Page 52 of 147 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662102 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    I'd say Ewing's work is a lot less bleak than Jenkin's run (Where Ewing got the Devil Hulk from) A lot of Jenkin's run had Bruce pretty much in constant mourning over Betty (leading in part to the Guilt Hulk almost getting out) *and* Banner-or at least his human form-was dying at the same time from ALS (He eventually was cured using his father's DNA, although his final issue made it *very clear* this was a fictional treatment by Banner breaking the fourth wall giving a phone line to call.

Although given the Hulk's immortality and Banner recovering from several fatal injuries even earlier in the run, I wonder if he would've survived that too.
    I dunno, Immortal Hulk 25 is as bleak as they come, even if its a far future thing

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    I dunno, Immortal Hulk 25 is as bleak as they come, even if its a far future thing
    Immortal Hulk 25 is literally one of the most bleak future in all of Marvel, if not the most bleak one, i think it's the only future of Marvel that i know that Marvel literally ceases to exist as a whole lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Intothevoid View Post
    Immortal Hulk 25 is literally one of the most bleak future in all of Marvel, if not the most bleak one, i think it's the only future of Marvel that i know that Marvel literally ceases to exist as a whole lol.
    Only thing that compares is Hulk: The End for me.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    So I haven't seen or read Fear And Loathing In Las Vegas, and I'm not that familiar with Hunter S. Thompson, but given "Sunshine Joe's" general look-both in Banner's body, his choice of fashion and his appearance in the mind scape .I'm wondering if there's a bit of a slight connection there, as Joe isn't quite the gangster/bouncer anymore.
    By Al Ewing's own admission--when I talked to him months ago in Dallas, then actually made canon in the few pages he and Joe did in the INCOMING special--his own inspiration for Joe is Ralph Meeker from the film "Kiss Me Deadly." Joe's young Bruce's idea of what an older tough guy would be like, which, when you think about it, explains so much about Joe going back to PAD's days writing that iteration.

~G.
    Last edited by HulkSmash!; 05-22-2020 at 08:16 PM.

BANNED

I don't know if everyone seen this, but I figured to post in anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenScar1990 View Post
    I don't know if everyone seen this, but I figured to post in anyway.

Wow, very impressive, I can hardly wait to read this story. I'm so excited. This is probably the most excited I've been for a book in many years.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

BANNED

"For the long-anticipated origin story of the Maestro, we knew we’d need an artist who could handle both the larger-than-life visuals of the Hulk and also the world-building that depicting this post-apocalyptic journey would require," Senior Editor Wil Moss said. "As you can see from these preview pages, Germán Peralta is that artist and then some! While the legendary Dale Keown will be drawing select sequences in each issue (including the backstory of how Rick Jones assembled his infamous “trophy room” from the original FUTURE IMPERFECT story!), Germán and colorist Jesus Aburtov are the main art team on this miniseries, bringing to life every crazy idea Peter David can throw at them -- like “Old Man M.O.D.O.K.” here, for example! And that’s just the tip of the gamma-irradiated iceberg!"

Given Ewing/Bennet's new takes on Joe (as a somewhat crazier-looking Bruce) and Green Scar (with the bone spikes) I'm kind of curious what the Professor might look like if that persona comes back. Joe's drawn him before (For Paul Jenkin's final issues) but his style has evolved since then.

The Professor/merged usually had the most "human" face out of all the incarnations when he was drawn, so it'd be interesting to see a new take on that with Bennet's new "body horror" take. Might be something weird like the Hulk but with Banner's skin instead of green. (There was an effect like that way back in #392, but it was just Hulk in makeup to throw off Igor). Although then of course maybe he'd just look like Juggernaught or something without the armor.
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 05-26-2020 at 07:21 AM.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Fantastic Member

How is Hulk going to take over the Universe, if he can't even keep his original publishing schedule?

The One-Below-All is going to look at his tardinness, and start to suspect that Banner and his distinguished selves aren't the right monsters for the job.

Since Maestro is a villain, I'm not feeling the probable ending of this mini series. lots of heroes are going to die. I hope that folks don't try to turn Maestro into an 'anti-hero' in the aftermath of this and making a time-warped Maestro part of the new "Team Hulk". Please don't do that, Marvel.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Since Maestro is a villain, I'm not feeling the probable ending of this mini series. lots of heroes are going to die. I hope that folks don't try to turn Maestro into an 'anti-hero' in the aftermath of this and making a time-warped Maestro part of the new "Team Hulk". Please don't do that, Marvel.
    This story is written by the guy who created Maestro as the embodiment of all the deadly sins. So yeah, I have little doubt he'll be any kind of anti-hero

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    He definitely wont be an anti-hero, this story is basically a prequel to Future Imperfect, so it's impossible for him to become some anti-hero, by the final issue of the mini-series we will see him likely transform into a full blown villain that would set up his confrontation with Merged Hulk in Future Imperfect.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Intothevoid View Post
    He definitely wont be an anti-hero, this story is basically a prequel to Future Imperfect, so it's impossible for him to become some anti-hero, by the final issue of the mini-series we will see him likely transform into a full blown villain that would set up his confrontation with Merged Hulk in Future Imperfect.
    Keep in mind, this is the same writer, who when he returned to the title proceeded to have Bruce/Hulk attempt to blow up his school.

He's not going to anti-hero it.

That being said, I wonder about those preview pages. It looks like he slept through the war? It appears MODOK is reviving him and he's seeing the destruction for the first time?

I figure we're not going to get this giant glowing radioactive Hulk plowing through heroes while nukes are going off all around him.. maybe it'll be slightly tragic.. let's say when the bombs started dropping he went a little nuts and had to be knocked out (ala the end of WWH).. seeing all the dead heroes and society and being surrounded by villains he just snaps. I'm just wondering how much MODOK is going to be involved is all.

I hope it's Bruce fall from grace and not pushed by MODOK. As long as the bulk of things is on Bruce I'm sure I'll be "happy" regardless.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cth View Post
    Keep in mind, this is the same writer, who when he returned to the title proceeded to have Bruce/Hulk attempt to blow up his school.

He's not going to anti-hero it.

That being said, I wonder about those preview pages. It looks like he slept through the war? It appears MODOK is reviving him and he's seeing the destruction for the first time?

I figure we're not going to get this giant glowing radioactive Hulk plowing through heroes while nukes are going off all around him.. maybe it'll be slightly tragic.. let's say when the bombs started dropping he went a little nuts and had to be knocked out (ala the end of WWH).. seeing all the dead heroes and society and being surrounded by villains he just snaps. I'm just wondering how much MODOK is going to be involved is all.

I hope it's Bruce fall from grace and not pushed by MODOK. As long as the bulk of things is on Bruce I'm sure I'll be "happy" regardless.
    Yea i will be honest that's one thing i didn't like from the preview images, the fact that Hulk seemingly slept through an entire nuclear apocolypse... The whole point for this series for me is to see it all go down in real time, have Hulk participate in it as well, but this just took away most of the hype i had for the mini-series.

Modok is also whatever... one thing i never liked about PAD is he always brought the most underwhelming characters to be Hulks antagonists.

Incredible Member PlatinumThorns's Avatar

Bruh, looks at this dude...