Page 97 of 147 FirstFirst ... 478793949596979899100101107 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,455 of 2205

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    It does remind me of an Erik Larson pitch for Hulk, some time back. The Hulk became separated from Banner and possessed random people, with Banner hunting him/it.

Never happened, but it would have been interesting in the hands of the right writer (not Larson)
    Hmmm, indeed, I think I would have enjoyed watching such a storyline play out. Maybe some talented writer will attempt the idea post-Immortal Hulk, one can only hope.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Hulk View Post
    Marvel Reveals First Look at Devil Hulk (Exclusive)

https://comicbook.com/comics/news/ma...ulk-exclusive/

Amazing art!
    Those Eyes say it all. Some stuff is about to go down LOL! Devil Hulk vs Leader/Scar Hulk. Very interesting. Very cool. I want need it now.

Question, so I thought the most powerful form of the Hulk was the Maestro. Has Ewing said anything about touching upon the Maestro before his run ends?

Quote Originally Posted by the nomad View Post
    Those Eyes say it all. Some stuff is about to go down LOL! Devil Hulk vs Leader/Scar Hulk. Very interesting. Very cool. I want need it now.

Question, so I thought the most powerful form of the Hulk was the Maestro. Has Ewing said anything about touching upon the Maestro before his run ends?
    Maestro is a possible future of the merged Hulk. He is not by any stretch or the imagination the most powerful.

The big thing is that he doesn't exist in the present, not even in Banner's head.

BANNED

Yea as others have pointed out Devil Hulk is just another incarnation like any other inside Banner, he isn't an evil entity that has invaded Banner or something. If i am correct each entity represents some part of Bruces broken mind that he made as a child.

1. Savage Hulk - the child side of Banner, very emotional, easy to anger but unlike child Bruce actually has the strength to defend himself
    2. Joe Fixit - the part of Banners mind where he watched old gangster movies and envisioned himself as a cool, capable mobster
    3. Professor Hulk/Merged Hulk - the merging of Savage, Joe and Bruce's minds, to make the "ideal" Hulk, he is handsome, smart, strong and capable of controlling his emotions better than others.
    4. Mindless Hulk - simply a version of Hulk that is removed of even the most basic intellect, he can only growl and at this point is barely any different than an animal
    5. Guilt Hulk - it personifies all the guilt Banner has felt over the destruction and harm he has caused as Hulk but also his hatred for the world
    6. Devil Hulk - started of differently back in Jenkins run but Ewing molded it to represent Bruce's father figure, one that would not abuse him but would actually protect him, which is why his motto is "When you hurt Bruce, i take it personally"
    7. Green Scar - this one i am not 100% sure, he is the strongest incarnation so he might represent like an older brother that is kind of a jerk to you(Bruce) but ultimately means good and wants to protect everyone, definitely the most warrior like of the incarnations

I will note that Maestro isn't a new personality for instance, but is Professor Hulk who simply went insane over the grief and loss of everyone he ever loved, turning him into an evil, mad tyrant.

I think that covers the basics, if anyone thinks i got something wrong or would like to add something more feel free.
    Last edited by Intothevoid; 09-22-2020 at 12:55 AM.

Astonishing Member

I re-read recently Future Imperfect by Peter David and George Perez,i had read those stories when they were first published waaaay back.
    But i did not had those stories in my collection anymore,so i got a new Hardcover Edition of Future Imperfect.
    The Maestro limited series will be a cool companion Limited series to the Future Imperfect book.

I think in part giving his gamma to others can temporarily depower Banner, but I think that's really also not really a case of possession.

For example, Banner was 'cured' for a while when he gave his gamma energy to Amadeus, and this of course left him vulnerable to Hawkeye's arrow, but it was only a matter of time before he became the Hulk again regardless, even if he wasn't brought back on more of a permanent basis until the Avengers event.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Incredible Member

Interesting little aside from Ewing's She-Hulk one-shot (and it is literally an aside, not the plot) - he strongly hints that it was Fixit (in Banner's body) who gave the blood transfusion to Jen in her origin, not Bruce...
    Last edited by SanityOrMadness; 09-23-2020 at 08:53 AM.

Fantastic Member Venom Melendez's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    so is the Devil Hulk dependent on Banner's body or can he "invade" someone else, if unleashed? There has to be a way of permanently purging him.
    Devil is one of Bruce's alters, it can't be purged it's part of Bruce's system. He's not the literal Devil if that's what you are implying.

Devil, Savage and Joe have been with Bruce since before the Gamma Bomb.

OOOh another interesting tid-bit from the Immortal She-Hulk one shot. I think it is implied that she is actually the first person to go through the Red Door.

I prefer the Devil Hulk/Joe Fixit more than Savage. I like it when hulk is a character who can speak actual sentences.

Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Intothevoid View Post
    Yea as others have pointed out Devil Hulk is just another incarnation like any other inside Banner, he isn't an evil entity that has invaded Banner or something. If i am correct each entity represents some part of Bruces broken mind that he made as a child.

1. Savage Hulk - the child side of Banner, very emotional, easy to anger but unlike child Bruce actually has the strength to defend himself
    2. Joe Fixit - the part of Banners mind where he watched old gangster movies and envisioned himself as a cool, capable mobster
    3. Professor Hulk/Merged Hulk - the merging of Savage, Joe and Bruce's minds, to make the "ideal" Hulk, he is handsome, smart, strong and capable of controlling his emotions better than others.
    4. Mindless Hulk - simply a version of Hulk that is removed of even the most basic intellect, he can only growl and at this point is barely any different than an animal
    5. Guilt Hulk - it personifies all the guilt Banner has felt over the destruction and harm he has caused as Hulk but also his hatred for the world
    6. Devil Hulk - started of differently back in Jenkins run but Ewing molded it to represent Bruce's father figure, one that would not abuse him but would actually protect him, which is why his motto is "When you hurt Bruce, i take it personally"
    7. Green Scar - this one i am not 100% sure, he is the strongest incarnation so he might represent like an older brother that is kind of a jerk to you(Bruce) but ultimately means good and wants to protect everyone, definitely the most warrior like of the incarnations

I will note that Maestro isn't a new personality for instance, but is Professor Hulk who simply went insane over the grief and loss of everyone he ever loved, turning him into an evil, mad tyrant.

I think that covers the basics, if anyone thinks i got something wrong or would like to add something more feel free.
    I guess you're right about most of it. Just be careful about some of the incarnations. Not at all of them were presente with Banner from the beginning. That's true for Savage, Grey and even Devil.

Professor was artificially created, as an idealized version of himself. It wasn't something that was part of Bruce's mind when He was a child.

Same with Guilt Hulk. That one took shape after years and years of his guilt growing, culminating with Betty's death (Banner thought it was his fault).

Green Scar (I think Ewing commented something similar in IH) was created during Planet Hulk. It didn't exist before. Basically, it was created as a mean to survive the very adverse conditions Hulk faced on Sakaar. He was weakened and vulnerable; far from the strongest one there is on the planet. Then He got more cunning, smarter, more focused and far stronger with time.

Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

Maestro #2 was really good, btw! A few surprises, and more to come, I believe.

spoilers:
    Hulk is not the "true" Maestro.
    end of spoilers

Incredible Member

Green Scar (I think Ewing commented something similar in IH) was created during Planet Hulk. It didn't exist before. Basically, it was created as a mean to survive the very adverse conditions Hulk faced on Sakaar. He was weakened and vulnerable; far from the strongest one there is on the planet. Then He got more cunning, smarter, more focused and far stronger with time.
    That's not really true. GS is the same Hulk seen at the tail end of PAD's original run (post-Onslaught) and in his second run shortly before Planet Hulk. Pak even comnented in an interview at the start of PH that he was happy with the Hulk PAD had left him with, IIRC.

(PAD appeared to suggest in flashbacks from his second run that "Gravage"/GS comes from Banner's high school days, later than Savage, earlier than college-age Fixit.)
    Last edited by SanityOrMadness; 09-23-2020 at 05:04 PM.

Ultimate Member

Maestro #2 was really good, btw! A few surprises, and more to come, I believe.

spoilers:
    Hulk is not the "true" Maestro.
    end of spoilers
    I'm kinda disappointed with this mini thus far. Hulk seems more dropped into this entire world than forged by it and in reaction to it

I guess you're right about most of it. Just be careful about some of the incarnations. Not at all of them were presente with Banner from the beginning. That's true for Savage, Grey and even Devil.

Professor was artificially created, as an idealized version of himself. It wasn't something that was part of Bruce's mind when He was a child.

Same with Guilt Hulk. That one took shape after years and years of his guilt growing, culminating with Betty's death (Banner thought it was his fault).

Sort of.

Even prior to the Green Scar there had been a 'Gravage' Hulk running around for some time. Essentially he became the Green Scar on Sakaar, kind of how Joe used to be just Gray Hulk, but eventually took on a more distinct identity in Joe Fixit (He was distinct from Savage and Banner originally of course.)