Page 94 of 147 FirstFirst ... 4484909192939495969798104144 ... LastLast
Results 1,396 to 1,410 of 2205
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Hulk View Post
    Fantastic issue! This is the most creepy and dangerous Leader ever, and yes, He took control of spoilers:
    Green Scar!
    end of spoilers
    Exactly!

And now we know the answers to the questions raised back in March

Also confirmed.. spoilers:
    that it was Leader/Scar dragging Savage back to the chained Fixit/Professor. And if we're echoing things, maybe Guilt Hulk does end up returning. After all, last time all the alters had a big fight on the mental plane, when Bruce was trapped in a fantasy and those two were chained together. With the upcoming mental plane fight, we've got the return of the Triad, so all alters are coming out to play.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Gotta love the red light, green light imagery. Now we know why Walter hasn't come back. Guess Ewing set things up nicely to explain why some resurrect quick and others don't.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by SanityOrMadness View Post
    Was anyone really surprised by that last page? I thought #33 made it pretty clear already.
    True, but it was good to finally get it confirmed since at the time there was lingering questions of .. spoilers:
    Leader ability to be in two places at once or more as this issue showed. The "moron" comment and the finger touch being the main giveaways
    end of spoilers

Bonus question..
    spoilers:

It's clear he's been there for a while. I wonder if that scientists death can be attributed to Leader given that he's been the one utilizing these new abilities behind the scenes. IE: Green Scar manifesting spikes. Leader being inside could have learned all sorts of things from his dad to how his powers work.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Cth; 09-16-2020 at 07:48 AM.

Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cth View Post
    Exactly!

And now we know the answers to the questions raised back in March

Also confirmed.. spoilers:
    that it was Leader/Scar dragging Savage back to the chained Fixit/Professor. And if we're echoing things, maybe Guilt Hulk does end up returning. After all, last time all the alters had a big fight on the mental plane, when Bruce was trapped in a fantasy and those two were chained together. With the upcoming mental plane fight, we've got the return of the Triad, so all alters are coming out to play.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Gotta love the red light, green light imagery. Now we know why Walter hasn't come back. Guess Ewing set things up nicely to explain why some resurrect quick and others don't.
    end of spoilers
    Ewing's keep coming up with all sorts of interesting elements and ideas. Now I'm more intrigued about the Red Door than I am about Green Door.

Could Gamma Beings come back through the Red Door? Maybe they can, but something changes about them, they become different (Danger!).

Bonus question..
    spoilers:

It's clear he's been there for a while. I wonder if that scientists death can be attributed to Leader given that he's been the one utilizing these new abilities behind the scenes. IE: Green Scar manifesting spikes. Leader being inside could have learned all sorts of things from his dad to how his powers work.
    end of spoilers
    I'm kind of confused by the question. Do you mean whether should be considered a/the murderer for all the things he did so far after controlling the GD?

Fantastic issue. Ewing really sold the threat of the Leader and showed how deep his plans have gone and the extent of his influence.
    Quote Originally Posted by SanityOrMadness View Post
    Was anyone really surprised by that last page? I thought #33 made it pretty clear already.
    People had been speculating for some time but we finally got confirmation.

Fantastic Member

Ewing's keep coming up with all sorts of interesting elements and ideas. Now I'm more intrigued about the Red Door than I am about Green Door.

Could Gamma Beings come back through the Red Door? Maybe they can, but something changes about them, they become different (Danger!).

I'm kind of confused by the question. Do you mean whether should be considered a/the murderer for all the things he did so far after controlling the GD?
    RE: Red/Green

spoilers:

It's possible since Sasquatch is returning but changed theoretically according to the solicit.

As far as the question goes, with Leader having been inside from early on, how much influence has he had? Is Devil's world destroying ambitions partially influenced by the Leader? Similarly, the murder was specifically called out (dissolving the scientist within him).. also, we saw "new powers" (really confirming things he should already be able to do) revealed when Leader was controlling Green Scar.. so the other "new power" was when he was able to control all parts of his body while separate.. which I'm suggesting means Leader's influence was present. Not controlling, but nudging kinda like TOBA.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Cth View Post
    RE: Red/Green

spoilers:

It's possible since Sasquatch is returning but changed theoretically according to the solicit.

As far as the question goes, with Leader having been inside from early on, how much influence has he had? Is Devil's world destroying ambitions partially influenced by the Leader? Similarly, the murder was specifically called out (dissolving the scientist within him).. also, we saw "new powers" (really confirming things he should already be able to do) revealed when Leader was controlling Green Scar.. so the other "new power" was when he was able to control all parts of his body while separate.. which I'm suggesting means Leader's influence was present. Not controlling, but nudging kinda like TOBA.
    end of spoilers
    That's what I think it'll be responsible for Sasquatch's change.

I'd say yes for your question. Also, I think is more than a nudge.

PS: Can we get rid of the spoiler tags by now?

Already two perfect score reviews (To me it's the the best Immortal Hulk from this year, tied with IH #33).

Comics The Gathering (10 out of 10)

Immortal Hulk #37 swings the spotlight back to the Leader, and watching the current storyline deform around his well-laid plans (and insider knowledge) is horrifically fascinating. Bodyguarded by its usual artistic excellence and a finely-wrought script, this issue is more than just a great read. It's a delivery system for a fresh load of fascinating new hints about the title's wider mythology -- and thus an indispensable treat for fans of the series.

https://www.comicsthegathering.com/r...mortal-hulk-37

Comicbook.com (5 out of 5)

The Immortal Hulk #37 could have simply reimagined The Leader in so many frightening forms as to make him one of the most haunting villains in all of Marvel Comics. That would have been sufficient to earn this single a spot in the Marvel canon, but it goes one step further. After several issues slowly reintroduced this big-headed arch-enemy, his plan unfurls across an extended climax of a comic—a single action sequence using almost the entire series’ cast across multiple settings—with the complexity of an orchestra, and it hits every last note. Each turn of the page builds momentum and heightens the stakes, making it feel like a race to the very last page, one that lands like a bass drum. It’s one of the most thrilling single issue experiences of 2020, and it remains so on a second, third, and even fourth read. Bravo.

https://comicbook.com/comics/news/ne...ber-16-2020/#2
    Last edited by Immortal Hulk; 09-16-2020 at 05:03 PM.

Also, Immortal Hulk #0 was outstanding.

Ewing masterfully connected some classic stories to what he's doing now with Immortal Hulk. Mattias De Iulis art is incredible too!

Fantastic Member

I've loved all the cliffhangers in Immortal, but this is the first one that made me think "Ohhhhh FFFFFFFFFF" since Sinestro, Superboy Prime, Cyborg Superman and the Anti-Monitor teamed up.

Also I don't think that the Leader has been "inside" the entire time. I think he got inside *now*, not in the past. He was just waiting for a good opportunity.
    "Mutationem Aeternum"
    Krakoan and Proud

Quote Originally Posted by Jness View Post
    I've loved all the cliffhangers in Immortal, but this is the first one that made me think "Ohhhhh FFFFFFFFFF" since Sinestro, Superboy Prime, Cyborg Superman and the Anti-Monitor teamed up.

Also I don't think that the Leader has been "inside" the entire time. I think he got inside *now*, not in the past. He was just waiting for a good opportunity.
    It was that good, indeed.

What do you mean by now, for example? Have You read IH#0?

It was that good, indeed.

What do you mean by now, for example? Have You read IH#0?
    Haven't finished it yet, but now i see where Ang Lee got the inspiration for his Hulk movie.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Only one thing sticks out to me. Wasn’t the Red Door supposedly connected to The One Above All? That’s not how it was portrayed here. Or am I misremembering?

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Only one thing sticks out to me. Wasn’t the Red Door supposedly connected to The One Above All? That’s not how it was portrayed here. Or am I misremembering?
    The first time the Red Door was mentioned happened in the mail section from IH #36, and I don't remember any mention about a relation with TOAA. I'll check later.
    Last edited by Immortal Hulk; 09-16-2020 at 04:57 PM.

BANNED

It seems like the Red door is what you get when you switch off someone's green door and stop them from resurrecting.

Ultimate Member

So how long was it the Leader 'there'?

...can't do spoiler boxes

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Haven't finished it yet, but now i see where Ang Lee got the inspiration for his Hulk movie.
    Never read Mantlo's run before?

I checked. No mention. Just "What Is...The Red Door"?

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    So how long was it the Leader 'there'?

Hard to say, but we know He appeared right after #13, in the Below Place.
    ...can't do spoiler boxes