Page 55 of 147 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965105 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member PlatinumThorns's Avatar

Heya, I'm doing some minor research. Is issue #439 the first time we saw the Hulk being able to swap personalities on the fly, similar in a way to Immortal Hulk #33? Or is it just a more direct version of what's already been shown in plenty of earlier issues?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by PlatinumThorns View Post
    Heya, I'm doing some minor research. Is issue #439 the first time we saw the Hulk being able to swap personalities on the fly, similar in a way to Immortal Hulk #33? Or is it just a more direct version of what's already been shown in plenty of earlier issues?
    I don't think this would count as changing personalities.

At the time, Bruce's head was full of shrapnel, impairing his thinking. His plan to place blame on 'The Maestro' was just him acting, no personality shift involved.

During the fall of the Pantheon was when we saw the first large personality shift, the Savage Hulk forced into Bruce's body.

Spectacular Member

Is the next issue of Immortal Hulk coming this month or is it postponed due to Covid-19?

P.S. I thought after the board reboot I would have to start a new account, but turns out my old account was very much working

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Klaxton View Post
    Is the next issue of Immortal Hulk coming this month or is it postponed due to Covid-19?

P.S. I thought after the board reboot I would have to start a new account, but turns out my old account was very much working
    Issue #34 will come out on June 24th.

Quote Originally Posted by PlatinumThorns View Post
    As The Cool Thatguy said, this wasn't really a change in personality but a brain-damaged Hulk assuming the appearance (but not personality) of the Maestro at will.

Which is itself a unique variation on the transformation theme. Banner is a metamorph, a shapeshifter, when you get down to the core. Most of the time, he can't control what his alters look like; they're formed by his subconscious and the myriad of personalities from his Dissociative Identity Disorder. (Per Paul Jenkins, he spins out personalities with their own unique appearances in response to stimuli, or more appropriately, trauma.) This is something new as the Hulk just spontaneously grew a beard! If Banner could harness the full Gamma power he has, he could control his appearance and more besides. This one time during "Ghosts of the Future" is the only time he actually opened his mind to these other possibilities.

~G.

Spectacular Member

I too have a question. Like his flight in Hulk #3, or Unipower, or Apocalypse armor or Venom symbiote what other amps did Hulk have over the years

Spectacular Member

Immortal Hulk 38 cover

Guessing that's Devil breaking free from Green scar's chain's.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Fantastic Member

Would love to see Bennett portray the Savage Hulk in the style of Sal Buscema (with modern flourishes). Just having the "Gravage / Kirby look" takes away from Savage's unique persona (Shaggy hair, less pronounced brow).

BANNED

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Intothevoid View Post

Goodness, this looks absolutely gorgeous. I am so excited.
    "Mutationem Aeternum"
    Krakoan and Proud

Quote Originally Posted by jebsib View Post
    Would love to see Bennett portray the Savage Hulk in the style of Sal Buscema (with modern flourishes). Just having the "Gravage / Kirby look" takes away from Savage's unique persona (Shaggy hair, less pronounced brow).
    Bennet drew the final issues of Paul Jenkin's run (Around Incredible Hulk vol.3 #30-33 I think), some of which included the Savage Hulk in Banner's mindscape with that kind of look, although his style has changed quite a bit since then (Around 2002).

Quote Originally Posted by Intothevoid View Post

I can't help but see David Tennant's kind of "What?" face in that closeup....(maybe a bit of a photo reference? Bennet seems to use them a bit, but not to the extent of Greg Land thankfully)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1cun-FULdk (Around the 1:10 mark)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    I can't help but see David Tennant's kind of "What?" face in that closeup....(maybe a bit of a photo reference? Bennet seems to use them a bit, but not to the extent of Greg Land thankfully)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1cun-FULdk (Around the 1:10 mark)
    This isn't art from Bennet though.

The latest from Joe Bennett (now inked!):
    "WAKE UP, KID!"

103395089_206344707117465_2964111979882495745_n.jpg
    Last edited by Kolwyr; 06-14-2020 at 03:33 PM.