Page 84 of 147 FirstFirst ... 347480818283848586878894134 ... LastLast
Results 1,246 to 1,260 of 2205

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    I'm unsure about the Avengers game. Reactions to the Beta seemed a bit mixed.

Has there ever really been a decent Avengers game? The old arcade game from the 90's was a bit of fun, but I'm not sure about others.
    Ultimate Alliance was pretty fun for me as a kid. Still would prefer a solo Hulk game though. For the Avengers game, I’m not feeling it. GAAS usually take at least a year of post launch content before they become worth it. I’ll wait.

Ultimate Alliance and Hulk: Ultimate Destruction were amazing games.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Hulk View Post
    You could, no doubt. But I would recommend the issues from Byrne's very short run, which were followed by Al Migrom (He had to take over after Byrne's departure). It's short too, and they explain why the Grey/Original Hulk is back. The stories are not bad. PAD takes over the title after them.
    Thanks, now i know where to star.

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

Yeah about UA and Hulk:UD. An Ultimate Destruction for PS4 would be a beautiful thing...The possibilities are way bigger than Marvel: Spider-Man, imo.

Yeah about UA and Hulk:UD. An Ultimate Destruction for PS4 would be a beautiful thing...The possibilities are way bigger than Marvel: Spider-Man, imo.
    They’ve already got the perfect base for a great Hulk game, baffles me that they chose not to do anything with it. Gotta admit though I’m pretty depressed at how strong the inevitable MCU influence will no doubt be on non-comic depictions of Hulk going forward. I wish Marvel had a better animation department so we could get something like the animated movies DC makes. I loved the Planet Hulk movie from way back when, would love to get an animated adaption of Ewing’s run.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    They’ve already got the perfect base for a great Hulk game, baffles me that they chose not to do anything with it. Gotta admit though I’m pretty depressed at how strong the inevitable MCU influence will no doubt be on non-comic depictions of Hulk going forward. I wish Marvel had a better animation department so we could get something like the animated movies DC makes. I loved the Planet Hulk movie from way back when, would love to get an animated adaption of Ewing’s run.
    Yeah...They're only interested in doing kiddy stuff. Better not to mention the "awesome" Agents of SMASH. :/

iMan 42s

Ultimate Alliance was pretty fun for me as a kid. Still would prefer a solo Hulk game though. For the Avengers game, I’m not feeling it. GAAS usually take at least a year of post launch content before they become worth it. I’ll wait.
    Incredible Hulk got a movie tie-in that while not as good as Ultimate is pretty solid for what it is. TBH in hindsight the Iron man and Hulk games from back then are great for what they are and showed a lot of promise. Real shame anybody not named Spider-man had to settle for ensembles or a VR title (Iron man deserved better).

To me a Hulk game would have dynamics between Bruce and Hulk with Bruce doing "stealth" segments and a majority of things like dialogue trees. Bruce could also serve as the games crafter where if Hulk needs a gadget or upgrade it's done through Bruce and the raw material is collected by Hulk. So Hulk collects the tools and items with Bruce to craft it. It can also serve as a way of creating safehouses for the player.

Another thing is that I don't feel the player should start with green Hulk, they start gray and fairly low-power. So as the player interacts with NPC and the story as well as building out Hulk, the Hulk then visibly changes to reflect the player's decision. Meaning that Hulk might start fairly dim-witted and strong, but could potentially turn into Joe, Proffessor, Savage, or even Devil which opens up different dialogue options and story progressions and potentially alternate ways of reaching as well as completing missions. Like instead of walking into a bar and Savage beating up everyone, Joe walks in and opens up some side quests and or can use the bar as a safehouse. Alternate costumes of course would still be present but the player's Hulk(s) could be set as "load-outs" so you could use the right Hulk for the right job.

One thing in an open world is have the open world affect Bruce. So if the player is using a gray Hulk the minute night rolls around and they forcibly transform until they can get an upgrade or stave off the transformation. OR if the player is using Savage, someone bumping into Bruce or thugs giving him a hard time might force a transformation forcing the player to change tactics from stealth to combat. So in games while Hulk has a rage meter, Bruce has his until he can't keep Hulk back. One thing I'd be interested is Bruce being affected by Hulk's destruction. So if the player knocks over a building they'd potentially lose a resource or that building blocks Bruce's path. So the player has to be mindful of what they destroy as much as they want to break stuff.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Fantastic Member

RE: Avengers Beta

It's been a lot of fun. One problem is that they throw a BILLION things at you without really explaining them. As such a lot of people complain about Hulk.

Keeping in mind, they're only showing 1/3 of Hulks abilities, and he is very low level. Once you figure out the mechanics of the game, he's overpowered and is just a force of nature. The problem is many are just button mashing. When you utilize the rage meter, he shrugs off attacks, heals, gets more powerful, etc. Chaining attacks together and smashing everything in sight is fun.. but again, he's low level so it's weird to see him not annihilate everyone in one punch.

That being said, Hulk Ultimate Destruction is the epitome of Hulk games and I wish they'd do a next gen update.

To me a Hulk game would have dynamics between Bruce and Hulk with Bruce doing "stealth" segments and a majority of things like dialogue trees
    I could swear that they went for this dynamic in that Hulk game that was based in the 2003 movie.

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    I could swear that they went for this dynamic in that Hulk game that was based in the 2003 movie.
    I think I remember stealth levels from that game as well.

Spectacular Member Hulkbanner12's Avatar

This is so cool I had to post it here:

That got to be one below all, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think I remember stealth levels from that game as well.
    And i think that they were as well recieved as the stealh sequences with MJ in Spider-Man (PS4). But i do think that the idea has some merit to aply with Bruce, considering that he had to spend a good amount of time evading the army and laying before things turned green.

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

They did! Damn now you’re digging up old memories. I don’t think that game was very good lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulkbanner12 View Post
    That got to be one below all, right?
    I took it as another version of those iconic “transformation” covers that Joe Bennet did.

They did! Damn now you’re digging up old memories. I don’t think that game was very good lol.

I took it as another version of those iconic “transformation” covers that Joe Bennet did.
    Couldn't have been worse than the PS1 game, now that one is an awfull one lol.

Speaking of body horror, i just followed Immortal's advice and read Incredible Hulk 314-324, it was fun. And i can see that Bennet took some inspiration for 324 with Banner's face sticking out of Hulk's body, it was gruesome, but definetly not to the level of this image. Also, man i knew that Ross went over the edge, but the dude really lost himself on the hunt.

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Couldn't have been worse than the PS1 game, now that one is an awfull one lol.

Speaking of body horror, i just followed Immortal's advice and read Incredible Hulk 314-324, it was fun. And i can see that Bennet took some inspiration for 324 with Banner's face sticking out of Hulk's body, it was gruesome, but definetly not to the level of this image. Also, man i knew that Ross went over the edge, but the dude really lost himself on the hunt.
    Glad you liked it, man!