Page 112 of 135 FirstFirst ... 1262102108109110111112113114115116122 ... LastLast
Results 1,666 to 1,680 of 2018

Now we just need a Speed Force title featuring everyone who appeared in Speed Metal — though Barry and Wallace can be relegated to the occasional guest appearance.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    Attachment 100925

Best spread page of the year.
    Truer words were never spoken, my friend

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Attachment 100925

Year? I reckon you're underselling it. DECADE.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Attachment 100925

Way too damn long since he wore that suit.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by Dataweaver View Post
    Now we just need a Speed Force title featuring everyone who appeared in Speed Metal — though Barry and Wallace can be relegated to the occasional guest appearance.
    I honestly like Wallace and Jay little interactions here.

Jay could adopt him. I mean, why not?
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post

That could be an interesting angle to take for Wallace. While I think the Wally II to Wallace change was more than enough to distinguish him from Wally, I could live with him becoming Wallace West-Garrick. plus it would permanent put an end to any complaints from any lingering Wally super-purist out there.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    That could be an interesting angle to take for Wallace. While I think the Wally II to Wallace change was more than enough to distinguish him from Wally, I could live with him becoming Wallace West-Garrick. plus it would permanent put an end to any complaints from any lingering Wally super-purist out there.
    And we could have some Garrick Flashes in the future.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post

Jay did mention how he'd never had kids of his own. Max practically adopted Bart, and when he was missing, Jay was the one who took Bart in. Ever since Crisis when Earth-2 merged with Earth-1, Jay has acted as a kind of patriarch to the Flash Family, even though Wally was, until shortly before Flashpoint when Barry came back, the actual leader. The big problem with a Jay adopting Wallace story is, where would it happen? Jay would likely only be supporting cast in Flash and a member of the JSA, so unless Kid Flash got his own solo book, there'd be no focus. Whereas when Max had Bart, it was in Bart's own solo book, so it was well developed, Max originally volunteering to teach him and Bart not liking the arrangement, but eventually, they grew to love each other like a father and son. That wouldn't have enough focus to happen with Jay and Wallace.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I mean I suppose you could put Wallace on the JSA, but then you got him, Jesse, and Jay over there. It could still work though, plus Wallace does technically know Jakeem Thunder.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Jakeem has Djinn with him too, so that's potentially someone else he'd know there. Maybe a new version of Infinity Inc? Bring back Jade and Obsidian, put Stargirl there, and you have a JSA version of the Titans.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I think Wallace is probably going to stay in the main Flash book with Barry and Iris. I don't see him living with Jay (which they already did with Bart) or the JSA (which they have Jesse for).

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think Wallace is probably going to stay in the main Flash book with Barry and Iris. I don't see him living with Jay (which they already did with Bart) or the JSA (which they have Jesse for).
    Agreed, but I gotta admit the idea of Jay adopting Wallace has some appeal. Wallace Garrick, or use the hyphen and go West-Garrick, puts the name problem to rest (insofar as it's a problem now) and could provide a interesting angle for both Wallace and Jay. Yeah, Max and Bart already did this. Hell, Jay and Wally sorta-kinda already did this and Jay's been the father figure of the Flash dynasty for decades, but that doesn't mean it's a bad idea either. It's not original but it could still be entertaining.

Even if Wallace just stuck to the pages of Flash and/or Titans, Jay could be used as a supporting character and Wallace could appear occasionally in JSA, or wherever Jay is at. It wouldn't be a ton of panel time to develop the dynamic but it could still be a nice addition to both characters' stories.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Agreed, but I gotta admit the idea of Jay adopting Wallace has some appeal. Wallace Garrick, or use the hyphen and go West-Garrick, puts the name problem to rest (insofar as it's a problem now) and could provide a interesting angle for both Wallace and Jay. Yeah, Max and Bart already did this. Hell, Jay and Wally sorta-kinda already did this and Jay's been the father figure of the Flash dynasty for decades, but that doesn't mean it's a bad idea either. It's not original but it could still be entertaining.

Even if Wallace just stuck to the pages of Flash and/or Titans, Jay could be used as a supporting character and Wallace could appear occasionally in JSA, or wherever Jay is at. It wouldn't be a ton of panel time to develop the dynamic but it could still be a nice addition to both characters' stories.
    I have to say I do think the idea of Wallace West-Garrick definitely has a ring to it. I know Bart lived with Jay (pre NEW 52) but I don't see why that could mean that Wallace couldn't now.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post

Jay is basically the grandpa to all the Flash kids, although I don't think there's much of an impetus for him adopting Wallace (other than the name change fans want) but probably room for some relationship development.

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

Have we seen Joan Garrick back yet? (I liked her. Very spunky grandmother.)
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)