Page 58 of 147 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268108 ... LastLast

the next writer and artists need to be lined up.

Incredible Member PlatinumThorns's Avatar

Immortal Hulk #0

W) Bill Mantlo, Peter David, Al Ewing (A) Mike Mignola, Adam Kubert, More (CA) Mattia De Iulis
    THE REAL STORY OF BRIAN BANNER - WITH A NEW TALE BY AL EWING!
    Al Ewing and Joe Bennett's Immortal Hulk series has illuminated the Hulk's history like none before it. This special issue reprints INCREDIBLE HULK #312 and INCREDIBLE HULK #-1, two of the pivotal stories that inspired the Immortal take on Brian Banner, Bruce's father and the terrifying conduit to the One Below All. Plus: A brand-new story reveals yet more secrets behind this mastermind of cruelty. A can't-miss issue for any Immortal Hulk fanatic!
    1592561745861.jpg

MAESTRO #2 (OF 5)
    PART TWO: THINGS GET UGLY!
    The world as we know it is long gone - but the Hulk we know and love will never die. Humans killed the Earth...and now the Hulk must choose whether to save it or doom it forever. Peter David's legendary saga continues with an action-packed tale of irradiated destruction! Plus: Just how did Rick Jones gather all the weapons and collectibles of his super-heroic generation? Hulk veteran artist Dale Keown reveals secrets decades in the making!
    STL162605_.jpg
    Last edited by PlatinumThorns; 06-19-2020 at 07:39 AM.

Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

Both looking great. Where did you get them, PlatinumThorns?

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Hulk View Post
    Both looking great. Where did you get them, PlatinumThorns?
    https://bleedingcool.com/comics/an-e...eptember-2020/

Was worried Lemire’s one shot was going to be cancelled, grateful to see it is still going forward.

Fantastic Member

I hope in Immortal Hulk they make it that he was born with an x-gene that his father tried to experiment on basically making him a mutant somewhat like the Ultimate version

That would be absolutely terrible.

BANNED

Yea i don't want Hulk/Banner to be tied to the X-men, that's like too much stuff going on for him, i think him being tied to the Divine is already enough to make him special.

Also interesting how no previews have been released yet.

Brian did suspect his son was a mutant due to his own radiation work and his intelligence, but that's about how far it went.

Hulk I don't think has crossed that many paths with the X-men; with the exception of Xavier (due mainly to both kind of being scientists) and naturally, Wolverine of course...and Hulk has had some memorable run-ins with the Juggernaut (mostly), the Blob and Apocalypse, but that's about it. I don't think he's even fought Colossus that much.

Of course the first movie sort of did the whole thing with him (although renamed "David" in a nod to the TV show) experimenting on himself and his son thing (With the radiation being the final cataylst).
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

It's been hinted at in the earlier IH issues when it was implied that when Brian was experimenting on the "3rd form of Gamma" and TOBA reached out, it also cursed him in some way and influenced things so Bruce could be the perfect Gamma conduit. Whether that means making it so Bruce was born with Hulk attached to him and having the ability to absorb radiation (which of course makes him a mutant in the same way Franklin Richards is. In fact, there's actually some meta connections between him and Bruce but that's a story for another day), or being divinely connected to a higher power is anyone's guess.

But I don't think Marvel or any writer in particular is gonna have Bruce's exact origin explained beyond just being ambiguous.

There was a What If? pitch about Bruce being a mutant called Psyche which i thought i was interesting. His powers was interacting with ghosts instead of the Hulk stuff.

Keep X stuff outta Hulk.

I'm cool with Hulk interacting with mutants but he shouldn't be one.

https://www.cbr.com/leader-returns-i...-hulk-preview/

Preview for issue 34- introduces the leader.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I'm cool with Hulk interacting with mutants but he shouldn't be one.

https://www.cbr.com/leader-returns-i...-hulk-preview/

Preview for issue 34- introduces the leader.
    This is will be really, really good. Thank god it's close now!

Definetly looks like the artist used the David Tennnant "What?" face a bit there....
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth