Page 27 of 147 FirstFirst ... 172324252627282930313777127 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Hulk View Post
    That's not what He said. He theorized that a part of the system, an alter, (Joe Fixit) could "die".
    Yeah, I don't think they'll kill anyone off but if they were dead set on it, Fixit is the equivalent of a movie cop a few days away from retirement.

Incredible Member PlatinumThorns's Avatar

June 2020 Solicitation

IMMORTAL HULK #37

AL EWING (W), JOE BENNETT (A), Cover by ALEX ROSS

LIVING VAMPIRE VARIANT COVER BY TONY DANIEL

* When Bruce Banner first came to Shadow Base, he was cut up into pieces and stored in jars. Now Shadow Base is under his control.

* But Bruce Banner was only the second test subject.

* Now...THE FIRST is free.

32 pages, $3.99.

Didn't Devil say he killed off the Secret Empire Hulk?

BTW anybody read the old THE ORDER Defenders series? Basically when the A-list Defenders went a bit crazy. It's interesting because it does have a bit of a Hulk persona conflict (It was written during the multi-Hulk Jenkins run)-if I remember correctly, Savage didn't want to go along with their plans so he was replaced by Joe Fixit, but then Joe proved too much of a loose canon so finally the Professor/Merged worked with them. Eventually though I think the Savage came back at the end.

It's been a while since I read it though. It basically was the capper to the Busiek/Larsen series.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Didn't Devil say he killed off the Secret Empire Hulk?
    He didn't kill him, he said he tore it to pieces somehow and locked it away, so he is no longer a problem, although i doubt that's the last we will see/hear of it.

Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

The First

FrazettaHulk, we should be really proud of the homage.

Spectacular Member

Thankfully Ewing was receptive to the idea. From Director’s Cut to issue 2, Dr Frye was originally named Dr Hendricks/Ghoul Hendricks. And his son, Del Frye, was originally Mark Hendricks. Doubtful the speculators would have been as driven to speculate up Dr Hendricks’ 1st appearance.

I wonder how Frye will act. His mind must be completely damaged, considering He has been in excruciating pain since He rose from his grave! Also, McGowan was the only member of the Shadow Base to ever show sympathy to him, to his situation.

He's a very good vessel for TOBA to manifest it into the world.

Spectacular Member Hulkbanner12's Avatar

That's not what He said. He theorized that a part of the system, an alter, (Joe Fixit) could "die".
    Ah i see. So its a theory that might be correct or might

So in case some of ya'll didn't know, the current Ghost Rider run is doing a "Hell War" arc and of course the Below-Place was mentioned as one of the Hells in the multiverse. A plotpoint was shown a couple issues ago that implies that all (if not most) Hell lords are capable and have their own versions of the Ghost Rider. Do think the Below-Place (and by extension TOBA) will make a Rider? This doesn't really have much to do with Immortal Hulk, but it's kinda something interesting to think about.

Quote Originally Posted by PlatinumThorns View Post
    So in case some of ya'll didn't know, the current Ghost Rider run is doing a "Hell War" arc and of course the Below-Place was mentioned as one of the Hells in the multiverse. A plotpoint was shown a couple issues ago that implies that all (if not most) Hell lords are capable and have their own versions of the Ghost Rider. Do think the Below-Place (and by extension TOBA) will make a Rider? This doesn't really have much to do with Immortal Hulk, but it's kinda something interesting to think about.
    I don't think so; my opinion, of course. TOBA is just too big, the mirror image of TOAA. Much like it, it doesn't act directly (as Ewing once said). It needs a vessel, a Gamma Being to exert more influence in our world. Creating a "spirit of vengeance" doesn't make much sense, considering this all.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PlatinumThorns View Post
    No that wont happen, i seriously doubt TOBA is even concerned with these things, he is the prime evil he doesn't want to rule, he doesn't want more power, he doesn't want anything other than to just end all light and life and be left entirely alone. So i really don't see him as being concerned about making a ghost rider of his own.

All-New Member

I think the closest to that us Brian Banner

Quote Originally Posted by Intothevoid View Post
    No that wont happen, i seriously doubt TOBA is even concerned with these things, he is the prime evil he doesn't want to rule, he doesn't want more power, he doesn't want anything other than to just end all light and life and be left entirely alone. So i really don't see him as being concerned about making a ghost rider of his own.
    Very well said.

They really put this out there without telling anyone huh? Anyways, guest artist seems kinda meh but it works for the mindscape portions