Page 116 of 135 FirstFirst ... 1666106112113114115116117118119120126 ... LastLast
Results 1,726 to 1,740 of 2018

Quote Originally Posted by Hol View Post
    I get it. Just my opinion.
    And I get being skeptical, but I just wouldn't look at this as any kind of definitive statement on the Flash Franchise.

I just looked at the Future State advertisements and it very much looks like we are in for more pooping on Wally. Is that you guy's takeaway as well?

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    This is going to be Convergence all over again. DC sales are going to get nuked for a year or more by another one of Didio's decisions. Except there is no Rebirth to save the sinking ship this time. DC is going down like the Titanic!
    Nah, Convergence was always just meant as a way to deal with DC's move from the East to West Coast. This looks like a stop gap between two regimes. 5G was supposed to be the big thing for 2021 and with that being cancelled, they clearly just needed to give creators some time to adapt to the new status quo.

There are plenty of reasons to worry about DC. Future Slate is absolutely not one of them.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan Preskovsky View Post
    Nah, Convergence was always just meant as a way to deal with DC's move from the East to West Coast. This looks like a stop gap between two regimes. 5G was supposed to be the big thing for 2021 and with that being cancelled, they clearly just needed to give creators some time to adapt to the new status quo.

There are plenty of reasons to worry about DC. Future Slate is absolutely not one of them.
    Yeah, Endless Winter and this are basically just filler.

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    written by BRANDON VIETTI
    art by DALE EAGLESHAM
    cover by BRANDON PETERSON
    card stock variant cover by KAARE ANDREWS
    ON SALE 1/5/21
    $3.99 US | 32 PAGES | 1 OF 2 | FC | DC
    CARD STOCK COVER $4.99 US
    With no powers, no backup and no other choice, Barry Allen and the other former Flashes face the deadliest threat they've ever encountered—Wally West. Possessed by an evil force trapped for thousands of years inside the Speed Force, Barry turns to his greatest foes' weapons to save the young man he loves like a son. In the end, how much will Barry sacrifice to save the former Kid Flash?
    Oh h*ll no. No, nope, nyat, nada, forgett'aboutit. I hope they don't bother printing this on actual paper because that would do disservice to some poor tree.
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

Astonishing Member

They get people who don't understand the Speed Force to write a Flash book. This is just self-sabotage.

They get people who don't understand the Speed Force to write a Flash book. This is just self-sabotage.
    Well, I know Weisman said he didn't care for the Speed Force, though I don't think Vietti has ever said anything about it.

If I recall correctly Weisman used "we" when he talked about his issues with Speed Force. Regardless of this, his track record is still not good. Not only Wally, but they also didn't get Bart as well. I'm not a fan of the whole "depressed Bart" angle they were going for either.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Waterfall View Post
    If I recall correctly Weisman used "we" when he talked about his issues with Speed Force. Regardless of this, his track record is still not good. Not only Wally, but they also didn't get Bart as well. I'm not a fan of the whole "depressed Bart" angle they were going for either.
    I'll agree with you on Wally, YJ's crew never knew what to do with him beyond him being an accessory in Artemis's arc really and he was generally just not that engaging compared to the rest of the leads outside of his one big episode... then he got shocked death after doing basically nothing for an entire season just because who knows why. But hard disagree on Bart, felt that has been a solid adaptation of him mixing pieces from both his time as Impulse and Kid Flash while also tying it into the loose adaptation of the first Jaime Blue Beetle book they were doing. The "secretly depressed and hiding it under the Impulsive silly nature" thing only was relevant for like 3 scenes and he seems to had gotten over that stuff by the end of the season. My only complaint is I wish they had just kept him as Impulse (or at least if he had to be Kid Flash kept him in Wally's Kid Flash suit since it's much better designed than the one they did specifically for Bart).
    Last edited by Mojo; 10-18-2020 at 05:39 AM.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Young Justice did Wally dirty.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
    I'll agree with you on Wally, YJ's crew never knew what to do with him beyond him being an accessory in Artemis's arc really and he was generally just not that engaging compared to the rest of the leads outside of his one big episode... then he got shocked death after doing basically nothing for an entire season just because who knows why. But hard disagree on Bart, felt that has been a solid adaptation of him mixing pieces from both his time as Impulse and Kid Flash while also tying it into the loose adaptation of the first Jaime Blue Beetle book they were doing. The "secretly depressed and hiding it under the Impulsive silly nature" thing only was relevant for like 3 scenes and he seems to had gotten over that stuff by the end of the season. My only complaint is I wish they had just kept him as Impulse (or at least if he had to be Kid Flash kept him in Wally's Kid Flash suit since it's much better designed than the one they did specifically for Bart).
    My whole problem with Bart stems from the fact that he's very clearly introduced to show with the goal of replacing Wally, so they made him a very similar character to Wally & took away all of his original quirks as Impulse. His ADHD is an important aspect of him and they made him more serious (which in comics happened after a terrible run in with Deathstroke). Then later he turned into nothing but a tag along for Blue Beetle and it only got worse in S3. People treat him as Not-Wally and that's unfair.

Also his humor is very Whedonian and I hate Whedonian humor by default.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, they did.

Astonishing Member

No one understands the Speed Force, it's a vague concept that does whatever writers want.

Speed Force needs to be dropped as a concept.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    No one understands the Speed Force, it's a vague concept that does whatever writers want.

Speed Force needs to be dropped as a concept.
    Just admit it's basically just GOESFAST magic and be done with it. It's too highly intertwined with the Flash to get rid of but trying to make actual sense of it or science it or whatever is just dumb and never works.

I mean, I don't think it's in-depth but I think there's enough of an established sense of the Speed Force's mechanics from what I've read/seen.

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Also agree. Young Justice is the one animated show that had Wally in it that I refused to buy copies of. The only 'good' episode with him was the one with the heart that was based on the first story arc that introduced Wally as the Flash in 1987. I wanted to love the get-together episode with all the Flashes and Bart, but they ruined that by going out of their way to diss Wally's speed. It was at that point that any interest that I had in the show evaporated.
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)