Page 82 of 147 FirstFirst ... 327278798081828384858692132 ... LastLast
Results 1,216 to 1,230 of 2205

Is Maestro a mini or a one-shot?
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Ironically, I'd actually say that his depiction wasn't gratuitous. Maestro represented all seven sins, of which lust is one, and it was never treated as anything other than Maestro being a monster

that also led to a powerful scene exploring female on male rape, as Maestro assigned one of his slaves to attend to the Paralyzed Hulk which had consequences as Bruce described how bad it was to Samson right after he gets back from the future imperfect. it was a big deal that a overly masculine big green Hulk(in his professor persona) facing something like that and how it deeply it effected him. unfortunately I have toxic friends from high school when i shown them that scene, they joked, "atleast the slave girl was hot, he should have just enjoy it" of course these are the same people that only like the Hulk as a destructive force of nature screaming Smash and being big green and muscular and wont even care for the psychological aspects of the character with a history of abuse. I guess my high school friends represents toxic masculinity that I keep hearing about as they also complain about comics getting too political and addressing social issues. sorry i wont get there, I just glad as i started reading more into comics like Hulk, x-men and spider-man, it got me to think and grow past my high school mentality.

I believe i'm pretty much almost have all of the PAD 12 year run, of Hulk. i like that Keown is drawing Hulk again especially Professor athough i honestly like Dale and Gary Frank art more back in the 90s more than their more evolved art today. you can tell the difference of Gary's art by the way he draw teeth from the 90s to today,

Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Is Maestro a mini or a one-shot?
    It's a 5 part mini, The Cape.

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    that also led to a powerful scene exploring female on male rape, as Maestro assigned one of his slaves to attend to the Paralyzed Hulk which had consequences as Bruce described how bad it was to Samson right after he gets back from the future imperfect. it was a big deal that a overly masculine big green Hulk(in his professor persona) facing something like that and how it deeply it effected him. unfortunately I have toxic friends from high school when i shown them that scene, they joked, "atleast the slave girl was hot, he should have just enjoy it" of course these are the same people that only like the Hulk as a destructive force of nature screaming Smash and being big green and muscular and wont even care for the psychological aspects of the character with a history of abuse. I guess my high school friends represents toxic masculinity that I keep hearing about as they also complain about comics getting too political and addressing social issues. sorry i wont get there, I just glad as i started reading more into comics like Hulk, x-men and spider-man, it got me to think and grow past my high school mentality.

I believe i'm pretty much almost have all of the PAD 12 year run, of Hulk. i like that Keown is drawing Hulk again especially Professor athough i honestly like Dale and Gary Frank art more back in the 90s more than their more evolved art today. you can tell the difference of Gary's art by the way he draw teeth from the 90s to today,
    It was very disturbing, one of the most, considering the other cases of female to male rape.

And about the comments, it's kind of expected, unfortunately. In real cases, many who suffered with a situation like that won't tell for fear of being ridiculed.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Hulk View Post
    It's a 5 part mini, The Cape.

It was very disturbing, one of the most, considering the other cases of female to male rape.

And about the comments, it's kind of expected, unfortunately. In real cases, many who suffered with a situation like that won't tell for fear of being ridiculed.
    Thanks, Future Imperfect is the only part of PAD run that i had read so i'm interested in seeing his take now. Also didn't PAD wrote another Hulk story recently, i think than that was a one shot.

As for the second thing, it doesn't help that many times comics don't treat males being raped by a woman seriously, they are sadly too many cases.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Yeah "Last Call". Although that's one that's pretty easy to fit into continuity (It deals with Bruce's issues after the death of Betty at the end of PAD's run).
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

I think Maestro might be one of the best PAD stories yet. Last Call, though, wasn't exactly good.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Thanks, Future Imperfect is the only part of PAD run that i had read so i'm interested in seeing his take now. Also didn't PAD wrote another Hulk story recently, i think than that was a one shot.

As for the second thing, it doesn't help that many times comics don't treat males being raped by a woman seriously, they are sadly too many cases.
    Kirkman did a more graphic scene of that happening to Invincibles 110

You can't find a better discussion about Immortal Hulk than in this site.

Hulk Saddest There Is! What Plans Come to Fruition in Immortal Hulk #36?

https://www.xavierfiles.com/2020/08/...ortal-hulk-36/

Fantastic Member

Is this Maestro series canon or is it set in a future AU?

Quote Originally Posted by jebsib View Post
    Is this Maestro series canon or is it set in a future AU?
    It’s a separate thing.

Yeah, the Maestro is a very possible future for the Hulk. That's probably PAD's vision on how things would go.

Fantastic Member

Actually, I think a bit different. It will depend on when AIM took him (somehow) and put him under this VR simulation. I believe the whole Betty and kids never happened.
    That's what I think is happening too.

https://comicbook.com/comics/news/ma...iew-exclusive/

Especially the 404/etc stuff.. seems like a direct lead in to the above preview.

Question is, who captured him and how long has he been captured? more to the point -- why?

Ultimate Member

Yeah, the Maestro is a very possible future for the Hulk. That's probably PAD's vision on how things would go.
    Yeah. I loved that. PAD didn't have to rewrite the rules of time travel to give a sense of foreboding.

"Persecution. Betrayal. Hatred. These things don't change."

Listening to that Off-Panel podcast interview with Ewing IH posted a while back, and he says that he sees Tony Stark as Bruce Banner’s natural opposite one the hero community so he likes to see the two clash. At first I was baffled and not at all sure what Ewing was getting at it, but after a while I think I get what he means.

Tony and Bruce both got their careers started by making weapons, Tony for his own company, Bruce for the Army. They were both radically changed when their weapons suddenly directly impacted themselves (Bruce getting blown up by his own bomb, Tony getting kidnapped to make weapons for terrorists). However Tony changed for the better while Bruce changed for the worst. Tony realized what an utter ass he was, got out of the weapons business, and became an internationally beloved superhero who still gets to reap the benefits of his wealth and good looks. Bruce meanwhile turned into a monster that exemplified all his worst traits, ruined his relationships with most of his Pre-Hulk life, and became an internationally feared monster that forced him to go on the run.

Bruce and Tony were both founding Avengers but where Tony became one of the “Big 3” at the heart of the Avengers, Bruce left the team almost immediately, and has always been the guy on the outskirts of the team.

So yeah there’s definitely some interesting comparisons and contrasts to make between the two.

Quote Originally Posted by Cth View Post
    That's what I think is happening too.

https://comicbook.com/comics/news/ma...iew-exclusive/

Especially the 404/etc stuff.. seems like a direct lead in to the above preview.

Question is, who captured him and how long has he been captured? more to the point -- why?
    "Something is wrong. Something has compromised the simulacrum."

A.I.M may have seized the opportunity to capture him while He was in an weakened, vulnerable state, for example.

Well, there are many reasons: who wouldn't want to learn the secrets of the Hulk's biology? Maybe the most perfect bio-weapon of all, a being who can adapt himself basically to every situation?

Virtually limitless physical power and as shown in the preview: "a one-man team" and "one of the strongest beings in the universe". Who wouldn't to harness that power?

Or maybe they just wanted to remove the biggest threat around to their plans of domination.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Listening to that Off-Panel podcast interview with Ewing IH posted a while back, and he says that he sees Tony Stark as Bruce Banner’s natural opposite one the hero community so he likes to see the two clash. At first I was baffled and not at all sure what Ewing was getting at it, but after a while I think I get what he means.

Tony and Bruce both got their careers started by making weapons, Tony for his own company, Bruce for the Army. They were both radically changed when their weapons suddenly directly impacted themselves (Bruce getting blown up by his own bomb, Tony getting kidnapped to make weapons for terrorists). However Tony changed for the better while Bruce changed for the worst. Tony realized what an utter ass he was, got out of the weapons business, and became an internationally beloved superhero who still gets to reap the benefits of his wealth and good looks. Bruce meanwhile turned into a monster that exemplified all his worst traits, ruined his relationships with most of his Pre-Hulk life, and became an internationally feared monster that forced him to go on the run.

Bruce and Tony were both founding Avengers but where Tony became one of the “Big 3” at the heart of the Avengers, Bruce left the team almost immediately, and has always been the guy on the outskirts of the team.

So yeah there’s definitely some interesting comparisons and contrasts to make between the two.
    Impressive how Ewing always has so many interesting ideas!