Page 50 of 147 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460100 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Intothevoid View Post
    That wasn't Bruce Banner Maestro, it was Banner Junior turned Maestro, as in the son of the incestual relationship of Bruce Banner and Jen Walters from Old Man Logan timeline.
    Hate that story so much.

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

What would you guys say is the Hulk’s rogues gallery? One example I’ve seen:

Abomination, Mister Hyde, Madman, the Glob, the Wendigo, the Leader, the U-Foes, Zzzax, Mercy, the Gamma Corps, Rock, Redeemer, the Crawling Unknown, Sh'mballah

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post

Abomination, Mister Hyde, Madman, the Glob, the Wendigo, the Leader, the U-Foes, Zzzax, Mercy, the Gamma Corps, Rock, Redeemer, the Crawling Unknown, Sh'mballah
    Most are more or less fine, although some are extremely obscure. Like i doubt anyone remembers Rock lol. Sh'mballah also never appeared outside a single novel, although he had potential being some kind of cosmic horror tied to Many Angled Ones.

The list is missing a lot of prominent characters like Leader, you can't make a Hulk rogue list without him ever.

Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

You forgot about the Galaxy Master (one with a lot of potential), a being of huge cosmic power not unlike Galactus, for example. The Dark Crawler from the dark dimension; another one that, in the hands of a master like Ewing, could be amazing!

Brian Banner, Ross, and Half-Life should definitely be there. Ewing has added Xemnu, One Below All, and Dario Agger.

BANNED

You might as well add V.I.S.T.A. then as well and definitely Gammon because he will appear in Immortal Hulk which is pretty cool.

Wish Ewing was staying on longer. There’s a bunch of Hulk Rogues I would love to see him revamp but I don’t know if he’ll have the issues to get to them all. Oh well, at least Leader is going to get to shine for the first time in forever. Really hope he gets recemented as Hulk’s archenemy.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Hulk View Post
    You forgot about the Galaxy Master (one with a lot of potential), a being of huge cosmic power not unlike Galactus, for example. The Dark Crawler from the dark dimension; another one that, in the hands of a master like Ewing, could be amazing!
    Don't forget about Lord Armageddon, the U-Foes, Umar the Unrelenting, Wendigo and Bi-Beast. Those are some really great Hulk antagonists that deserves some spotlight. Would love to see what Al Ewing could do with them if they were to appear in The Immortal Hulk!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PlatinumThorns View Post
    Peter David is making a Maestro origin story!

Coming out in August. No indication of if it's a one-shot or mini.
    Let's hope this does The Maestro justice. The character has been horribly mistreated these last 5+ years. The version that appeared in OML was horrible and his death was pure idiocy! I can only hope this is the reinvention/reimagining of the villain, because in all honesty... Maestro should be portrayed as an Elite villain whose raw power is on par with Thanos or above and with an intellect rivaling that of the most intelligent beings in the Marvel Universe. If portrayed accurately, the Maestro could be a really powerful and formidable antagonist the not only to the Hulk but the Multiverse in general.
    Last edited by GreenScar1990; 05-17-2020 at 12:25 AM.

BANNED

I think you are getting a bit carried away there, Maestro has the potential to be a really good and powerful villain I mean he should have Hulk+ power and Banners intelligence but i don't think he is Thanos level, let alone a threat to the multiverse, that's a stretch, ruling the Earth is enough for him honestly.

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

The Hulk as he appeared in The Avengers #1 (July, 2006). Art by Manuel Garcia.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Intothevoid View Post
    I think you are getting a bit carried away there, Maestro has the potential to be a really good and powerful villain I mean he should have Hulk+ power and Banners intelligence but i don't think he is Thanos level, let alone a threat to the multiverse, that's a stretch, ruling the Earth is enough for him honestly.
    I don't think it's much of a stretch. We know that Hulk, left unchecked and unrestrained (like we seen in The Immortal Hulk after his body was taken over by TOBA) can kill the likes of Galactus, Franklin Richards and Metatron, survive the end/death of the current Multiverse/Omniverse, and go on to annihilate all the Abstracts, Cosmic Beings and/or Forces in the 9th Multiverse/Cosmos.

So is it really hard to believe The Maestro couldn't be on par with Thanos or Dr. Doom? Furthermore why shouldn't he? The potential is there, it's just not be mined/utilized at all yet. And it fits The Maestro's personality. Why just have one planet when he could have it all? And if given the right creative team, particularly the right writer, what is there to stop Maestro from reaching and/or being portrayed as such?

Besides, I'm sick to death of guys like Thanos & Doom being over-utilized and be portrayed as the big villains the majority of the time. It's boring and lacks creativity/imagination. What, so it's okay for Thanos to obtain a massively powerful McGuffin or have Doom steal the powers of an omnipotent being, but yet someone like Maestro or The Leader it's not? That's the problem with Marvel, they rely too much on overused villains rather to utilize, revitalize and/or reimagine other antagonists that're more than capable of being equally as powerful & intelligent as them.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Anyone else want to see Xemmu be more of a presence now Ewing has reintroduced him? He was a great villain.

FINALLY got #33 in physical form here in the UK this weekend. Already read the issue digitally but it’s even better holding it in your hands. Great issue.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenScar1990 View Post
    Don't forget about Lord Armageddon, the U-Foes, Umar the Unrelenting, Wendigo and Bi-Beast. Those are some really great Hulk antagonists that deserves some spotlight. Would love to see what Al Ewing could do with them if they were to appear in The Immortal Hulk!
    I think Armageddon and Umar showed up in Pak's run towards the end. The U-Foes I don't think have been seen for a while (and still, after all these years haven't faced the FF!). Bi-Beast I think has become more of a "Joke" villain.

Wendigo has become somewhat more of a Wolverine/X-men villain but he/they still show up in Hulk from time to time. I think Ewing/Bennett would probably make a decent Wendigo story, given the creature's grisly/horrific nature that would kind of fit the horror aspect the title definitely still has (even if it's moved more from the initial concept/pitch to more of Hulk's "world"). Also Alpha/Gamma flight has been around the book quite a bit, if not the classic line-up, and they've tangled with the Wendigo a few times (Though it seems rarely in their own book, strangely enough).
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 05-17-2020 at 08:35 AM.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Something I just noticed-the Rick in hell's transformation has a similar two-face effect to his later abomination version, although obviously more decayed here. Also, those extra limbs look a lot like the Rick-thing art a few pages back.

Second page excerpted here shows what I mean.

https://comicsverse.com/immortal-hulk-13-review/

Wonder if that's also somehow a bit of a hint about the leader-That Rick is of "Two minds".
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth