Page 71 of 147 FirstFirst ... 216167686970717273747581121 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,065 of 2205
    Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

Another commission (I love this one):

One thing I wonder if we'll get with a Human Prof/merged if he'll be like Banner in most of the live-action adaptations, where's he seems more self-assured and heroic (Granted, sometimes comic Banner can be written like this too), possibly due to the Hulk being largely mute in these adaptations. Bixby, Norton, and Rufallo, for example. Bana I think is the only one who really captured Banner's repression/awkwardness, although unfortunately the rest of the movie kind of stunk.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Fantastic Member

I saw someone mention this on another board...

When Rick/Abomination was revived, we saw two heads. At the time, we presumed it was Emil and Rick but as we saw Emil wasn't really present at all. Come to think of it, the body was "dead" and brought back supposedly by Hulk's blood which doesn't really make sense.

It'd be interesting if that was a hint at Leader coming back via Rick at that point since the blood thing shouldn't have worked and Leader was in control of the Green Door at that point.

Incredible Member PlatinumThorns's Avatar

October 2020 Solicitations

IMMORTAL HULK #38
    AL EWING (W) • JOE BENNETT (A) • Cover by ALEX ROSS
    SPOILER VARIANT COVER BY JOE BENNETT
    He’s been chained. He’s been suppressed. He doesn’t even know if he’s real.
    But something is reaching through the Green Door. It wants to hurt Bruce Banner. And when you hurt Banner...
    ...the DEVIL HULK takes it personally.
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

IMMORTAL HULK #39
    Some time ago, an outside force entered Bruce Banner’s system.
    The Devil says it’s the Green Scar. The Green Scar says it’s the Devil. Maybe they’re both right...or both wrong...
    ...but only one of them can be the IMMORTAL
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

Some massive things are gonna happen and I don't think anyone is prepared.

BANNED

DAMN....

That cover might be one of the best covers Alex Ross has ever done, it even has Professor Hulk and Maestro and a referenced to the characters from Crossroads(wonder how that ties in to the issue) also Green Scar vs Devil Hulk, whose pumped?

Looks like my theory about the Triad from Mantlo's era showing up at one point might've been right.

Plus more hints about the Professor's return of course. Although he's definitely in Hulk form here (although Joe is still in his human form). Maybe the guy with the Tie and without glasses in the sketch a few pages back is actually Joe, just without the jacket and hat (Or the Hawaiann shirt/stache/sunglasses he often wears as well)?

Also Ross nails the "Superman" look the Merged often had (Gary Frank seemed to draw him a lot like that) and his Savage is very Buscemaesque.
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 07-23-2020 at 08:54 AM.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

BANNED

I think that Hulk at the bottom might be Mindless, not Savage. Interesting to see Maestro appear. Professor Hulk looks very Superman-like and yea that's definitely Joe next to him.

I wonder what kind of role the Crossroads characters will play if any, although i guess this is probably how the U-foes get introduced back or something? Since they played a major role in the Crossroads storyline.

I don't remember being excited about a particular issue (even during Ewing's run) in a long time! Ewing is truly writing an epic for ages.

And this #39 cover is one of the best I've ever seen!

MAESTRO #3 (Of 5)

PETER DAVID (W) • GERMÁN PERALTA & DALE KEOWN (A) • Cover by DALE KEOWN
    VARIANT COVER BY TBA

WHO KILLED THE WORLD?

The Hulk meets the Maestro—and it’s not who you expect it to be. And when a band of rebels tries to recruit the Hulk to fight beside them, his answer sends shock waves through Dystopia. This world will never be the same…and neither will the Hulk.

32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

Quote Originally Posted by PlatinumThorns View Post
    October 2020 Solicitations

IMMORTAL HULK #38
    He’s been chained. He’s been suppressed. He doesn’t even know if he’s real.
    But something is reaching through the Green Door. It wants to hurt Bruce Banner. And when you hurt Banner...
    ...the DEVIL HULK takes it personally.
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

IMMORTAL HULK #39
    Some time ago, an outside force entered Bruce Banner’s system.
    The Devil says it’s the Green Scar. The Green Scar says it’s the Devil. Maybe they’re both right...or both wrong...
    ...but only one of them can be the IMMORTAL
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

Some massive things are gonna happen and I don't think anyone is prepared.
    Some really bad things. I don't think Banner/Hulk will have time to breathe once the things start happening!

Quote Originally Posted by Intothevoid View Post
    DAMN....

That cover might be one of the best covers Alex Ross has ever done, it even has Professor Hulk and Maestro and a referenced to the characters from Crossroads(wonder how that ties in to the issue) also Green Scar vs Devil Hulk, whose pumped?
    It could very well be the best. Green Scar vs Devil already sells the issue to me, even though, knowing Ewing, we could expect even bigger things.

Another cool homage!

God damn that mental landscape Ross cover is amazing. Looks like it’s all coming to ahead soon. Will Ewing go with the obvious reveal of Green Scar being corrupted by OBA, or is there more than there seems to be in play? Kinda hope Green Scar isn’t evil, Planet Hulk was one of my first and favorite Hulk stories and I’ll always have a soft spot for that incarnation. Can’t wait to read though!

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    God damn that mental landscape Ross cover is amazing. Looks like it’s all coming to ahead soon. Will Ewing go with the obvious reveal of Green Scar being corrupted by OBA, or is there more than there seems to be in play? Kinda hope Green Scar isn’t evil, Planet Hulk was one of my first and favorite Hulk stories and I’ll always have a soft spot for that incarnation. Can’t wait to read though!
    It's incredible.

I think that, as always, Ewing will blow our minds. Expect the unexpected.

THE IMORTAL HULK COMMISSION -COVER RECREATION # 107-MARIE SEVERIN HOMAGE