Page 24 of 147 FirstFirst ... 142021222324252627283474124 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Harpoon View Post
    The Immortal Hulk is guest-starring in June’s Juggernaut #2.

JUGGERNAUT #2
    WRITTEN BY FABIAN NICIEZA
    ART BY RON GARNEY
    COVER BY GEOFF SHAW
    SMASH OR BE SMASHED!
    Juggernaut isn’t the only one who’s left destructionin his wake, and he thinks it’s about time for the IMMORTAL HULK to take responsibility for his actions! But is this Juggernaut’s way of defending mutant honor for Krakoa? Or is he back to his old ways?
    This is gonna be a good one! We haven't had a Hulk vs. Juggernaut fight since World War Hulk: X-Men... which was over a decade ago! So, in other words, we are long overdue for this fight!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Hulk View Post

That's an incredible Maestro piece! Love it! Joe Bennett can be the artist on the Hulk forever and I wouldn't complain! He always manages to deliver!

Immortal Hulk is the unstoppable ruler of superhero comics

How writer Al Ewing and a team of artists empowered a world-breaker

By Oliver Sava

https://www.polygon.com/comics/2020/...perhero-comics

This is a must read, by Eisner Award winner, Oliver Sava. This book deserves all the praise it gets from the big media; there's nothing like it!
    Great article! The Immortal Hulk deserves every bit of success and praise that it gets!

BANNED

Wow!

The Immortal Hulk #32 was an awesome issue! I'm really enjoying this arc. Xemnu always had the potential to be an extremely powerful antagonist, as he's fought The Defenders, controlled an army of monsters against Hulk & Rulk, and even fought Rulk & Colossonaut during the whole AvX event. It's just now that Xemnu is finally living up to his potential. And the way he consumes with those techno-organic tentacles and the gaping buzzsaw shredder stomach is truly horrific!

It's amazing that Al Ewing has been able to deliver highly quality issues after being on the series this long! 30+ issues and The Immortal Hulk is still the best title hitting the shelves every month! How many, if any, writers can achieve this? I honestly can't think of any off the top of my head at the moment.

I find it very intriguing that Bruce Banner is affected by Xemnu's highly powerful telepathic assault and mind control, yet the Hulks are not. I guess you could say that Hulk is Strongest in body and mind.

I often wonder if it is because of this reason that it is Bruce Banner who is the weak link. He could be the very reason that The One Below All is able to take control and potentially result into leading us all to that potential future where Hulk has become The Breaker of Worlds.

But, damn, it's so freaking great to see The Green Scar back in action after being gone for nearly a decade! All in all, this was a solid issue and I cannot wait for THE IMMORTAL HULK #33/750!!!

Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

The Living Hulk Crafts Our Nostalgic Past in Immortal Hulk #32

https://www.xavierfiles.com/2020/03/...ortal-hulk-32/

As usual, the XavierFiles essays about Immortal Hulk are very interesting.

This is the cover of the Dandy Annual that's out in the UK in July. You might recognise Desperate Dan's pose...

It's a homage to Incredible Hulk Special #1!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Interesting answer from Ewing on twitter:

TheRedeemer
    @PeterPe47441356

Banner is a system of alters, how many alters are potentially inside there, do we eventually get to answering that question? Immortal Hulk mentions that him and Banner working together means he is the strongest, does that mean the more Banner works with each alter the more powerful that Hulk becomes? Meaning Devil Hulk hasn't reached his peak yet? And finally, is it possible for all the Hulks and Banner to work together turning them into some sort of Uber Hulk that could stand up to TOBA? Thank you and the team, keep up the great work!

Al Ewing Writes Comics
    @Al_Ewing

The "together" thing is more about solidarity than some kind of Voltron-like combo - if Banner's alters work together, then can get more done than if they don't.

https://twitter.com/Al_Ewing/status/...092170243?s=20

That said, #33 will show one possibility for what Hulk could achieve if he acted without limit.
    Last edited by Immortal Hulk; 03-20-2020 at 01:49 PM.

Fantastic Member

Does Brian just write a paragraph and pad it with scans he took off of a pirate site now? That’s some serious low effort posting on his part.
    "Mutationem Aeternum"
    Krakoan and Proud

Fantastic Member

Interesting answer from Ewing on twitter:

TheRedeemer
    @PeterPe47441356

Banner is a system of alters, how many alters are potentially inside there, do we eventually get to answering that question? Immortal Hulk mentions that him and Banner working together means he is the strongest, does that mean the more Banner works with each alter the more powerful that Hulk becomes? Meaning Devil Hulk hasn't reached his peak yet? And finally, is it possible for all the Hulks and Banner to work together turning them into some sort of Uber Hulk that could stand up to TOBA? Thank you and the team, keep up the great work!

Al Ewing Writes Comics
    @Al_Ewing

The "together" thing is more about solidarity than some kind of Voltron-like combo - if Banner's alters work together, then can get more done than if they don't.

https://twitter.com/Al_Ewing/status/...092170243?s=20

That said, #33 will show one possibility for what Hulk could achieve if he acted without limit.
    Yep that's why Green Scar showing up is so interesting now..

You'll note in the latest issue, "Robert" is able to block Devil with the mirror. So who else does "Bruce" turn to? The most recent time he was on the same page with an alter (aside from Devil) was when he was exiled and returned as seen in PH/WWH.

The question now is, after Xemu is defeated, will "Bruce" return to being on the same page as Devil or keep with Green Scar?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cth View Post
    Yep that's why Green Scar showing up is so interesting now..

You'll note in the latest issue, "Robert" is able to block Devil with the mirror. So who else does "Bruce" turn to? The most recent time he was on the same page with an alter (aside from Devil) was when he was exiled and returned as seen in PH/WWH.

The question now is, after Xemu is defeated, will "Bruce" return to being on the same page as Devil or keep with Green Scar?
    I think “Bruce” will turn to Joe, as some of the facial expressions that he made in this issue are similar to one’s Joe makes whenever he’s in control of Bruce’s body. And since they are sharing the same human body at the moment,could Joe also be under Xemnu’s influence. Maybe we’re going to see a psychological return to the mean, cruel and sadistic Gray hulk from the very beginning of PAD’s run ( like during the “ground zero” storyline; particularly, his fight against Wolverine) but just through Bruce’s body. That could be very terrifying... and it would also explain why Gray hulk hasn’t gotten his normal body back through out the run. If so, then Al Ewing is a genius

The possibilities here, much like Hulk's power, are virtually unlimited. Can't wait to see the return of Banner's mindscape, starting next issue! I wonder the extent of the damage Xemnu caused to the system, and what terrible things could come out of it!

With now three personas within Banner's human form I'm wondering if the "Big guy" might become "Savage Banner" again.

Although I haven't read the issue apart from the sampled panels, doesn't "Robert" seem to have some similarities to Aaron's crazy Banner? Maybe Ewing's working that in a bit.
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 03-16-2020 at 07:55 AM.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    With now three personas within Banner's human form I'm wondering if the "Big guy" might become "Savage Banner" again.

Although I haven't read the issue apart from the sampled panels, doesn't "Robert" seem to have some similarities to Aaron's crazy Banner? Maybe Ewing's working that in a bit.
    Just a bit, but Aaron's crazy Banner (from that awful run) wasn't Banner, but a poor clone. Also, He was crazy about becoming the Hulk again.

"Robert" has different motivations, and He seems much more dangerous.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jness View Post
    Does Brian just write a paragraph and pad it with scans he took off of a pirate site now? That’s some serious low effort posting on his part.
    How much he needs to write varies based on how much is required for the particular rumour he is confirming/debunking. This particular one didn't require all that much writing from him. He does still have to go to the effort of choosing and gathering the particular scans needed to provide the necessary context though.

so can any of Banner's alters ever truly die, or do they just get "locked away"? For the truly malevolent personalities, this is obviously problematic. :-(
    I see bad things coming. very bad.