Page 51 of 147 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Intothevoid View Post
    That wasn't Bruce Banner Maestro, it was Banner Junior turned Maestro, as in the son of the incestual relationship of Bruce Banner and Jen Walters from Old Man Logan timeline.
    Are you sure about that? Because I don't remember in the story where that was stated.

IIRC, there are three Maestros running around.

PAD's hasn't been seen since he was buried under a pile of rubble after using the Destroyer.

One Maestro survived the Secret Wars, and was imprisoned at the end of Contest of Champions

And the one that gathered the clan of Hulks in Old Man Logan. He was decapitated, but Forge made note that didn't kill Maestro

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Are you sure about that? Because I don't remember in the story where that was stated.

IIRC, there are three Maestros running around.

PAD's hasn't been seen since he was buried under a pile of rubble after using the Destroyer.

One Maestro survived the Secret Wars, and was imprisoned at the end of Contest of Champions

And the one that gathered the clan of Hulks in Old Man Logan. He was decapitated, but Forge made note that didn't kill Maestro
    Yea i didn't know it myself until Kang warned Logan of it back in issue 17 IIRC.

Maestro's problem is that he is entirely underwhelming, he has never been properly utilize which is why most Hulk fans rate him as weaker than even Savage Hulk, it would be cool of Peter David recitified that, though seeing as PAD is not really big on feats or action that likely wont be the case, so i am more interested in how the world actually ended then expecting Maestro to be some cool badass or anything, PAD's writing in general has been pretty stale for years now.
    Last edited by Intothevoid; 05-17-2020 at 09:52 AM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Intothevoid View Post
    Yea i didn't know it myself until Kang warned Logan of it back in issue 17 IIRC.

Maestro's problem is that he is entirely underwhelming, he has never been properly utilize which is why most Hulk fans rate him as weaker than even Savage Hulk, it would be cool of Peter David recitified that, though seeing as PAD is not really big on feats or action that likely wont be the case, so i am more interested in how the world actually ended then expecting Maestro to be some cool badass or anything, PAD's writing in general has been pretty stale for years now.
    Minus the old Man one, the Maestro's had some good showings. He beat the crap out of the Professor Hulk, the Secret War one stomped the hell out of the grandmaster, etc.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Minus the old Man one, the Maestro's had some good showings. He beat the crap out of the Professor Hulk, the Secret War one stomped the hell out of the grandmaster, etc.
    Professor Hulk is one of the weaker versions of Hulk and he stomped Grandmaster with various tools and weapons he had at his exposal, other than that he never did anything of note.

https://www.cbr.com/blue-hulk-cosmic-power-boost/

so how long ago was this story where the Uni-Power possesses the Hulk for a while? Was that a distinct personality or just one of the standard alters with an enhancement?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    https://www.cbr.com/blue-hulk-cosmic-power-boost/

so how long ago was this story where the Uni-Power possesses the Hulk for a while? Was that a distinct personality or just one of the standard alters with an enhancement?
    https://lmgtfy.com/?q=Captain+Univer...ible+Hulk+%231

He's one of the few who's had the Uni Power twice.

BANNED

The uni-powered blue Hulk was a really meh story, i have no idea why it gets brought up every now and then, it was just Savage Hulk being possessed by the Uni-power and all he did with it was beat up a bunch of fodder robots and then the power went away.

The Maestro also shows up in "What Savage Beast" by PAD (Although I don't think it's in anyway 616 canon although it's set around the time of the "Savage banner" part of the Professor/Merged Hulk era).

It's kind of clever, he has a Banner form that poses as a scientist who tries to help the Hulk out when Betty gets pregnant. However, when their son is born he transforms into the Maestro/Hulk form, goes into the future and raises Bruce's son as his own (In this version, I think he utterly defeated the rebellion and used the time machine to transport himself into the past). I think he also tricks the Hulk into a "Cure" of sorts as well if I remember correctly.
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 05-17-2020 at 12:04 PM.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Mighty Member McFarlane's Green Hulk's Avatar

Incredible Hulk Annual #12
    “Amazing Grace!”

Cover Date: 1983
    Sale Date: April 26th, 1983
    Writer: Bill Mantlo
    Artist: Herb Trimpe
    Letterer: Joe Rosen
    Colorist: Bob Sharen
    Editor: Al Milgrom

Guest Stars/Supporting Cast: The Greens
    Antagonists: The Reds
    Synopsis: After turning down the invitation back into the Avengers, and the completion of his own private observatory, Bruce Banner is caught up in a religious conflict on the planet Cygnet between the green and red-skinned population.
    Commentary: Nice cover and pin-up in this issue. It stood out for me enough to have my parents buy this issue, and I think a Road Runner comic, for a road trip. The pin-up in the back of the book always reminds me of Magnum P.I.

Kind of interesting how Banner was written as very heroic and confident in the late 70s and early 80s vs other decades which mainly go with the meek scientist image.

I think that might've been due to the influence of the TV show's take on "David" who was a heroic figure on his own, although one that usually tried to stay out of trouble for obvious reasons.

Makes me kind of wonder if Mantlo's "Banner Hulk" wasn't all that different from Jenkin's take on the merged-a personality that's sort of who Bruce wants to be but is kind of distinct from regular Bruce.

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Kind of interesting how Banner was written as very heroic and confident in the late 70s and early 80s vs other decades which mainly go with the meek scientist image.

I think that might've been due to the influence of the TV show's take on "David" who was a heroic figure on his own, although one that usually tried to stay out of trouble for obvious reasons.

Makes me kind of wonder if Mantlo's "Banner Hulk" wasn't all that different from Jenkin's take on the merged-a personality that's sort of who Bruce wants to be but is kind of distinct from regular Bruce.
    Hulk how he’s written today, at least from what I’ve seen, tends to be written as more bleak these days, which I suppose is similar to Namor in that respect.

Incredible Member PlatinumThorns's Avatar

August solicitiations are out. Nothing new besides:

MAESTRO #1 (OF 5)

PETER DAVID (W) • GERMÁN PERALTA & DALE KEOWN (A) • Cover by DALE KEOWN

GAME VARIANT COVER ALSO AVAILABLE
    THE STORY YOU’VE WAITED DECADES FOR: THE ORIGIN OF MAESTRO!
    Almost 30 years after the landmark story Future Imperfect, legendary INCREDIBLE HULK scribe Peter David returns to the far-future version of the Hulk known as Maestro — the master of what remains of the world. With astounding art from HULK veteran Dale Keown and up-and-comer Germán Peralta, Maestro will answer questions that have haunted Hulk fans for years — and inspire some new ones. How did the world fall and the Maestro rise? What happened to the world’s heroes in between? And where is the Hulk we know and love? Find out here!
    40 PGS./Rated T+ …$4.99

Really nice to know it's a mini.

CE8D8A23-60D6-424D-9069-735E281B033C.jpg
    MCU Hulk really did a number on popular perception of Hulk’s strength. I expected it would be closer but Thor pretty handily beat him.

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post
    Hulk how he’s written today, at least from what I’ve seen, tends to be written as more bleak these days, which I suppose is similar to Namor in that respect.
    I'd say Ewing's work is a lot less bleak than Jenkin's run (Where Ewing got the Devil Hulk from) A lot of Jenkin's run had Bruce pretty much in constant mourning over Betty (leading in part to the Guilt Hulk almost getting out) *and* Banner-or at least his human form-was dying at the same time from ALS (He eventually was cured using his father's DNA, although his final issue made it *very clear* this was a fictional treatment by Banner breaking the fourth wall giving a phone line to call.

Although given the Hulk's immortality and Banner recovering from several fatal injuries even earlier in the run, I wonder if he would've survived that too.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PlatinumThorns View Post
    August solicitiations are out. Nothing new besides:

MAESTRO #1 (OF 5)

PETER DAVID (W) • GERMÁN PERALTA & DALE KEOWN (A) • Cover by DALE KEOWN

GAME VARIANT COVER ALSO AVAILABLE
    THE STORY YOU’VE WAITED DECADES FOR: THE ORIGIN OF MAESTRO!
    Almost 30 years after the landmark story Future Imperfect, legendary INCREDIBLE HULK scribe Peter David returns to the far-future version of the Hulk known as Maestro — the master of what remains of the world. With astounding art from HULK veteran Dale Keown and up-and-comer Germán Peralta, Maestro will answer questions that have haunted Hulk fans for years — and inspire some new ones. How did the world fall and the Maestro rise? What happened to the world’s heroes in between? And where is the Hulk we know and love? Find out here!
    40 PGS./Rated T+ …$4.99

Really nice to know it's a mini.
    Damn should pay more closer attention to Joe Bennetts instagram, could have pieced together that they were gonna do a Maestro comic months ago, but i just thought it was a variant for a regular Immortal Hulk issue.