well.

DEFENDERS recreation by Joe Bennett

Immortal Hulk #44 variant by Joe Bennett