Page 102 of 135 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102103104105106112 ... LastLast
Results 1,516 to 1,530 of 2018
    Astonishing Member

I mean that's the same fight twice.

Don't get me wrong, I couldn't care less about the actual outcome. It's a cute series that usually gets their facts wrong to drum up interest. No use getting riled up about it.
    Last edited by Dred; 08-31-2020 at 07:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    Attachment 100246

Speed Metal!!!
    A red Flash, a blue Flash, and a red and blue Flash .

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    I mean that's the same fight twice.

Don't get me wrong, I couldn't care less about the actual outcome. It's a cute series that usually gets their facts wrong to drum up interest. No use getting riled up about it.
    I agree. I watch mostly to see the animation of the fights.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Well, Goku lost twice to Superman and that was without a doubt the most heat they got. I remember that they showed the second fight in a live event and got booed after the result, with people leaving their seats.
    For real, that happened? Tells you how much of an inspirational figure superman has turned out to be.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    For real, that happened? Tells you how much of an inspirational figure superman has turned out to be.
    It's more like a bunch of kids grew up watching Dragon Ball and never read a Superman comic book in their life.
    And DB have this myth that these characters are supposed to be the stongest of all fiction.

So, if Goku loses, fanboys get angry.

Guys, what should Wally’s permanent occupation be?

I wasn't a big fan of the mechanic stuff.

Spectacular Member

full time protector of keystone city. earns money through a patreon account.

Quote Originally Posted by TheImperfectFlash View Post
    Guys, what should Wally’s permanent occupation be?

I wasn't a big fan of the mechanic stuff.
    Full time superhero. He's the Flash. That is all he ever wanted to be. The mechanic stuff is meh. Also, just have the JLA pay him. Just like the JLI used to.

Astonishing Member

Yeah, Linda brought home enough money to support them while he saved the World.

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

I actually like the idea of him needing to find some way to make money to support his kids. I always thought that the next stage in his evolution should have been how does a guy who has basically been a full-time superhero since he was a kid, deal with the often mundane realities of being a parent.

Also, the voiceover in that Death Battle video has got to be one of the most irritating things I've ever heard. And 1.5 minutes out of a three minute video dedicated to promoting something else?!?! They can't be serious.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Ehhh, I think he should have a side job. I can't expect a family of four's sole breadwinner to be a reporter. Maybe if it was Lois Lane and she had book deals, but even that's a stretch.

I don't want Wally paid by the JLA or Batman. The former because, well, I just don't think they should be paying each other and the latter because Bruce really needs fewer hooks into other IP and Wally-- of all the JLA-- really wouldn't want to be on Bruce's chain.

A mechanic is fine. Something technical or scientific would work for Wally. If he went public, yeah, the Patreon account is actually pretty solid. Since he's a pretty blue collar guy, he'd probably split some with charity once he's able to make ends meet.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Ehhh, I think he should have a side job. I can't expect a family of four's sole breadwinner to be a reporter. Maybe if it was Lois Lane and she had book deals, but even that's a stretch.

I don't want Wally paid by the JLA or Batman. The former because, well, I just don't think they should be paying each other and the latter because Bruce really needs fewer hooks into other IP and Wally-- of all the JLA-- really wouldn't want to be on Bruce's chain.

A mechanic is fine. Something technical or scientific would work for Wally. If he went public, yeah, the Patreon account is actually pretty solid. Since he's a pretty blue collar guy, he'd probably split some with charity once he's able to make ends meet.
    Wally becomes a Doctor (not Manhattan) like Patch Adams
    Last edited by TheImperfectFlash; 09-01-2020 at 07:28 PM.

Plus didn't he have some cash stashed away from the Icycle inheritance?

Axel Walker (Trickster), Evan McCulloch (Mirror Master), Hunter Zolomon (Reverse Flash/Zoom), Curtis Engstrom (Alchemy), Alexander Petrov (Mr. Element, amusingly another Doctor Alchemy "legacy") and the mentioned Owen Mercer (Captain Boomerang) are the 'second gen' ones. Though Evan technically originated in Animal Man as a Morrison creation.

The other Wally original ones I can think of are The Johns Era new generation of Rogues with Double Down, Girder, Blacksmith, Fallout, Murmur, Tar Pit, Plunder, Magenta, Peak-a-Boo, and that weird Rainbow Raider crew which was a mishmash of a bunch of nobodies.

Then you got your WML/Baron era Rogue villains like Kilgore, Icicle, Mota, Blue Trinity (which doubles up with Christina who later becomes Lady Savitar), Speed McGee/Speed Demon, and those three elementals whose names escape me. One shacked up with Wally's dad. Because why not.

Then you got your Waid era villains. Kobra, Savitar, The Combine, Team Turmoil, Cobalt Blue, Grimm, Chillblaine, Replicant, Razer, Folded Man, and Neron (created for an event, but also by Waid and used in Wally's solo).

Then you got your Morrison/Millar era stuff which includes The Fashioneer, The Suit, Black Flash, The Cosmic Gamblers, and the fearsome SEASNAKE.

There's almost certainly a dozen or so one off villains like SEASNAKE who I wouldn't remember. These are the ones I could list off.

I'm also not including one time antagonists who turned friends like John Fox, Fury, Chunk, etc since they're more largely recognized as allies.
    Wow, so many characters who've been used in the Arrowverse... and, of course, fought Barry instead of Wally.

By the way, Magenta is a Wally West rogue but is NOT from the Wally Flash era, she started in New Teen Titans as a hero when Wally was still Kid Flash.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Wow, so many characters who've been used in the Arrowverse... and, of course, fought Barry instead of Wally.

By the way, Magenta is a Wally West rogue but is NOT from the Wally Flash era, she started in New Teen Titans as a hero when Wally was still Kid Flash.
    Sure, though the question was Wally-only villains in The Flash and that's certainly Magenta, even if Frances Kane is from the New Teen Titans. I just listed her in Johns' Rogues for classification.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post

What's so crazy about Linda being successful and making enough money to support the family? Why does Lois even have to factor into it? Why does the only reporter "able" to make enough money to support a small family have to be Lois?

I'm just not following a single thing you're saying. Do you think being a very successful reporter and anchor isn't a lucrative job?
    Last edited by Dred; 09-01-2020 at 06:44 PM.