Page 3 of 147 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Dunno why the U-Foes have not apeared in more Hulk stories because ever since i first read the Hulk stories with them waay back i thought they were a interesting group of villains for the Hulk.
    I am intrigued to see how will be the U-Foes by Al Ewing and Joe Bennet.

Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

Hulk vs. Xemnu!

Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

Btw, https://www.adventuresinpoortaste.co...omics-of-2019/

AIPT's favorite comics of 2019

Best Ongoing Series

Forrest – Immortal Hulk by Al Ewing

Ewing’s Immortal Hulk rebukes the expectations of the reader at every turn, and the story is all the better for it. Downright disrespectful to the MCU’s take on the popular character, Ewing’s world and characters live in the nuances of esoteric religion, nuclear anxiety, and toxic masculinity in a nod to extreme literal intentionality and merit that most superhero comics today simply don’t take the time to find let alone develop. This is a title where even the end of the universe isn’t off limits, and the only expectation you have going in is that all expectations will be exceeded.

Also, in the biggest comic book community on Reddit, Immortal Hulk won:

Best Of 2019 Awards!

Best Ongoing Series: The Immortal Hulk

Best Cover: Immortal Hulk #25 by Alex Ross

Best Story Arc: Hulk In Hell

https://www.reddit.com/r/comicbooks/...books_best_of/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Hulk View Post
    Hulk vs. Xemnu!

That looks fantastic, considering we see a news crew helicopter in the back i assume this is how Xemnu frames the Hulk making him somehow responsible for those monsters.

Btw where did you get that image from? It's not on Joes facebook or instagram.

BANNED

Tarot #2 variant cover

ENn5Mg5X0AE5xmf.jpg

Incredible Member PlatinumThorns's Avatar

Immortal Hulk: Great Power first look

BANNED

I still don't get why this comic exists.... It's literally just "hey lets give Spider-Man Hulk powers for a day" and that's it.

I mean i can already see the comic, oh Spider-Man can't control his temper and strength, he must find a way to do so before it's too late and someone gets hurt and it all ends with Banner getting the Hulk powers back like nothing happened.

Quote Originally Posted by McFarlane's Green Hulk View Post
    Piggy-backing off the Mac screen problem I had a few weeks ago, my review of Hulk Annual #11 went belly-up too.
    It was such a chore getting thru that book that I'm just gonna link it to another review and call it good.

Incredible Hulk Annual #11
    “The Day the Earth Turned Green!”

Cover Date: October 1982
    Sale Date: June 22nd, 1982
    Writer: Bill Mantlo
    Artist: Rich Buckler
    Inker: Joe Sinnott
    Letterer: Jim Novak
    Colorist: Bob Sharen
    Editor: Al Milgrom

Guest Stars/Supporting Cast: The Avengers, Spider-Man, Fantastic Four, Dr. Strange, and Dr. Rikky Keegan
    Villain: The Leader
    Synopsis: https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Incre...nnual_Vol_1_11
    Commentary: Interesting issue. While not bad, it's just one of those things that grind on me. I have a select few of good Hulk annuals, and this, sadly, isn't one of them. Shame that I can't remember my comments from the original review, but I liked the art team here. Buckler was a good artist, and we don't have look at pages full of Kirby swipes in this book.
    You may not have enjoyed this one, but I have a sentimental spot for this annual. Why, you ask? I distinctly remember it as one of the first comics I ever had/read, plus it was most definitely my introduction to the concept of the unified Marvel Universe (although I most definitely didn't recognize it as such except in hindsight). It recycles the same tropes--Hulk blamed for somehow being responsible for the Green Flu, gets attacked by the good guys, and finally everybody realizes the Leader's the real bad guy, the end. I'd have liked to see Rikki Keegan more, to get some more background on her and perhaps for her to have survived, but we can't have it all, alas.

A lot of solid art by Rich Buckler and Joe Sinnott. And dear God, I wish I could afford to buy the original art for page 11.

Oh, and welcome back, fellas. It's been a while.

~Gary, aka HulkSmash!

Quote Originally Posted by Intothevoid View Post
    I still don't get why this comic exists.... It's literally just "hey lets give Spider-Man Hulk powers for a day" and that's it.

I mean i can already see the comic, oh Spider-Man can't control his temper and strength, he must find a way to do so before it's too late and someone gets hurt and it all ends with Banner getting the Hulk powers back like nothing happened.
    Not to mention it all already happened already 30 years ago, in Web of Spider-Man #69-70. Seriously!

~G.

Quote Originally Posted by HulkSmash! View Post
    You may not have enjoyed this one, but I have a sentimental spot for this annual. Why, you ask? I distinctly remember it as one of the first comics I ever had/read, plus it was most definitely my introduction to the concept of the unified Marvel Universe (although I most definitely didn't recognize it as such except in hindsight). It recycles the same tropes--Hulk blamed for somehow being responsible for the Green Flu, gets attacked by the good guys, and finally everybody realizes the Leader's the real bad guy, the end. I'd have liked to see Rikki Keegan more, to get some more background on her and perhaps for her to have survived, but we can't have it all, alas.

A lot of solid art by Rich Buckler and Joe Sinnott. And dear God, I wish I could afford to buy the original art for page 11.

~Gary, aka HulkSmash!
    ah. I remember at the time, Spider-Man didn't get to do much. I was disappointed (I was a kid). lol.

iMan 42s

Quote Originally Posted by Intothevoid View Post

Y'know what a really fun version of that would be? What if Hulk got Spider-powers.

Bruce is intelligent right so what would he do if he had those powers? Like what if Hulk had amped up versions of Spider-man's abilities?
    - Punches are people getting pulled into Hulk's swinging fist and or Hulk using it to make people stick to things with enough force he might as well have punched them.
    - Thunder clapping a ball of web could be a sort of net gun (think Predator 2)
    - Why not go the extra mile and bring back the webbing being formed into objects, like if it's Joe he creates a web baseball bat or pulls a ball and chain.
    - An extension of that is webbing being able to transfer energy, so Hulk is able to pump his radiation through it and have it act like a sensory organ.

Then if Bruce gets into it because he's a shape-shifter he starts taking on a new persona and form and realizes he's not all that into it and ditches. Yeah I'm just not into Spider-man having Hulk powers again otherwise.
    -
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Mighty Member McFarlane's Green Hulk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HulkSmash! View Post

~Gary, aka HulkSmash!
    HE LIVES!!!!!!
    Welcome back...

BANNED

Was an Ok issue, wasn't too blown away by it, felt more like filler... is it me or are more and more IH issues feeling like filler nowadays? It's not a bad issue by any means, it's just that we get all these issues that feel like they are dragged out a lot with nothing substantive to them. Like this didn't need to be a whole issue on itself.

Incredible Member PlatinumThorns's Avatar

Great issue! I think there's gonna be a boiling point when the Hulk personalities are just gonna do something drastic and no one's gonna see it coming. Also, Joe's designs for the monsters are so damn good. And it's only gonna escalate from here

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    Y'know what a really fun version of that would be? What if Hulk got Spider-powers.

Bruce is intelligent right so what would he do if he had those powers? Like what if Hulk had amped up versions of Spider-man's abilities?
    - Punches are people getting pulled into Hulk's swinging fist and or Hulk using it to make people stick to things with enough force he might as well have punched them.
    - Thunder clapping a ball of web could be a sort of net gun (think Predator 2)
    - Why not go the extra mile and bring back the webbing being formed into objects, like if it's Joe he creates a web baseball bat or pulls a ball and chain.
    - An extension of that is webbing being able to transfer energy, so Hulk is able to pump his radiation through it and have it act like a sensory organ.

Then if Bruce gets into it because he's a shape-shifter he starts taking on a new persona and form and realizes he's not all that into it and ditches. Yeah I'm just not into Spider-man having Hulk powers again otherwise.
    -
    Bruce Banner is Spider-Man in at least one universe, Bullet Points I believe was the name of that story. And Peter was the Hulk in that one too.