Page 87 of 147 FirstFirst ... 377783848586878889909197137 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,305 of 2205
    Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

3 Reasons Why ‘Immortal Hulk’ is an ongoing classic

One of the most thought-provoking comics on shelves today.

https://aiptcomics.com/2020/09/01/3-...going-classic/

I bought volume 7 today.

So Jason Aaron's Bannerless Hulk was supposed to be the Green Scar persona, right? Also I think it was the last time "Incredible" was used in the title, since Mark Waid's title was "Indestructible", then the following run (Mainly featuring Doc Green) was adjectiveless, then we had both Jen's adjectivelss Hulk and Cho's Totally Awesome before Immortal.

Wonder if the next volume will restore the "Incredible"? Or maybe it's just one of those titles that'll only show up once and a while now; like "Uncanny X-men".
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    So Jason Aaron's Bannerless Hulk was supposed to be the Green Scar persona, right? Also I think it was the last time "Incredible" was used in the title, since Mark Waid's title was "Indestructible", then the following run (Mainly featuring Doc Green) was adjectiveless, then we had both Jen's adjectivelss Hulk and Cho's Totally Awesome before Immortal.

Wonder if the next volume will restore the "Incredible"? Or maybe it's just one of those titles that'll only show up once and a while now; like "Uncanny X-men".
    Yes, the hulk in Jason Aaron’s run was the green scar personality. The hulk will go back to being “incredible” at some point. It’s his most popular moniker.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post

Eh not really, i think Jason just used the regular Gravage persona, i am not sure he is even properly aware of the Green Scar one. Especially considering he contradicted the Green Scar persona entirely as soon as his run started and undid everything Pak did with his run and the conclusion.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Intothevoid View Post
    Eh not really, i think Jason just used the regular Gravage persona, i am not sure he is even properly aware of the Green Scar one. Especially considering he contradicted the Green Scar persona entirely as soon as his run started and undid everything Pak did with his run and the conclusion.

Gravage is Green Scar. While the name “Gravage” is an unofficial description used only by us Hulk message boarders. Greg Pak didnt invent a new persona to use in his Planet Hulk story. He used the one Peter David last used when he exited with 87. Actually think the case coulda been made with Tempest Fugit back story, that that Gravage persona just be simply called “Hulk”. But with Ewing going with him as Green Scar now in the mindscape, that wont be necessary. But in the future if someone writes a more simplified take on it, it could be valid.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by FrazettaHulk View Post
    Gravage is Green Scar. While the name “Gravage” is an unofficial description used only by us Hulk message boarders. Greg Pak didnt invent a new persona to use in his Planet Hulk story. He used the one Peter David last used when he exited with 87. Actually think the case coulda been made with Tempest Fugit back story, that that Gravage persona just be simply called “Hulk”. But with Ewing going with him as Green Scar now in the mindscape, that wont be necessary. But in the future if someone writes a more simplified take on it, it could be valid.
    Not really, Gravage has existed long before Green Scar was a thing. I think Green Scar is something that came with Pak specifically. And yes i know "Gravage" is unofficial but it's meant to explain all the times in the past where Hulk has talked normally but wasn't meant to be a persona like Merged/Professor Hulk or Joe Fixit obviously, he looked like Savage Hulk but talked like a normal person and not a child. Peter David run also isn't clear on this and that's the problem, PAD wrote a Hulk that looked like Savage but talked normally but never established what this persona is or if it's really a new persona and not just a smarter Savage Hulk, after PAD it was Daniel Way who wrote a few issues before Pak took over. Pak is the only one to actually make a distinction between these 2 personas, particular the first time Skaar fought Hulk, he encountered Savage Hulk which confused Skaar because he did not expect this "clown" to be his father and in that fight we only saw Green Scar for a fraction when he remembered Caiera. And now with Ewing the distinction is even more clear.

So i personally tend to think of Green Scar to specifically be something relating to Paks work, since he is the only one that made a proper distinction on that persona, now followed by Ewing who also specifically refers to Green Scar as the persona of Paks creation and mentions it always in relation to Planet Hulk/WWH and not any other event or comic.
    Last edited by Intothevoid; 09-05-2020 at 01:27 AM.

Spectacular Member

Not really, Gravage has existed long before Green Scar was a thing. I think Green Scar is something that came with Pak specifically. And yes i know "Gravage" is unofficial but it's meant to explain all the times in the past where Hulk has talked normally but wasn't meant to be a persona like Merged/Professor Hulk or Joe Fixit obviously, he looked like Savage Hulk but talked like a normal person and not a child. Peter David run also isn't clear on this and that's the problem, PAD wrote a Hulk that looked like Savage but talked normally but never established what this persona is or if it's really a new persona and not just a smarter Savage Hulk, after PAD it was Daniel Way who wrote a few issues before Pak took over. Pak is the only one to actually make a distinction between these 2 personas, particular the first time Skaar fought Hulk, he encountered Savage Hulk which confused Skaar because he did not expect this "clown" to be his father and in that fight we only saw Green Scar for a fraction when he remembered Caiera. And now with Ewing the distinction is even more clear.

So i personally tend to think of Green Scar to specifically be something relating to Paks work, since he is the only one that made a proper distinction on that persona, now followed by Ewing who also specifically refers to Green Scar as the persona of Paks creation and mentions it always in relation to Planet Hulk/WWH and not any other event or comic.
    The Gravage Hulk persona dates way back to Stan Lee’s Incredible Hulk issue 4. Al Milgrom then brought him back in issues 323 and 324. That persona started out as green tho and then was shoe horned and changed into Gray Hulk. But reading issue 1 and the Gray Hulk that appears in Tempest Fugit, its obvious that the truly original Gray Hulk was not the Gravage/Joe Fixit persona. They sound vastly different from each other.

Peter David actually does write a pretty simplified version of Hulk, as I think we’ll see more of that on his Maestro series. But in the first 2 yrs or so he wrote the Hulk, it was even simpler. He wrote the Gray Hulk as having been the Savage Hulk for all those years and that he’d gotten smarter. Then PAD shifts his thinking/writing to Gray Hulk referring to Savage Hulk as “him” and hates being compared to Savage Hulk. Until we see their confrontation in 371-377.

Being a fan of Michael Myers’ Halloween franchise I know you have to be aware there are 3 separate continuities for that Michael Myers. Films 1,2,4,5,6 are the first ones. Then 1,2,7,8 are another. And now have films 1, 2018 and the rest of upcoming versions in their own continuity. So in that vein...

Peter David wrote- 2 core Hulk personas. Savage and Hulk/Gray Hulk/Gravage Hulk. Joe Fixit was a role/job the Gray Hulk took on. Not who he was in hiscore. PAD’s Merged Hulk is combo of those 2 core Hulks AND Bruce Banner. We’ll get definitive answer to what his Maestro truly is. For now, I view him a corrupted to evil Merged Hulk.

Paul Jenkins wrote-Savage Hulk, Gray Hulk IS Joe Fixit, Merged Hulk was a separate persona unto his own and not a true integration, as well as the numerous Hulks he brought into the mythos. The 2 most notable being Guilt Hulk and Devil Hulk.

Greg Pak wrote- Gravage Hulk and Savage Hulk for his Bruce Banner Hulks.

Mark Waid wrote-A MESS!!! But credits mess to Chronarchists messing with timeline affecting Hulks personas. Eventually he gets a brain-damaged Savage Hulk to become a brilliant Hulk thru extremis use.

Gerry Duggan wrote-that brilliant Hulk taking on moniker of Doc Green. While hinting that a darker persona was influencing his choices. That darker persona being The Maestro. So would assume he views Maestro as his own separate self.

Al Ewing writes heavily from the Jenkins way of thinking-Devil Hulk, Savage Hulk, Green Scar are the 3 Hulk forms. Bruce and Joe and (from BennettÂ’s art preview speculation) The Professor are the 3 Banner forms. Adding into the mix that TOBA/Brian Banner can corrupt the soul. That Xemnu can erase and create Hulk/Bruce identities. And that Leader can operate on multiple planes of existence simultaneously and has some/all control over Green Scar (speculation).
    Last edited by FrazettaHulk; 09-05-2020 at 04:58 AM.

BANNED

The Gravage Hulk persona dates way back to Stan Lee’s Incredible Hulk issue 4. Al Milgrom then brought him back in issues 323 and 324. That persona started out as green tho and then was shoe horned and changed into Gray Hulk. But reading issue 1 and the Gray Hulk that appears in Tempest Fugit, its obvious that the truly original Gray Hulk was not the Gravage/Joe Fixit persona. They sound vastly different from each other.

Peter David actually does write a pretty simplified version of Hulk, as I think we’ll see more of that on his Maestro series. But in the first 2 yrs or so he wrote the Hulk, it was even simpler. He wrote the Gray Hulk as having been the Savage Hulk for all those years and that he’d gotten smarter. Then PAD shifts his thinking/writing to Gray Hulk referring to Savage Hulk as “him” and hates being compared to Savage Hulk. Until we see their confrontation in 371-377.

Being a fan of Michael Myers’ Halloween franchise I know you have to be aware there are 3 separate continuities for that Michael Myers. Films 1,2,4,5,6 are the first ones. Then 1,2,7,8 are another. And now have films 1, 2018 and the rest of upcoming versions in their own continuity. So in that vein...

Peter David wrote- 2 core Hulk personas. Savage and Hulk/Gray Hulk/Gravage Hulk. Joe Fixit was a role/job the Gray Hulk took on. Not who he was in hiscore. PAD’s Merged Hulk is combo of those 2 core Hulks AND Bruce Banner. We’ll get definitive answer to what his Maestro truly is. For now, I view him a corrupted to evil Merged Hulk.

Paul Jenkins wrote-Savage Hulk, Gray Hulk IS Joe Fixit, Merged Hulk was a separate persona unto his own and not a true integration, as well as the numerous Hulks he brought into the mythos. The 2 most notable being Guilt Hulk and Devil Hulk.

Greg Pak wrote- Gravage Hulk and Savage Hulk for his Bruce Banner Hulks.

Mark Waid wrote-A MESS!!! But credits mess to Chronarchists messing with timeline affecting Hulks personas. Eventually he gets a brain-damaged Savage Hulk to become a brilliant Hulk thru extremis use.

Gerry Duggan wrote-that brilliant Hulk taking on moniker of Doc Green. While hinting that a darker persona was influencing his choices. That darker persona being The Maestro. So would assume he views Maestro as his own separate self.

Al Ewing writes heavily from the Jenkins way of thinking-Devil Hulk, Savage Hulk, Green Scar are the 3 Hulk forms. Bruce and Joe and (from BennettÂ’s art preview speculation) The Professor are the 3 Banner forms. Adding into the mix that TOBA/Brian Banner can corrupt the soul. That Xemnu can erase and create Hulk/Bruce identities. And that Leader can operate on multiple planes of existence simultaneously and has some/all control over Green Scar (speculation).
    That's all fine and dandy but it still doesn't change the fact that Green Scar persona is specifically tied to the Planet Hulk/WWH stuff, so while i do get that technically he should be "Gravage Hulk" i can't see him as Gravage Hulk as Pak was the one to actually define him fully, while other writers haven't.

Also i disagree that the current Hulk is Maestro is simplified, he talks as normally as you and me would, so he is either the undefined Gravage persona or more likely a roughed up Merged Persona, as he is suppose to become Maestro and PAD has established before that Professor Hulk is the one that becomes Maestro.

Oh and since you mentioned Doc Green, Ewing has confirmed that this isn't a new persona, it was actually an artificial persona as in it was basically Savage Hulk who was made to be brilliant because of the Extremis.

Spectacular Member

That's all fine and dandy but it still doesn't change the fact that Green Scar persona is specifically tied to the Planet Hulk/WWH stuff, so while i do get that technically he should be "Gravage Hulk" i can't see him as Gravage Hulk as Pak was the one to actually define him fully, while other writers haven't.

Also i disagree that the current Hulk is Maestro is simplified, he talks as normally as you and me would, so he is either the undefined Gravage persona or more likely a roughed up Merged Persona, as he is suppose to become Maestro and PAD has established before that Professor Hulk is the one that becomes Maestro.

Oh and since you mentioned Doc Green, Ewing has confirmed that this isn't a new persona, it was actually an artificial persona as in it was basically Savage Hulk who was made to be brilliant because of the Extremis.

I didnt say Doc Green was a new persona. I said he was “a brain damaged Savage Hulk given extremis”. And I habe no idea where you thought I said “current Hulk is Maestro”?! You may want to reread what I wrote cuz I think we agree more than you think but keep mischaracterizing what I’ve said.

BANNED

I didnt say Doc Green was a new persona. I said he was “a brain damaged Savage Hulk given extremis”. And I habe no idea where you thought I said “current Hulk is Maestro”?! You may want to reread what I wrote cuz I think we agree more than you think but keep mischaracterizing what I’ve said.
    I never said you said Doc Green was a new persona, i just said what Al Ewing said about him, as a fun fact.

And i didn't say you said current Hulk is Maestro. You said and i quote

"Peter David actually does write a pretty simplified version of Hulk, as I think we’ll see more of that on his Maestro series."

This is the part that i disagree, i don't think his Hulk is simplified in the Maestro series, he talks normally as you or me would.

Spectacular Member

I never said you said Doc Green was a new persona, i just said what Al Ewing said about him, as a fun fact.

And i didn't say you said current Hulk is Maestro. You said and i quote

"Peter David actually does write a pretty simplified version of Hulk, as I think we’ll see more of that on his Maestro series."

This is the part that i disagree, i don't think his Hulk is simplified in the Maestro series, he talks normally as you or me would.
    None of the times I mention “simple”, “simplified” is regarding the intellect of any of the Hulks or Maestro.

Minor spoilers for Avengers(the game)- Bruce becomes Kamala's mentor and their interactions were sweet. I liked the idea of his relationship with Monica even if i wished they explored it more.

Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

I think the best way to describe Green Scar is a sort of Gravage (in terms of behaviour) that evolved from the extremely adverse environment of Sakaar. This personality is more focused strategic and much stronger. That's why I think it became part of the system.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Minor spoilers for Avengers(the game)- Bruce becomes Kamala's mentor and their interactions were sweet. I liked the idea of his relationship with Monica even if i wished they explored it more.
    You play it? How does Hulk play? Saw the review scores and they were as mediocre as I expected. I’ll give it a year to find it’s footing like Destiny did.