Page 78 of 135 FirstFirst ... 286874757677787980818288128 ... LastLast
Results 1,156 to 1,170 of 2018
    Spectacular Member

seeing as wallys all sad again, lets hope he's not just used as some kind of speedforce bomb against the bad guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    The generations stuff is either cancelled or, at this point, enough of it is cancelled that it is irrelevant. Generation Zero isn't even coming out anymore -- it's not slated for FCBD. They're tacking it on at the end of the Flash Forward trade. His only relevance will be in the Death Metal stuff where we already know the outcome -- captured and beaten. I'm sure he will play some minor role in it, but because he's not Batman, Superman, or Wonder Woman he won't matter that much. Expect full form jobbing to The Batman Who Laughs. Snyder has also stripped the "Gaining Manhattan's powers" gimmick off of Wally and stuck it on Batman, removing every last bit of wind from the sails of Flash Forward.
    Spoiler for issue 1.
    spoilers:
    BWL is dead.
    end of spoilers
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Ultimate Member

anyone read the latest Deceased?

I take small comfort in knowing that Wally and family emerged unscathed, mostly, by the anti-life equation.
    Last edited by The Cool Thatguy; 06-19-2020 at 12:58 PM.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Spoiler for issue 1.
    spoilers:
    BWL is dead.
    end of spoilers
    Yeah! I doubt that's gonna stick. It's more of a gotcha moment.spoilers:
    Bwl will return
    end of spoilers .
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 06-19-2020 at 01:10 PM.

Fantastic Member qwertyuiop1998's Avatar

Spoiler for issue 1.
    spoilers:
    BWL is dead.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I'm thinking TBWL was trasferring his essence to the manhattan batman body since the sorcerer batman said the plan has succeeded and the body is ready in the last scan
    end of spoilers
    "Dangerous Zombie! Transform!! Click And Load! Buggle UP! Danger! Danger! Death The Crisis! Dangerous Zombie!" Kamen Rider Gemn
    (In first he's mysterious and evil and now he's psycho and crazy and insane and evil AND "The Meme Lord"LOL.)

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    anyone read the latest Deceased?

I take small comfort in knowing that Wally and family emerged unscathed, mostly, by the anti-life equation.
    Oh yeah it was a great read, I honestly didn't expect for it to have somewhat of a good ending or for the plan to succeed in any way shape or form. I will say though that it really stinks for Wallace though, because unless Jay is out there somewhere then pretty much he is the last speedster in the universe because the rest of the Flash family either escaped/saved people heroically or sadly died like Barry. As far as the DCeased Universe is concerned, Wallace is the last Flash.

Quote Originally Posted by qwertyuiop1998 View Post
    spoilers:
    I'm thinking TBWL was trasferring his essence to the manhattan batman body since the sorcerer batman said the plan has succeeded and the body is ready in the last scan
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    There is also whatever the hell the Robin King is supposed to be.
    end of spoilers
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

DCeased #3 and Death Metal #1 reviews were enough to get me to buy some DC comics. Been a long while. Both really good reads. Especially DCeased. Loved Wallys line to Batman "good for Barry."

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hol View Post
    Loved Wallys line to Batman "good for Barry."
    tom taylor really nailed how wally and bruce should talk to each other. was refreshing after rebirths pushover/"sorry sir" BS.

Incredible Member PennyDreadful's Avatar

Death Metal 2 features Wally and Jay's reunion and Death Metal 1 hints that Wally has some sort of important insight. This isn't just a Batman-centered event.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hol View Post
    DCeased #3 and Death Metal #1 reviews were enough to get me to buy some DC comics. Been a long while. Both really good reads. Especially DCeased. Loved Wallys line to Batman "good for Barry."
    Agreed. This was a great week for Wally and it got me excited for DC comics in general because of that.

That line was great. Batman saying Wally should do it because his mentor did and Wally is like well good for him but I'm my own man and make my own decisions. Awesome.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by PennyDreadful View Post
    Death Metal 2 features Wally and Jay's reunion and Death Metal 1 hints that Wally has some sort of important insight. This isn't just a Batman-centered event.
    It was never supposed to be. Snyder has called Diana the central character of Death Metal.
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

Astonishing Member

Spoiler for issue 1.
    spoilers:
    BWL is dead.
    end of spoilers
    Yes, issue 1 starts at the middle of the story. You can see BWL on the cover page for Speed Metal.

Also that's not the end of him in the slightest.

Metal is better than nothing. I'm intrigued at least. Dceased was a nice nod. I think this all started to happen with Didio's departure. In Dceased's case, Flashfamily looks added the last minute, as a courtesy of Tom Taylor's own free choice.

We will truly see if there is any resurgence to Flashfamily content next year.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    It was never supposed to be. Snyder has called Diana the central character of Death Metal.
    I will believe it when i see it.

See yeah I never quite got that argument, yes I get that Batman is overly prominent in the dc universe and this storyline’s main villain is an evil Batman and his army of evil Batmen, but to me it’s kind of a DC universe thing and part of it being a dc universe thing is accepting that Batman has a big part to play in the universe.

However, this story is focusing on past crises, the first issue follows Wonder Woman (expect for the sgt.rock and Lobo parts), characters from all over like the JSA, Black Lightning, Blue Beetle, and etc are involved, and tie-ins star the Flash Family and the Multiversity characters. I’m not saying Batman doesn’t have a big part of this but I see this more as a DC thing then a Batman thing because to me a Batman event stars only Batman and effects only his place in the world.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.