Page 9 of 135 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959109 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by scottylobdell View Post
    There are monstrously huge plans for WALLY in 2020!
    im gunna just read too much into this line and the use of monstrously.

WALLY BECOMES A LEGIT MONSTER IN 2020!

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Any way, hope you are enjoying the series as much as I am! There are monstrously huge plans for WALLY in 2020!
    That's great sir, love the rhato book as well as flash forward. Excited to see how wally ends up.I hope irey and jai gets to do something as well.

Wally West Aficionado Spider-Ham's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by deadman322 View Post
    im gunna just read too much into this line and the use of monstrously.

WALLY BECOMES A LEGIT MONSTER IN 2020!
    Well, he's going to destroy a whole planet and kill his children next month so you won't have to wait much longer for the Monster part !

In all seriousness, with Lobdell's additional details, I guess that the only way to save the children is to put an end to Wally's greatest fear, and destroy this world.
    Last edited by Spider-Ham; 01-16-2020 at 06:48 AM.

It has been a dog's age since I've been here...

... but I wanted to sign-on to tell you those are the real Iris and Jai.

I just finished the (last) polish on the script for FF #6 like ten minutes ago and made it CLEAR on PAGE ONE that these are really his kids and not dark matter constructs.

Wally's greatest fear has always been that he couldn't protect his kids -- so in the instant FLASHPOINT happened and he was yanked out of reality, he subconsciously
    took them to the one place the would be "safe": an entire world founded on his deepest fear. (Hey, an "instant" isn't the same thing to us than it is to Wally!)

It was always important to me that the story is ultimately about a father and his kids and not about a father and two dark matter constructs.

Any way, hope you are enjoying the series as much as I am! There are monstrously huge plans for WALLY in 2020!

(Ooo, final note: Brett was blue-skying his reply about the book's sales. He was in essence SUGGESTING that sales in the 80s would prompt DC to "have no choice but to make it an ongoing!" He didn't mean to imply that anyone at DC was ANTICIPATING or CALCULATING sales in the 80s. Somehow in the game of telephone that is the internet, his words were translated to mean the book's target was 80K. I think I read it here that "Brett Booth said DC expected the sales to be 80k!" but I don't know anyone that thought that -- including Brett.

Honestly, I think I heard issue one sold 40K which sounds pretty awesome considering the marketplace this moment!)

S!

Note: I see this is listed as my first post (probably because of the distance between posts!) but this is also my IG name. So if anyone has any doubts I'm really me just DM me there and I'll confirm.
    But Scott? Is that Monstrous in a Good Way or a Bad Way?
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

Quote Originally Posted by Denirac View Post
    Get ready for wally west the gorilla

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Get ready for wally west the gorilla
    No Clearly he's the new Turtle
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Denirac View Post
    it's DC and Wally West so lets really not get our hopes up.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    Titans Hunt established that there was another missing Teen Titan (Wally) from the early years of New 52. This was before Wally's return.
    Yes, and it was Wally. Wally existed and lived that life and was erased by Kadabra and etc. However, Wally was already ion the speed force in the moment the reboot happened. So even Wally having had his life rebooted, that Wally that comes back is actually from pre-FP. (Which is, as it's been established already, the same Wally, with his life edited). His memories start to vanish because he starts to be folded into the new reality. Etc, etc, etc.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

All-New Member

OMG I love you people.

After I wrote "monstrous" I thought about it before I hit "post quick reply".

"Hmmm... are they going to think I used the word "monstrous" as some kind of clue? Or are they going to think of as the adjective I intended to mean "Big! Huge! Banner!"?"

But then I hit "post quick reply" any way.

Though... in retrospect...I wish I had seen Gorilla Wally earlier!

=)

OMG I love you people.

"Hmmm... are they going to think I used the word "monstrous" as some kind of clue? Or are they going to think of as the adjective I intended to mean "Big! Huge! Banner!"?"

=)
    Never underestimate The Power of Turtle Wally, Scott... I imagine he'd look something like this...
    F04CBADF-4CEA-4638-B2BA-4F4CC9D567D1.jpg
    Pull List:

Spectacular Member

OMG I love you people.

=)
    Big, Huge, Banner

Banner

Bruce Banner is big and huge as the hulk.

WALLY WEST IS GUNNA BE THE AVATAR OF THE STRENGTH FOR AND BE THE DC's VERSION OF THE HULK!

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

I take one day off to deal with kitty drama...

The only way I can see myself not only being satisfied (will get the trade even with just that, mind, even though I still can not bring myself to care about Fudgenuts) is if the book ends with the time-honored classic Wally West theme "Nobody Dies."
    Yes, people did die. Wally wasn't able to save everyone. But the theme was he always tried his darnedest to save everyone.
    So now to my mind the kids have to survive someway somehow even if I don't really care for them. To put it bluntly, I'm expecting a classic Wally last-minute miracle.

Again, I'm going to get the trade anyway unless book #6 is (unexpectedly at this point) totally muffed up, but now I'm yearning for that 1990's brand Wally miracle.

It's going to be a long month.
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

Incredible Member

Guys, shame on you, Wally is obviously going to be turned into the Porcupine Man again

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

Porcupine Man was probably the most intriguing cover once I first discovered the Flash comics. Couldn't for the life of me figure out how he'd gotten that way. Took a couple of years before I finally got to read the story behind that.
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

Is this a jimmy or wally thread? Go figure, both of them have red hair, both were sidekicks and apparently they both transform into wierd things.