Page 53 of 135 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763103 ... LastLast

The Year One's were pretty fun. I liked the pulp annuals and the "legends of a dead earth" ones too.

...Did Wally have a "legends of a dead earth" annual? I don't remember it at all....
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

The pulp ones are the only ones that I remember well. Though I'm sure I have almost all of them because I think the 97 one had a cool Jay Garrick story in it.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    The Year One's were pretty fun. I liked the pulp annuals and the "legends of a dead earth" ones too.

...Did Wally have a "legends of a dead earth" annual? I don't remember it at all....
    My favorites were the Elseworld and Year ones. Those were great. The Armageddon 2001 ones were also cool. Seeing the possible alternate futures.

Yes, Wally did have a Dead Earth annual. I think it had Johnny quick in it. Havnet read it yet though.

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    The pulp ones are the only ones that I remember well. Though I'm sure I have almost all of them because I think the 97 one had a cool Jay Garrick story in it.
    The covers for the Pulp annuals were great with the painted covers. Also the different themed genres were also cool.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post

Sure did.
    It was quite a dark story too!
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    Still got to get this issue. I have the main series but dont have all the annuals.

I really liked the themed annuals DC had in the 90's. 1995's year ones were cool
    Yeah, I didn't have all the annuals either for a while. The only one I had a hard time getting a hold of was the 'Ghosts' issue (#11). The rest I tracked down pretty quick & cheap.

Just got Mark Waid’s book one on comixology, wanted to read more of Wally as Flash and Supergirl(got her silver age vol 1, it is cheesey for the 50’s/60’s but it’s fun). Always great rereading Wally’s origins personally.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    Yeah, I didn't have all the annuals either for a while. The only one I had a hard time getting a hold of was the 'Ghosts' issue (#11). The rest I tracked down pretty quick & cheap.
    Are the dead earth annuals rare? I have the other annuals from other series I collect, Superman, Green Lantern, but not the dead earth annuals from them either.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Just got Mark Waid’s book one on comixology, wanted to read more of Wally as Flash and Supergirl(got her silver age vol 1, it is cheesey for the 50’s/60’s but it’s fun). Always great rereading Wally’s origins personally.
    I like the intro pages from those trades.

RCO002_1587779841.jpg

Are the dead earth annuals rare? I have the other annuals from other series I collect, Superman, Green Lantern, but not the dead earth annuals from them either.
    I don't think they're rare at all. That said, annuals aren't as sought after I guess as the regular series issues.
    https://www.mycomicshop.com/search?TID=183541
    $2.00 for lucky Americans. (Cost me $5 here in Australia at the time)

I remember that issue.

That was such a crazy story. I think that's what cemented my Flash fandom, actually. Blew my damn mind. And Wally at the end there.....he's a little scary. Waaaay to calm.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Which issue is that? That's Oscar Jimenez art, right? It's too small to make out which story it is, though.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan Preskovsky View Post
    Which issue is that? That's Oscar Jimenez art, right? It's too small to make out which story it is, though.
    Flash #100 the end to Terminal Velocity.

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Ooh yeah, that would do it.

Truly epic stuff. Romantic too.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.