Page 10 of 135 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060110 ... LastLast
    Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

And both sported super-cool hand jewelry: Jimmy had Superman's device and Wally had a Flash ring with a secret compartment.
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Is this a jimmy or wally thread? Go figure, both of them have red hair, both were sidekicks and apparently they both transform into wierd things.
    Wally was essentially just a mashup of Dick and Jimmy when he was first introduced. Cop everything you can about the world's two biggest sidekicks.

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

Default DCU Darkness and the Dark Matter Universe

I have *big, pompous voice* A. Question.

(For the reason that I really dislike dark tragedy and horror I've not been keeping any kind of tabs on what is happening outside of Fast Forward since shortly after they removed 'Rebirth' from the covers of the DCU books. I only know what's been going on based on things heard/seen by sheer accident while looking for Wally info.)

Is the dark matter universe the foundation for the awful things that have been pervading all or nearly all the DC books since Rebirth? Batman Who Laughs, Year of the Villain and so forth? Or is it a separate issue from all the horror/dark junk going on of late?

I'm really hoping it is the latter.
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

Astonishing Member

It has been the source or otherwise related to it. Batman Who Laughs comes from the Dark Multiverse. The Dark Multiverse is connected to Snyder's new multiversal origin in Perpetua, the evil entity who created everything, and she started Year of the Villain. It'd be a case by case basis for me to say what is and is not derivative of the dark multiverse. For instance, the edgifying of Donna and Billy Batson is by BWL and thus the Dark Multiverse, but Wally becoming a depressed mass killing time travel abusing monster has not really been connected to the Dark Multiverse itself. Even though his ensuing adventures take place there.
    Last edited by Dred; 01-18-2020 at 06:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Nice. I'd be really interested in seeing a Wally/Kyle series.

Thanks Lobdell. Mad respect for telling us the truth.

Hoping we eventually see these two together again...

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

That's a nice piece of art!!

Ah, the good old days with Kyle and Wally giving each other **** in JLA watchtower while playing a ring construct Rockem Sockem robots. Those were the days!
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Wally 'Ginger' West fan

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    It has been the source or otherwise related to it. Batman Who Laughs comes from the Dark Multiverse. The Dark Multiverse is connected to Snyder's new multiversal origin in Perpetua, the evil entity who created everything, and she started Year of the Villain. It'd be a case by case basis for me to say what is and is not derivative of the dark multiverse. For instance, the edgifying of Donna and Billy Batson is by BWL and thus the Dark Multiverse, but Wally becoming a depressed mass killing time travel abusing monster has not really been connected to the Dark Multiverse itself. Even though his ensuing adventures take place there.
    Yeesh.

I'm worried that someone is going to connect Wally's 'drain plug' planet fiasco with the awfulness going on with the Darkness invading everything.... another thing to blame Wally for.

Fan Art: nice one of Kyle and Wally. I liked that friendship on par with Nightwing and Wally. Miss seeing Kyle. I could relate to him being an artist more than to the other Lanterns, plus his constructs were a blast. He wasn't even in the two-pagers in Doomsday Clock. Neither were. *sigh*

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

RCO017_1579086504.jpg

Looks like the kids are coming back.

But at least my favorite Wally costume made an appearence. Kind of looks nice with the silver.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Wally West Aficionado Spider-Ham's Avatar

Great news guys ! Previewsworld revealed The Flash #750 variant covers and, guess what ? We have two covers featuring Wally West !

https://www.previewsworld.com/Search...&q=Flash%20750

Never thought we would have THAT much love for Wally !

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    RCO017_1579086504.jpg

Looks like the kids are coming back.

But at least my favorite Wally costume made an appearence. Kind of looks nice with the silver.
    It looks better here then when Van Sciver drew it.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It looks better here then when Van Sciver drew it.
    Van Sciver was not happy drawing that. He was really focused on making Wally look "not as cool as Barry" (his words, not mine), his designs were all rejected and this one was basically done by comitee. I don't like this costume very much (mainly because of the story behind it), but I think it looked really good under Ivan Reis pencil. And it's not bad here either.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Ham View Post
    Great news guys ! Previewsworld revealed The Flash #750 variant covers and, guess what ? We have two covers featuring Wally West !

https://www.previewsworld.com/Search...&q=Flash%20750

Never thought we would have THAT much love for Wally !
    They're decade themed. So Jay appears on the 1940s one and one of Wally's. Barry is obviously on the 1950s, 60s, 70s, 80s (showing a scene from the Crisis just before he died), and 2010s ones, and Wally's are the 90s and 2000s ones, as you'd expect.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman