Page 6 of 147 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast
    Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FrazettaHulk View Post
    https://www.newsarama.com/48646-immo...del-mundo.html

This feels like a possible *heart tug* story! Thrilled with this news. If he was announced as regular series artist I’d be freaking out & upset. But in a one shot scenario, I can deal. Hoping MDM can at least beat his Totally Awesome Hulk effort from a few years ago.
    Ewing and Lemire writing horror Hulk books? This should be an amazing year for the Hulk.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    I love this version of the Leader so much. I can’t wait to see how Ewing is going with this story.

Am I the only one who hopes Ewing gets to launch a She-Hulk book? Someone needs to save Jen, and Ewing is one writer I trust to do this.
    is the Leader still obsessed with getting the Hulk's strength? what are his goals currently? Does he want his own country like Doom? I think it might be intriguing to actually make him a "real Leader" somewhere for once.. see how long it lasts.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    is the Leader still obsessed with getting the Hulk's strength? what are his goals currently? Does he want his own country like Doom? I think it might be intriguing to actually make him a "real Leader" somewhere for once.. see how long it lasts.

The Leader’s goal is to alter Hulk’s first life outcome that led to TOBA Hulk killing everything and everyone and becoming The Breaker of Worlds in the 9th Cosmos. With the 10 Billion years worth of knowledge that was sent to him, he has an opportunity to do something on a much larger scale than merely “ruling a country”.

Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

Posted by Joe Bennett on facebook (SMAASH!):

Quote Originally Posted by FrazettaHulk View Post
    The Leader’s goal is to alter Hulk’s first life outcome that led to TOBA Hulk killing everything and everyone and becoming The Breaker of Worlds in the 9th Cosmos. With the 10 Billion years worth of knowledge that was sent to him, he has an opportunity to do something on a much larger scale than merely “ruling a country”.
    with infinite future knowledge, I wonder if he's going to do something selfish. Probably.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    with infinite future knowledge, I wonder if he's going to do something selfish. Probably.
    I’d like to see the Leader elevated to a Marvel Universe level villain, like Doom, Osborn, and the Red Skull.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    IÂ’d like to see the Leader elevated to a Marvel Universe level villain, like Doom, Osborn, and the Red Skull.
    As cool as that would be, I honestly don’t want the leader to venture out of the hulk’s orbit too much. The hulk has so few rouges that are uniquely his, and Ross and the original version of the abomination are both dead. Even the Maestro was turned into a recurring foe for Spider-man 2099 and Old Man Logan. So many of Hulk’s enemies, like the missing link, madman, Mercy, Half-Life,etc have simply been forgotten over time.

Not every villain needs to a universal threat to be effective. I think the Leader just needs to fully fleshed out as a character. For as long as he’s been around, the leader is still a blank slate in many ways, since we only know the bare minimum about him.

Quote Originally Posted by HeavenlyDemonic View Post
    As cool as that would be, I honestly don’t want the leader to venture out of the hulk’s orbit too much. The hulk has so few rouges that are uniquely his, and Ross and the original version of the abomination are both dead. Even the Maestro was turned into a recurring foe for Spider-man 2099 and Old Man Logan. So many of Hulk’s enemies, like the missing link, madman, Mercy, Half-Life,etc have simply been forgotten over time.

Not every villain needs to a universal threat to be effective. I think the Leader just needs to fully fleshed out as a character. For as long as he’s been around, the leader is still a blank slate in many ways, since we only know the bare minimum about him.
    The Missing Link and Glob must appear in this run! Ewing and Bennet would create terrifying versions of those.

Quote Originally Posted by HeavenlyDemonic View Post
    I completely agree with this, it just feels like Hulk villains are just that: Hulk villains. With a character like the Leader, you have the potential to be so much more. Especially with the power upgrades the Hulk has had over the years.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Hulk View Post
    The Missing Link and Glob must appear in this run! Ewing and Bennet would create terrifying versions of those.
    I totally agree. Hulk has tons of classic monster villains from the 70’s who could definitely use a modern revamp from Al and Joe.

Agreed, congratulations to the smasher of all things. You've come a long way and have now found peace with your inner monster.
    Last edited by dunderpate; 01-22-2020 at 08:54 PM. Reason: Wrong tab

Spectacular Member

True. I see what you mean. Like how the leader was the focus of the “ gamma world” episode of Avengers Earth’s Mightiest Heroes. I could get behind that. And like I said, it would be an excuse to flesh him out as a character.

Incredible Member PlatinumThorns's Avatar

April 2020 solicitation

IMMORTAL HULK #34

AL EWING (W) • Butch Guice (A) • Cover by ALEX ROSS
    MARVEL ZOMBIES VARIANT COVER BY INHYUK LEE

• The Thoughtful Man is here — and his dreadful thoughts are vast and dark enough to swallow even the Devil.
    • Samuel Sterns walked through the Green Door and gained knowledge. Follow him through the journey of his life — from his rebirth to his final experiment.
    • Follow the LEADER.

32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

Now, that is a fantastic solicit!