Page 9 of 147 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959109 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by PlatinumThorns View Post
    Pretty interesting read about the background of how comics are made, but probably a retread for more seasoned readers. But the most noteworthy bit is:

So this run DOES have a solid ending in mind, which is definitely a good thing since it won't become an ironic corpse because the sales keep at a good number. This backs up an older interview waaay back when #14 came around and Ewing mentioned he had 4 acts in mind-- thus Immortal Hulk will likely wrap up around issue 50. But... the quote mentions "arcs" so if we don't include the current Earth War one, he could've likely wrote up even more. Either way, we're in for a long trip.

50 issues is a good, round number for a run like this. It’s much easier to read and collect that way. Plus the storyline can’t over stay its welcome if the ending is planned in advance. Better to have the great “short” experience than a bloated, overly long one( like how Bendis writes Superman)

Quote Originally Posted by HeavenlyDemonic View Post
    Safe to read spoiler wise?

Incredible Member PlatinumThorns's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Safe to read spoiler wise?
    There're some full-color pages from #30 or #31, but it's otherwise safe

BANNED

I have no idea why boring interviews like these are made... we are 30 issues into the series and people keep asking Al the same old questions they asked him since the series started. Newsrama themselves have asked these same questions before and not a single question was about anything that's coming up or a tease, or talking about future or even CURRENT events.

Honestly Al should just skip interviews if the first question is another variation of "how did you get the idea to make Hulk immortal", ugh............

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by McFarlane's Green Hulk View Post

Incredible Hulk #278

“Amnesty!”

Cover Date: December 1982
    Sale Date: September 7th, 1982
    Writer: Bill Mantlo
    Artist: Sal Buscema
    Inker: Joe Sinnott
    Letterer: Jim Novak
    Colorist: Bob Sharen
    Editor: Al Milgrom

Guest Stars/Supporting Cast: Too many to list, but the majority of seen heroes are; the Fantastic Four, the Avengers, Alpha Flight, the Defenders, and the X-Men.
    Villain: The Leader
    Synopsis: Doc Samson arrives at Gamma Base to try and help the Hulk, only to find out from Betty Ross that he, Rick and Bereet have left for New York City. Their first stop is the Baxter Building, where he’s attacked by three of the four members, until Reed Richards reminds them that Banner is in control of the Hulk’s body. He then explains his position and with the help of the FF and others, is able to get word out about getting a Presidential Pardon written and signed. Sometime later (days or weeks, it’s never explicitly stated) outside the White House, Matt Murdock reads the signed Pardon aloud to the Hulk, with Rick, Bereet and a large group of various super heroes/groups in front of the press. Suddenly a fleet of alien ships fills the sky and begins attacking the Capitol. An astounded Bereet claims that this is impossible because they were Krylorian ships from one of her movies. Regardless, the Hulk leads the charge, with others following suit. The invasion is thwarted and the ships mysteriously disappear, leaving the heroes to cheer the Hulk’s actions. We end the issue with a chagrined General Ross accepting the Hulk’s heroic actions and the Leader revealing himself as the mastermind to the invasion.
    Commentary: Another rare Hulk cover by Sal. I’m sure reading this in real-time would have one wonder if next issue everything falls apart, since the Leader is involved, but…no. We got another year and a half to go…
    Literally my favorite era for the Hulk.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Honestly, while I’m ready for issue 50, I don’t want Ewing to go. I’d love to see him have a long, extended run on this book, like Slott’s ASM, Aaron’s Thor, or Bru’s Captain America. He could have a definitive take on him, and make him one of the truly great Hulk writers, like PAD, or Mantlo.

Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

Loved #30! The last page was amazing, and I'm intrigued about spoilers:
    why we're getting the Savage Hulk there. He seems to have no idea about why He's there fighting the monsters.
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Honestly, while I’m ready for issue 50, I don’t want Ewing to go. I’d love to see him have a long, extended run on this book, like Slott’s ASM, Aaron’s Thor, or Bru’s Captain America. He could have a definitive take on him, and make him one of the truly great Hulk writers, like PAD, or Mantlo.
    While I do agree completely, you know there’s been a fantastic run when you’re left wanting more.
    50 issues could really immortalise (pun intended) this run as a modern classic.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by McFarlane's Green Hulk View Post

Incredible Hulk #279

“Everyone Loves A Parade, Right?”

Cover Date: January 1983
    Sale Date: October 12th, 1982
    Writer: Bill Mantlo
    Artists: Mark Gruenwald and Greg LaRocque
    Letterer: Janice Chiang
    Colorist: Bob Sharen
    Editor: Al Milgrom

Guest Stars/Supporting Cast: Too many to list, but nearly every Marvel hero featured in 1982.
    Synopsis: Following his Presidential Pardon, super-heroes from across the globe and universe gather to celebrate the Hulk’s new lease on life. All but Betty Ross…
    Commentary: After nearly 20 years, the dinky purple shorts are brought back. And he’s going to be wearing them for a LONG time. Sal must have had some vacation time to spend, as Gruenwald and LaRocque fill in on art.

Truly an awesome issue of guest stars making an appearance for this version of the Hulk.

Gamma Flight seems a bit creepy here.....

I wonder I it means there's some kind of rule to the resurrections. The Hulk's resurrections/healing seem to kick in almost immediately (although in the early issues of IH Banner would stay "dead" until night), as does Samson's lately. Yet Walter's still dead, as is Ross, although I think both were in a depowered state....and it took the Hulk and Samson a while to ressurect as well, although Samson was pretty much a skeleton, and Hulk did have two partial resurrections in-between (Secret Empire/Uncanny Avengers). Also Rick didn't revive until he got transformed again, Betty's new gamma form seemed to kick in only when she was shot etc. (Unless she somehow transformed into Red Harpy before that somehow).
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Gamma Flight seems a bit creepy here.....

I wonder I it means there's some kind of rule to the resurrections. The Hulk's resurrections/healing seem to kick in almost immediately (although in the early issues of IH Banner would stay "dead" until night), as does Samson's lately. Yet Walter's still dead, as is Ross, although I think both were in a depowered state....and it took the Hulk and Samson a while to ressurect as well, although Samson was pretty much a skeleton, and Hulk did have two partial resurrections in-between (Secret Empire/Uncanny Avengers). Also Rick didn't revive until he got transformed again, Betty's new gamma form seemed to kick in only when she was shot etc. (Unless she somehow transformed into Red Harpy before that somehow).
    I think Walter is still dead because Hulk syphoned all of his gamma energy during their fight in the first storyline. So the green door has nothing to resurrect him with. As for Betty, no, she wasn’t able to transform before she was shot because the serum that Doc Green gave her suppressed the gamma energy in her cells.

Fantastic Member

You can tell from reading the interview that Justin Partridge is not reading this book. . His loss!
    "Mutationem Aeternum"
    Krakoan and Proud

Boy howdy, Xemnu is creeping me out on the last page of this issue. Getting Skarsgard as Pennywise vibes. I approve.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jness View Post
    You can tell from reading the interview that Justin Partridge is not reading this book. . His loss!
    Honestly i thought the same, it's like he read the first arc and than stopped reading after that but still needed to do the interview so he just asked Al default questions, not a single question regarding current or future events.

So I guess all they really need to get Sasquatch back would be to hit him with some gamma probably.

Not sure if the Hulk'll do it, but it's absolutely something the Leader would probably do.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth