Page 105 of 135 FirstFirst ... 55595101102103104105106107108109115 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,575 of 2018

I know that this retcon doesnt cover for Wally's energy explosion at Sanctuary (which he had no control of whatsoever tbf), but at least provides a reason for his actions right afterward, which I am really fine with

Also, with Thawne also causing the Flash War, we can say he is directly/indirectly responsible for Wally's whole predicament, and because of that I would like a God-Wally and Thawne face-off in the "Finish Line" conclusion

And yes, with Didio a Harras gone, it seems a bright future await for the whole Flash Family, fingers crossed

Astonishing Member

Lol yeah it doesn't even actually absolve everything. Half of the absolutely stupid ****, I guess.

Wally West Aficionado Spider-Ham's Avatar

Until we have another explanation, let’s just pretend that the Speed Force explosion in Heroes in Crisis was the same thing that happened to Barry in The Flash #9, when Barry was controlled by Thawne and his Negative Speed Force.

It looks exactly like what happened in HiC and you can even see Kid Flash being burned by the lightning.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Ham View Post
    Until we have another explanation, let’s just pretend that the Speed Force explosion in Heroes in Crisis was the same thing that happened to Barry in The Flash #9, when Barry was controlled by Thawne and his Negative Speed Force.

It looks exactly like what happened in HiC and you can even see Kid Flash being burned by the lightning.
    It's been a minute since I've looked at it, but I thought Flash Forward at least gave a tacit reasoning for the Speed Force explosion that somewhat absolved Wally of it. Trauma of course causing a reaction in his mind and body, but trauma caused by radical timeline alteration from existential sources. The Thawne of it all, but also frankly the Doctor Manhattan of it all.

You could see Wally going all Doc M. in FF and Death Metal as being Doc Manhattan "fixing" his biggest mistake, which is ruining Wally's life. Or the universe doing it, anyway.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Ham View Post
    Oh and, I forgot, HiC is finally RetConned.

Finally.
    Okay. Now I want to read a main Flash book. (Been so darn long, too.)

Harras is gone?

Death Battle: Made me smile that one of the summaries for Wally is that Lex Luthor doesn't know who he is.
    Last edited by Kyer; 09-08-2020 at 03:49 PM.
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

Bad news. Michael Rosenbaum has cancer. Lex Luthor in Smallville and Wally West in multiple cartoons.
    https://www.comicbookmovie.com/super...cancer-a178203
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Incredible Member

It's up there with the dumbest of retcons but I mean when you consider what it was working with here. I'll take it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dornwolf View Post
    It's up there with the dumbest of retcons but I mean when you consider what it was working with here. I'll take it.
    Don't think too much about it, just enjoy it. That's the recipe of how you read retcon.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Bad news. Michael Rosenbaum has cancer. Lex Luthor in Smallville and Wally West in multiple cartoons.
    Yikes!I hope him a healthy recovery and it's found out in time. He was the best luthor. Period. He was awesome as wally as well.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    It seems like they caught it early, but even still.... Cancer is Cancer. I hope he can fight through it all. He's by all accounts a great guy and he was a great Lex and a great Wally.

on a more purely Flash related note... there really needs to be at least 2 Flash books after the next relaunch with how big the Flash Family is again.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMaker1610 View Post
    I know that this retcon doesnt cover for Wally's energy explosion at Sanctuary (which he had no control of whatsoever tbf), but at least provides a reason for his actions right afterward, which I am really fine with

Also, with Thawne also causing the Flash War, we can say he is directly/indirectly responsible for Wally's whole predicament, and because of that I would like a God-Wally and Thawne face-off in the "Finish Line" conclusion

And yes, with Didio a Harras gone, it seems a bright future await for the whole Flash Family, fingers crossed :)
    Eh, fool me once DC. We've been through this dance enough that more than likely nothing will come from it. I hope I am wrong!
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
    It seems like they caught it early, but even still.... Cancer is Cancer. I hope he can fight through it all. He's by all accounts a great guy and he was a great Lex and a great Wally.

on a more purely Flash related note... there really needs to be at least 2 Flash books after the next relaunch with how big the Flash Family is again.
    Yeah, and some members would be on teams too. Maybe go the ANAD Marvel era Captain America route and have Barry Allen: The Flash and Wally West: The Flash. Wallace and Avery would continue to serve as Barry's sidekicks. Wally would have Jai and Irey as his. Impulse should get his own book too, which would co-star Max Mercury and XS. Jesse would be on a relaunched Justice Society, and then Teen Titans and/or Young Justice could take a couple of the kids too. Wally could also be back with his Titans generation and Barry would still be in the Justice League.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

What a great, crazy, action packed issue. Happy about the retcon but not as much as I would have a year ago. Kind of lost interest in DC over the last few months.

RCO014_1599577167.jpg

So Wally pretty much saved the day and beat Thawne then. Cool.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Spectacular Member

with only 1 (technically 2) issues of Williamson's flash left, will this panel be explained? or was it just a typo.

RCO003_1588689211.jpg

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

As someone who was >< close to totally giving up on no-classic-Wally DC from 2011 to Rebirth and then > < close the year after Rebirth until Flash Forward started pulling me back further into the universe (at least as far as classic Wally West is concerned yet is still only purchasing the trades of early Wally stories):

What story/issue did that come from? Is that Thawne or someone else dressed similar to him?
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)