Page 86 of 147 FirstFirst ... 367682838485868788899096136 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,290 of 2205

Kind of funny that this issue kind of brings to mind the Avengers beta, which features these two villains.

Also kind of interesting how sort of inconsistent Abomination's characterization has been over the years (although he was possessed by Tyrannus for a while). Peter David sort of had him be this kind of tough but noble "Beauty and the Beast" character, although most versions of the character after that but prior to his death (Which still hasn't been completely undone-we've had him temporarily ressurected, as a sort of zombie and of course as part of Rick/Fortean's version but never a full Resurrection) sort of made him somewhat more sadistic. He comes off kind of wimpy here.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Abomination’s “problem” is that the comic version of Blonsky is not very great. He’s similar to Iron Man’s Rogues in that he was a product of the Cold War, a “Soviet Hulk” who kept his intelligence but couldn’t switch back to human form. There’s not much thematic connection between Banner and Blonsky despite Abomination being one of Hulk’s most well known foes. Hate to keep beating my drum about this, but the best version of Abomination to me is still Ultimate Destruction Abomination. He’s got a really great connection and contrast with Banner in that game that I think would be perfect for the comics. Banner discovered gamma and sought to weaponize it. Blonsky however wanted to use gamma to heal, to cure his wife of her degenerative disease. Banner is able to conquer his inner Devil while Blonsky succumbs to it. Blonsky is a ruthless SOB in that game, yet he’s also still sympathetic just like Banner is.

I’m still hoping that Ewing will use Blonsky in some way, but unfortunately I don’t know if that’s possible given he plans on leaving with issue 50. Ah well, I’m still happy that Leader seems to be getting his best showing in pretty much ever, he’s needed it for a while.

BANNED

Just so people are aware, this was a commission, not an actual preview of whats to come.

BANNED

Incredible Hulk - Banner's Song

By: Paul Pelletier

Fantastic Member

From Immortal 35 - Is the Mind-scape prison the same Banner Robot from Pak and Stan Lee's run?

img_1543.jpg

4282407-08-31-09 01 17.jpg

hulk-boo-018.jpg

PS - how do you make attachments bigger?!?

BANNED

20200826_165841.jpg

Red Eyes, red moon, red clouds...RED DOOR?
    Or am I reaching?
    Last edited by TCHRISJ; 08-26-2020 at 02:16 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TCHRISJ View Post
    20200826_165841.jpg

Or am I reaching?
    Probably a coincidence, variant covers are usually fairly random and many times feature random characters that don't even appear in the comic.

However whatever the red door is, is definitely intriguing.

Quote Originally Posted by jebsib View Post
    From Immortal 35 - Is the Mind-scape prison the same Banner Robot from Pak and Stan Lee's run?

img_1543.jpg

4282407-08-31-09 01 17.jpg

hulk-boo-018.jpg

PS - how do you make attachments bigger?!?
    Probably not literally the same Robot, might just be an Easter Egg.
    Quote Originally Posted by TCHRISJ View Post
    20200826_165841.jpg

Or am I reaching?
    Think She-Hulk will be coming back via the Green Door so I don’t think the Red Door will feature in her resurrection.

"My sister's idiot child"^

Quote Originally Posted by GreenScar1990 View Post
    Incredible Hulk - Banner's Song

By: Paul Pelletier

Paul was pretty much Pak's main artist if I remember correctly?

Kind of like the nods to the Merged/Professor era which gave Betty a different look with shorter, lighter hair, as well as Rick/Marlo and the Pantheon. Also the Hulk's "Superman" face.
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 08-28-2020 at 07:16 AM.

Mighty Member McFarlane's Green Hulk's Avatar

Incredible Hulk #289
    “A.I.M. for the Top!”

Cover Date: November 1983
    Sale Date: August 9th, 1983
    Writer: Bill Mantlo
    Artist: Sal Buscema
    Inker: Joe Sinnott
    Letterer: Joe Rosen
    Colorist: Bob Sharen
    Editor: Carl Potts

Guest Stars/Supporting Cast: Recordasphere, Kate Waynesboro, General Ross, Betty Ross, MODOK
    Villain: The Abomination

Synopsis: Blue-clad A.I.M. soldiers are attacking the cliffside fortress of MODOK and his faction, but it turns out to be a ruse. He flees, determined to return with the Abomination in tow. Outside Northwind Observatory, the Abomination is unable to fight back tears as he prepares to break in. In the main lab, Bruce Banner slumbers atop his telescope, while Kate and the Recordasphere verbally spar about the scientist, and the `Sphere reveals its love for its creator. The Abomination crashes thru the wall, and `Sphere gets in a few shots before it’s destroyed. Kate reveals her status as a SHIELD agent as she zaps the villain with an ion disruptor ray. A dejected Banner transforms into the Hulk and the Abomination begins to cower in fear at the sight of him. A mental reminder of the torture MODOK has given him gives him the rush he needs and the two do battle. At first, the Abomination has the advantage, as Banner’s mind isn’t really into the fight. After overhearing Kate radio for backup, the pendulum turns and Banner begins to viciously thrash his enemy into a tearful submission. Horrified, Banner begins to doubt his control over the Hulk, thinking that maybe SHIELD was right to post a guard over him. Kate and Banner have a discussion, and a battered Abomination decides that it’s better to return to MODOK with a prisoner rather than empty-handed. He kidnaps Kate and leaps away, and Banner scrambles to find a way to track them. As he finishes his work, Betty and General Ross arrive, shocked to find the Hulk still alive. An enraged Ross lets it slip that he had assisted MODOK in freeing the Abomination. Betty, disgusted by her father’s actions, cautiously asks Bruce if he has feelings for Kate. Banner hesitates and kind of dodges the answer by stating “right now she’s just a human being in the hands of a fiend.” A tearful Betty realizes that has pushed him away and then turns to her father and gives him a verbal beating on his recent actions, her love for Banner and walks out of the General’s life…
    Commentary: Good issue, and while I’m sure there was outrage (remember, pre-internet days, and Marvel sure didn’t reprint every letter they had!) on the Abomination’s cowardice, it gave him more of a well-rounded personality. He’d been fighting the Hulk for years, and getting thrashed 99.9% of the time. Had to be a breaking point. Also, that panel of the Hulk getting walloped – forever ingrained in my head of the Marvel Comics Video Library Hulk cassette. Some shake ups; editor Al Milgrom is off the book and replaced briefly by Carl Potts and then Ann Nocenti. Sal will get a rotation of new inkers in the next few issues also.

Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

Two weeks until Immortal Hulk #37...

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Hulk View Post
    Two weeks until Immortal Hulk #37...
    what is supposed to happen?

Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    what is supposed to happen?
    Well, We'll finally have another issue out. That's enough.

Also, we'll see "The First" in action.