Writer: Bill Mantlo
    Artist: Sal Buscema
    Inker: Joe Sinnott
    Letterer: Jim Novak
    Colorist: Bob Sharen
    Editor: Al Milgrom

Guest Stars/Supporting Cast: Betty Ross, Rick Jones, Bereet
    Villain: The U-Foes
    Synopsis: Bruce Banner is able to cure Rick Jones of his gamma radiation poisoning with the help of Bereet and his old Gamma Base equipment. The celebration is short lived when a distraught Betty is unable to accept Banner’s newfound control over the Hulk and storms off. Bruce chases after her and tries explaining the good an intelligent Hulk will do for the entire planet when they are interrupted by the U-Foes. They each take a turn at attacking Banner, who in turn changes into the Hulk. He easily takes down the villains until X-Ray bombards him with Gamma Negative Rays, which changes him back to Banner. Ironclad arrives, viscously punches him and Vapor chokes him into oblivion. They carry him further away into Gamma Base, leaving Betty, Rick and Bereet to take matters into their own hands about rescuing him.
    Commentary: U-Foes are back together and Ironclad is sporting a sleeker look. This reminds me of the Thing’s progression from a giant lump of oatmeal to his rocky hide in the early years of the FF. We finally get Rick cured, and Betty takes a turn for the worse. While it may seem out of character for her, if you take into account everything the woman has been thru, it’s not that much of a stretch to lash out at Banner for enjoying becoming the Hulk.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    A while back the forums slowed to a crawl and basically became unusable. It was decided that locking the Appreciation threads and making them annual would take a load off the servers, so now they’re yearly.
    Thanks for the answer. =)

Quote Originally Posted by Intothevoid View Post
    Cover for #34

Attachment 90979
    I've watched Aliens movies these last few days, so his head reminding me of that of a Xenomorph feels poetic.

Quote Originally Posted by McFarlane's Green Hulk View Post
    Incredible Hulk #276
    “The Return of the U-Foes!”

Cover Date: October 1982
    Sale Date: July 6th, 1982
    Writer: Bill Mantlo
    Artist: Sal Buscema
    Inker: Joe Sinnott
    Letterer: Jim Novak
    Colorist: Bob Sharen
    Editor: Al Milgrom

Guest Stars/Supporting Cast: Betty Ross, Rick Jones, Bereet
    Villain: The U-Foes
    Synopsis: Bruce Banner is able to cure Rick Jones of his gamma radiation poisoning with the help of Bereet and his old Gamma Base equipment. The celebration is short lived when a distraught Betty is unable to accept Banner’s newfound control over the Hulk and storms off. Bruce chases after her and tries explaining the good an intelligent Hulk will do for the entire planet when they are interrupted by the U-Foes. They each take a turn at attacking Banner, who in turn changes into the Hulk. He easily takes down the villains until X-Ray bombards him with Gamma Negative Rays, which changes him back to Banner. Ironclad arrives, viscously punches him and Vapor chokes him into oblivion. They carry him further away into Gamma Base, leaving Betty, Rick and Bereet to take matters into their own hands about rescuing him.
    Commentary: U-Foes are back together and Ironclad is sporting a sleeker look. This reminds me of the Thing’s progression from a giant lump of oatmeal to his rocky hide in the early years of the FF. We finally get Rick cured, and Betty takes a turn for the worse. While it may seem out of character for her, if you take into account everything the woman has been thru, it’s not that much of a stretch to lash out at Banner for enjoying becoming the Hulk.
    This reminds me of the character Ramon who once said he was Betty's husband, I think he's the most throwaway character ever.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

Immortal Hulk #29 preview!

More great art by Joe Bennett:

And it seems Mr.Ewing has some plans for the U-Foes in the future!

https://twitter.com/Al_Ewing/status/...768472064?s=20

Andrew Kieswetter
    @ApKies

Dear Mr. Ewing,

Do you have any plans for the U-Foes in IMMORTAL HULK?

I will be very happy if they show up. They've been in limbo for too long.

Happy New Year!

Al Ewing Has To Muddle Thru Somehow
    @Al_Ewing

In response to
    @ApKies

No promises, but the likelihood is pretty high right now. It won't be for a while if it happens, though.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Hulk View Post

Andrew Kieswetter
    @ApKies

Dear Mr. Ewing,

Happy New Year!

@Al_Ewing

In response to
    @ApKies

No promises, but the likelihood is pretty high right now. It won't be for a while if it happens, though.
    This is great to hear, since U-foes are one of my favorite Hulk villains, they are so underrated and we haven't actually seen them pop-up in a Hulk comic in a very, VERY long time.

BANNED

Xemu will defeat this monsters in the end and Roxxon will blame hulk for the monsters saying that this was part of his plan to destroy the human world.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by hulkling View Post
    Xemu will defeat this monsters in the end and Roxxon will blame hulk for the monsters saying that this was part of his plan to destroy the human world.
    Is this a spoiler or a prediction? Cause i was thinking something like this would happen, like all of this is a plan just to set up Hulk.

Based on the solicits, something like this is gonna happen.

BANNED

Andrew Kieswetter
    @ApKies

Dear Mr. Ewing,

Happy New Year!

@Al_Ewing

In response to
    @ApKies

YES!!! It's about time for a Hulk vs U-Foes rematch. I also wonder how the team would deal with the Immortal HULK ?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Intothevoid View Post
    Is this a spoiler or a prediction? Cause i was thinking something like this would happen, like all of this is a plan just to set up Hulk.
    Just a prediction sorry

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    YES!!! It's about time for a Hulk vs U-Foes rematch. I also wonder how the team would deal with the Immortal HULK ?
    Ewing would find some way to make them really, really scary, that's for sure!

Ewing would find some way to make them really, really scary, that's for sure!
    do the U-Foes even have human bodies now? Are their forms permanently "powered"? Especially in Vector's case, the look just seemed odd to have all the time.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    do the U-Foes even have human bodies now? Are their forms permanently "powered"? Especially in Vector's case, the look just seemed odd to have all the time.
    I believe that their bodies are permanently in a powered up state. Plus, if I remember their origin correctly, they sought to duplicate the powers of the FF because they all hated being normal humans. So they probably don’t care wether their human bodies are gone.

Come to think of it, if the U-foes do show up, Al could draw some strong contrasts between them and Jackie McGee, since she wants to be a hulk. Or better yet... compare them to Betty! That could be some dark psychological stuff. The wheels are just turning in my mind right now. Maybe Al can be the one to finally confirm whether Betty is bi-polar or not.