Page 49 of 147 FirstFirst ... 394546474849505152535999 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member PlatinumThorns's Avatar

Peter David is making a Maestro origin story!

The series of unspecified length will explore the story of how Bruce Banner/Hulk went from the version of the character most folks know to the hyper-evolved, villainous Maestro in an alternate future.

“I had no idea that when I first created the Maestro for Future Imperfect, that he would have the kind of popularity and staying power he has now,” David stated in the series announcement. “Until now, I’ve only been able to allude to his origins, so I was thrilled to have the opportunity to explore them in this series, and I can’t wait for fans to see all the artwork that's been coming in!”
    Coming out in August. No indication of if it's a one-shot or mini.

Quote Originally Posted by PlatinumThorns View Post

Yeah I’ll definitely be checking this out, love seeing Hulk get more love. Also this has always been a story I’ve been curious about. This is honestly perfect for PAD, he can just write his Hulk without having to mess with what Ewing is doing.

I'm thinking it might be like "Last Call", although LC I think fit pretty well within continuity and I'm thinking this one might be a bit different. The art of Rick, Ross and Betty perhaps has it occur in another timeline that's similar to, but different from, the current one. I think the Secret Wars crossover hinted at that? Although I suppose there could be multiple Maestros.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Astonishing Member

Sounds like a mini-series from PADs comments. It would need to be I think.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    I'm thinking it might be like "Last Call", although LC I think fit pretty well within continuity and I'm thinking this one might be a bit different. The art of Rick, Ross and Betty perhaps has it occur in another timeline that's similar to, but different from, the current one. I think the Secret Wars crossover hinted at that? Although I suppose there could be multiple Maestros.
    Pretty sure this is OG Maestro. The future isn't set in stone. So PAD can still do this and it won't have any effect on, say, what Ewing is doing.

But hey, more Hulk stuff! By PAD and Dale to boot. I'm a happy camper either way. Plus this is a story I've been looking forward to since Future Imperfect.

Astonishing Member

Looks like a limited series of the Maestro to me as well based on Peter David comments.
    And with this creative team i will be collecting it.

As others have stated, this one is a must purchase for me, hurray!
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

One of my favorite Hulk writers of all time? Yeah, I'm picking this up!
    "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margret's not coming?"
    ----------------------
    "One of the maddening but beautiful things about comics is that you have to give characters a sense of change without changing them so much that they violate the essence of who they are." ~ Ann Nocenti, Chris Claremont's X-Men.

Kind of curious if this will take the sequel series "Abominations" into account, which revealed that the Abomination and She-Hulk also survived whatever apocalypse happened.

I'm a bit confused on the Maestro-Towards the end of Peter David's run he was beginning to come back to life, regenerating, and he was the 'beacon' that always brought Bruce back to the test site time after time (Although I think Ewing might've retconned that a bit).

In a weakened state he posessed the destroyer but then his real body got buried under rocks; since then I think his appearances either seemed to take place "before" Future Imperfect (Like his Captain Marvel appearance) or in a timeline similar to FP but not the one the Hulk visited, and of course also in hints that a present Hulk could lead to the Maestro (Ghosts of the Future, the Doc Green arc, and a bit in Immortal of course).

So I haven't seen or read Fear And Loathing In Las Vegas, and I'm not that familiar with Hunter S. Thompson, but given "Sunshine Joe's" general look-both in Banner's body, his choice of fashion and his appearance in the mind scape .I'm wondering if there's a bit of a slight connection there, as Joe isn't quite the gangster/bouncer anymore.
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 05-15-2020 at 03:17 PM.

This is exciting news and I am definitely looking forward to this. The Maestro is one of my favorite foes of the Hulk and really show just how dangerous and creepy an evil version of the Hulk can be.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Kind of curious if this will take the sequel series "Abominations" into account, which revealed that the Abomination and She-Hulk also survived whatever apocalypse happened.

I'm a bit confused on the Maestro-Towards the end of Peter David's run he was beginning to come back to life, regenerating, and he was the 'beacon' that always brought Bruce back to the test site time after time (Although I think Ewing might've retconned that a bit).

In a weakened state he posessed the destroyer but then his real body got buried under rocks; since then I think his appearances either seemed to take place "before" Future Imperfect (Like his Captain Marvel appearance) or in a timeline similar to FP but not the one the Hulk visited, and of course also in hints that a present Hulk could lead to the Maestro (Ghosts of the Future, the Doc Green arc, and a bit in Immortal of course).
    PAD has done stuff with his since. He used him in All New X-Factor and he was used in the second volume of Spider-man 2099 as well. Even when it isn't classified as the FP timeline, Maestro's history is pretty much the same regardless.

Fantastic Member

I finally noticed what was bugging me about that pic and thought I'd share it, so you too will be unable to "un-see" it.

Check out the fingernails on Hulk and Maestro.

Fantastic Member

After seeing Maestro be humbled by Old Man Logan - presumably a weaker version of Wolverine - the character is much less interesting. No thanks.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by xcoijoi View Post
    After seeing Maestro be humbled by Old Man Logan - presumably a weaker version of Wolverine - the character is much less interesting. No thanks.
    That wasn't Bruce Banner Maestro, it was Banner Junior turned Maestro, as in the son of the incestual relationship of Bruce Banner and Jen Walters from Old Man Logan timeline.