Page 69 of 147 FirstFirst ... 195965666768697071727379119 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 2205
    Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Would like to see Lemire try his hand.

I don’t envy anyone trying to follow this run, though

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Hulk View Post
    Damn..I didn't know about that.

But it's interesting you talked about Bunn. Did you know He had a pitch for the book? A friend of mine, FrazettaHulk (He posts here sometimes), posted this on another forum:

Cullen Bunn
    Feb 18 at 1:20pm

Unlocked
    Who can see this post
    • Behind-the-Scenes and Writing Advice
    • Short Stories
    • The Comp Box
    What Might Have Been - The Incredible Hulk

One of my patrons messaged me asking if I had ever pitched a story for THE INCREDIBLE HULK and what that pitch might look like. As it happens, waaaaaaaaaay back in 2011, I was hired to take over the Hulk book from Jason Aaron. I planned out a couple of initial arcs. While there wasn't a formal "pitch" process, I did map out several issues of the book. This was all approved, but somewhere along the way, plans at Marvel changed. A similar story was planned for another book (although I don't know if that ever happened). And I was assigned to a different project. It's too bad, really. Looking over this now, I think it would have been a lot of fun.

So, while it is not spelled out in the outline, the general idea was that Hulk would be exiled to a ultra-max omega level prison in the depths of space. A place where the most dangerous villains of all were housed. Banner was to be set up as a kind of villainous force. He was going to be the "Hulk" that the Hulk feared.

I've actually used bits and pieces from this outline in other projects. I doubt I'll ever write a Hulk story these days, but this could have been a lot of fun! I've actually used bits and pieces from this outline in other projects.

Enjoy! *end of free part*

Theres a 5 page outline describing what his plan was if anyone is interested. Its like $5 tier for month to get it (among other things) on his Patreon. Jason Aaron’s run would have ended at issue 7. Cuz on outline Bunn’s first issue was 7.1. As someone who loathed most of Aaron’s run. Then Waid’s. This was a bit bittersweet cuz it would have been so much better than what they did. As for who his Patron that asked him the question, anyone wanna guess who that was?
    Banner being the “villain” while Hulk was the more heroic of the two was something from Aaron’s run iirc, and maybe Bunn would’ve actually done something with that. Damn I really would’ve liked to see this over Aaron and Waid for sure. I think I might pay to see the rest, very curious if he had any plans for any of Hulk’s Rogues in this. This looks to be before his work on Harrow County, Sinestro and Magneto though, so no clue if it would’ve been the horror-esque take I imagine a Hulk pitch from him now would be like.

Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    Would like to see Lemire try his hand.

I don’t envy anyone trying to follow this run, though
    It's gonna be very, very tough. I'd say it will be even harder the following PAD's run.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Banner being the “villain” while Hulk was the more heroic of the two was something from Aaron’s run iirc, and maybe Bunn would’ve actually done something with that. Damn I really would’ve liked to see this over Aaron and Waid for sure. I think I might pay to see the rest, very curious if he had any plans for any of Hulk’s Rogues in this. This looks to be before his work on Harrow County, Sinestro and Magneto though, so no clue if it would’ve been the horror-esque take I imagine a Hulk pitch from him now would be like.
    I'm tempted to do the same. LOL. And anything would've been better than Waid's run...

About villains, I'm like a broken record; I always talk about Galaxy Master and Dark Crawler. I still have hopes Ewing writes the later; it so fits the tone of the book, and Bennett would make a killer look for him.

Fantastic Member

I wanna see Joe Hill take a shot, even if it's just a mini.

Quote Originally Posted by Cth View Post
    Do you think he would be interested about writing a book like this?

Quote Originally Posted by Cth View Post
    Goddamn that would be amazing. Can’t see him doing a monthly ongoing, but maybe he’s open to doing work with the character on a mini, totally believe he’d be great. Same problem as Lemire though, with Hill so well established in outside media, I dunno if he’s got any interest in doing work on characters he doesn’t create or own. But damn I would love to see that.

The guy has a project called Baby Hulk (?) to be published by Marvel?

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Question is: should the next writer head down the same horror route?

You run the risk of either seeming like an extension/copy of everything Ewing has done but also making a sharp redirection to something more recognisable to fans...which could just as easily not go down very well.

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    Question is: should the next writer head down the same horror route?

You run the risk of either seeming like an extension/copy of everything Ewing has done but also making a sharp redirection to something more recognisable to fans...which could just as easily not go down very well.
    It depends on how Ewing finishes his run. Will we have a new "status quo"? I think He'll leave many doors open for anyone who comes next. In the end, one of his mains goals, if not the main one, was to expand the mythology much like PAD did with his run.

Spectacular Member

Talking abour Waid, his run started okay. Then the sub-par Agent of Time. Then all went to hell.
    I would like Jeff Parker though.

About the Professor using Banner's body like Fixit, that could be interesting. Professor was, as Jenkins put it, sort of Bruce's ideal self, and he's also probably the incarnation that's 'friendliest' to Banner (also used in Jenkins) as opposed to calling him "puny" etc.

Gotta wonder how PAD would feel about his two signature Hulks pretty much getting that treatment, but this is the same guy who created Savage Banner so I'm sure he won't mind.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

I hope we'll see this incarnation in this run.

Ultimate Member

Something that just occurred to me.

Jackie was at Ground Zero of the Hulk bomb. Jackie, who harbors a desire to be something like the Hulk.

Who else is worried how that's gonna turn out?

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Something that just occurred to me.

Jackie was at Ground Zero of the Hulk bomb. Jackie, who harbors a desire to be something like the Hulk.

Who else is worried how that's gonna turn out?
    I still think there isn't much more than what she meant at the time. Didn't Creel absorbed all the remaining radiation of the ground zero, so that the green door could be opened?
    Also, all the members of the gamma flight were there; maybe I'm not remembering well.

But supposing there was still a good amount of ambient gamma radiation, we should be worried about all the rest of the crew, because they could be manipulated by the Leader.

One of the things I do want to see is when Sasquatch comes back. I guess the Leader/TOBA might make him even more vicious than before. A very dangerous asset.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Hulk View Post
    I still think there isn't much more than what she meant at the time. Didn't Creel absorbed all the remaining radiation of the ground zero, so that the green door could be opened?
    Also, all the members of the gamma flight were there; maybe I'm not remembering well.

But supposing there was still a good amount of ambient gamma radiation, we should be worried about all the rest of the crew, because they could be manipulated by the Leader.

One of the things I do want to see is when Sasquatch comes back. I guess the Leader/TOBA might make him even more vicious than before. A very dangerous asset.
    I don't mean Ground Zero, then.

I mean the Ground Zero that The Leader just created, using the Hulk