Page 36 of 147 FirstFirst ... 263233343536373839404686136 ... LastLast

Great issue - no question. And lots to ponder!

Changing the artist for the mindscape pages was a great idea, and clearly there's something up with the Green Scar. He's obviously got the others imprisoned, and prevented the Savage Hulk from freeing them.

But if he's being controlled/replaced, why even deal with the Savage Hulk? Why not just take over? And if the Green Scar is being controlled, I'm not sure it's the Leader. I thought his limitation was that he couldn't control other gamma beings, just hurt them (unless something has changed). With Rick he has that special mental connection to him from years ago, so I can understand how could happen.

Interestingly, despite the cool bone protrusions, it did feel like the Green Scar when he did appear. Especially with the Planet Hulk quip. It'll be interesting to see where they go with this.

And yeah, I almost feel sorry for Dario. "Eat the rich" indeed. I wonder what will happen to him as he doesn't seem particularly useful in his current state. Also, kudos to the team for dialing up Xemnu's creepiness factor. Way up.

https://twitter.com/al_ewing/status/...855789574?s=21
    Right now we're mid-Act III.
    Ewing said he had a 5 Act structure right? So we’re about past the midway point and making our way towards the finale. Also what a ******** time for the comics industry to shut down huh? Next issue was supposed to be Leader focused and would probably be all about explaining the stuff we saw in this issue. Part of me is selfish and wants Marvel and DC to still release their issues regardless of how it affects the DM.

Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kolwyr View Post
    Great issue - no question. And lots to ponder!

Changing the artist for the mindscape pages was a great idea, and clearly there's something up with the Green Scar. He's obviously got the others imprisoned, and prevented the Savage Hulk from freeing them.

But if he's being controlled/replaced, why even deal with the Savage Hulk? Why not just take over? And if the Green Scar is being controlled, I'm not sure it's the Leader. I thought his limitation was that he couldn't control other gamma beings, just hurt them (unless something has changed). With Rick he has that special mental connection to him from years ago, so I can understand how could happen.

Interestingly, despite the cool bone protrusions, it did feel like the Green Scar when he did appear. Especially with the Planet Hulk quip. It'll be interesting to see where they go with this.

And yeah, I almost feel sorry for Dario. "Eat the rich" indeed. I wonder what will happen to him as he doesn't seem particularly useful in his current state. Also, kudos to the team for dialing up Xemnu's creepiness factor. Way up.
    What I love about Ewing and Bennett is that they turned Xemnu into a real threat!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    https://twitter.com/al_ewing/status/...855789574?s=21

Ewing said he had a 5 Act structure right? So we’re about past the midway point and making our way towards the finale. Also what a ******** time for the comics industry to shut down huh? Next issue was supposed to be Leader focused and would probably be all about explaining the stuff we saw in this issue. Part of me is selfish and wants Marvel and DC to still release their issues regardless of how it affects the DM.
    Unfortunately, I believe he said a 4 act structure. I hope I'm wrong about this, or that He changes his mind!

Incredible Member

Three things which leap to mind:
    1) How does Hulkverines fit into this? That was after the initial Immortal Hulk TOBA arc, and involved the Leader prominently. Surely, with Ewing having pitched his big arc involving the Leader and having it be accepted, Pak wouldn't have been allowed to use the Leader for it if it contradicted the main book's plam.
    2) That is NOT the Leader as JB drew him in #25. The head in #25 was relatively close to OG Leader. This is closer to the Macfarlane Leader design.
    3) Yeah, Gravage/Scar was really off, but I wasn't sure on first reading if that was deliberate, since Ewing's Fixit *also* feels really off to me. However, look back at LeadeRick's reply to Xemnu claiming to have all of Banner/Hulk's mind - "Only some of it. What was available." Leader definitely has Scar - either direct control, pretending to be Scar while Scar is actually still "dormant", or some sort of significant influence.

Spectacular Member Hulkbanner12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SanityOrMadness View Post
    1) How does Hulkverines fit into this? That was after the initial Immortal Hulk TOBA arc, and involved the Leader prominently. Surely, with Ewing having pitched his big arc involving the Leader and having it be accepted, Pak wouldn't have been allowed to use the Leader for it if it contradicted the main book's plam.
    2) That is NOT the Leader as JB drew him in #25. The head in #25 was relatively close to OG Leader. This is closer to the Macfarlane Leader design.
    3) Yeah, Gravage/Scar was really off, but I wasn't sure on first reading if that was deliberate, since Ewing's Fixit *also* feels really off to me. However, look back at LeadeRick's reply to Xemnu claiming to have all of Banner/Hulk's mind - "Only some of it. What was available." Leader definitely has Scar - either direct control, pretending to be Scar while Scar is actually still "dormant", or some sort of significant influence.

How does General Ross also fit into this as well. He is alive now.

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkbanner12 View Post
    How does General Ross also fit into this as well. He is alive now.
    Again?? Where and when did this happen?

Incredible Member PlatinumThorns's Avatar

So I took a refresher peek at Hulkverines #3 and honestly, I'm 80% convinced it's out of continuity or at the very least retconned out. Mainly because:
    -A lot of continuity errors like Bruce (somehow) managing to find the time to track down Clayton, having the time to hang out with Wolverine despite the fact that Bruce is supposed to be avoiding people at this time early in IH and later cameos prove that Wolverine hasn't yet met with Bruce since his resurrection, etc..
    -Seeing as how The Leader returned and turned him into a super weapon briefly, you'd think like Devil would make him a prime target to go after .
    -The Leader/Alba relationship was never brought up again in any series since.

Also, the mini was done a long while before the current arc was written. Even back then I doubt Ewing himself cared much for it because it was kinda widely know that he was anti-crossover with the Hulk up until recently.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Hulk View Post
    He's not "alive" per-say, but his body was stolen in the Absolute Carnage tie-in.
    Last edited by PlatinumThorns; 03-25-2020 at 08:32 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PlatinumThorns View Post
    He's not "alive" per-say, but his body was stolen in the Absolute Carnage tie-in.
    No he is straight up alive, he appeared at the end of Captain Americas latest issue.

Concerning the Leader, there are some possibilities: 1) Maybe Joe tweaked his design, which I don't think is the case. 2) When we see the Leader in #25, it's pre Green Door knowledge, I believe. So, when he comes out of Brian He evolved/mutated to another form. That has happened before (see below):

Quote Originally Posted by PlatinumThorns View Post
    So I took a refresher peek at Hulkverines #3 and honestly, I'm 80% convinced it's out of continuity or at the very least retconned out. Mainly because:
    -A lot of continuity errors like Bruce (somehow) managing to find the time to track down Clayton, having the time to hang out with Wolverine despite the fact that Bruce is supposed to be avoiding people at this time early in IH and later cameos prove that Wolverine hasn't yet met with Bruce since his resurrection, etc..
    -Seeing as how The Leader returned and turned him into a super weapon briefly, you'd think like Devil would make him a prime target to go after .
    -The Leader/Alba relationship was never brought up again in any series since.

Also, the mini was done a long while before the current arc was written. Even back then I doubt Ewing himself cared much for it because it was kinda widely know that he was anti-crossover with the Hulk up until recently.

I see! I thought something happened after AC.

With all the continuity problems, I wouldn't be surprised if Ewing finds a way to connect at all. He said #34 is the heaviest continuity issue ever! LOL

Spectacular Member Hulkbanner12's Avatar

In the last issue of captain America.

Ultimate Member

Yeah, that's the Earth-12091, and it seems Banner was experimenting on himself, no Gamma bomb!
    Ah..ok. Thanks.

Just that i had a vague memory of that multi-limbed monstrosity from the mini series.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkbanner12 View Post
    In the last issue of captain America.
    > Coates

So it doesn't count.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    > Coates

So it doesn't count.
    LOL. I tried to read the first 10 issues, and didn't enjoy them at all...

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

I must've missed something from the old issues but the Green Door and Rick's body are connected? Is that from the Absorbing Man/TOBA thing?
    "Cable was right!"