Page 59 of 147 FirstFirst ... 94955565758596061626369109 ... LastLast

Speaking of X-men, when was the last time Hulk fought a Wendigo? (I know Weapon H has) Given the horror and also mystical element of the title Wendigo would fit pretty well into things.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Speaking of X-men, when was the last time Hulk fought a Wendigo? (I know Weapon H has) Given the horror and also mystical element of the title Wendigo would fit pretty well into things.
    how often has Hulk beat a Wendigo?

Not exactly sure how many fights there's been, but I'm pretty sure the second was of course the Wolverine debut.

I think Loeb and Pak used the Wendigo quite a few times.

I don't think Peter David had Hulk fight the Wendigo, except in the early issues of Captain Marvel (Which in many ways was kind of a semi-sequel to his Hulk run, with the further adventures of Rick and Marlo) in which Hulk (presumably the merged/merged Professor-this was during one of the "rotating personas" periods) guest starred or issues where Hulk hallucinated or recalled his rogues gallery.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Fantastic Member Venom Melendez's Avatar

Happy we are getting a new immortal Hulk tomorrow.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Not exactly sure how many fights there's been, but I'm pretty sure the second was of course the Wolverine debut.

I think Loeb and Pak used the Wendigo quite a few times.

I don't think Peter David had Hulk fight the Wendigo, except in the early issues of Captain Marvel (Which in many ways was kind of a semi-sequel to his Hulk run, with the further adventures of Rick and Marlo) in which Hulk (presumably the merged/merged Professor-this was during one of the "rotating personas" periods) guest starred or issues where Hulk hallucinated or recalled his rogues gallery.
    Peter David had she-hulk fight the Wendigo during his run on her book. But no, I don’t think he’s ever had Bruce battle the wendigo during his run, at least not in the main book

Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

Immortal Hulk #34: now that's how you tell a story about the Leader!

BANNED

I thought the issue was great, really breaking down Leaders character and understanding his journey till now, but the artwork was dreadful, Leaders face was very inconsistent from panel to panel and the artist clearly used tracing multiple times.

That's not big deal, Leader has had many different designs over the years and we went through several of them in this issue.

BANNED

I was not talking about different designs, obviously the buff Leader or the one that's basically a giant brian are totally different looking characters, i am talking about normal leader looking different from panel to panel, even in his human form. And here is one panel with the Hulk where Hulks face looks like Gary Busey from Gingerbread man.

Damn Ewing pretty much perfectly hit upon every major Leader story. Great job reconptextualixing all of Leader’s plans as attempts to understand what he saw when he first became Leader. And I’m so happy he did reference that one scene where Leader attempted to “ascend”. The idea of those two teaming up at the end is horrifying. Bruce is in for some rough times.

Incredible Member PlatinumThorns's Avatar

Some general thoughts on today's issue:

-There are so MANY parallels between the Leader's origin and Bruce's
    -Nice mention of Kirbons, firmed introduced by Hickman in the F4/X-men mini.
    -Interesting that gamma beings are seemlingly able to be revived from total desintergration. Though, it may be because Leader has enough mental fortitude to "will" himself to exist again.
    -Also interesting that this issue explains why Leader's design changes so much.
    -I really loved how Leader's "faith" was told throught the issue. He spent his whole life trying to find the meaning for why he kept getting second chances, and it was like watching a religious zealot discovering god.
    -Not sure how She-Hulk fans will take this, but having her die in Civil War II and TOBA seemingly being the reason why her personality is the way it is currently is a really great way to explain Aaron's bad writing lmao.
    -Yeah, the art was pretty bad overall with some occasionally nice panels. I feel like this is another case of the line work screwing up the art.

Fantastic Member

HOLY FING CRAP.

This issue was amazing, Al Ewing is amazing, and this series is the best thing I've ever read. I will fight you - and win! - if you disagree!!!
    "Mutationem Aeternum"
    Krakoan and Proud

I hope someone super familiar with continuity can give some annotations for the issue. I love finding out where Ewing's specific nods come from.

Fantastic Member

Has Leader's brother appeared in continuity prior to this? There's clearly a reason he was referenced and highlighted in a photograph, just trying to figure out whether this is supposed to have immediate significance or is going to play out later.
    "Mutationem Aeternum"
    Krakoan and Proud

Yes, Leader's brother is the Hulk villain Madman.