Page 135 of 135 FirstFirst ... 3585125131132133134135
Results 2,011 to 2,018 of 2018
    Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

I WAS going to pick up these two issues just out of morbid curiosity. Now I think I'll just them a hard pass.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    !!SPOILER WARNING!!

spoilers:
    Issue starts with team Flash stealing the Thinkers helmet. They get the helmet, but Bart dies (with a phone). It is then revealed Wally is running around the DCU killing people and stealing their speed. It apparently started with him killing Wallace at Titans Academy. Barry's facing the morel dilemma of whether he should save Wally or just kill him, he wants to save him, the others are on the lets just kill him side. Barry talks them into trying to save Wally nevertheless, they learn Wally is possessed by the horseman Famine, but Jay dies in the attempt. Issue ends with Barry deciding that ya, lets kill him. And that is why they are stealing their enemies weapons. Ends with Barry opening a door showing all the weapons they have.
    end of spoilers

Art is generic, writing is heavy handed. Not sure who the audience they are shooting for here is exactly. All they had to do was a book about FS's New Flash. But instead they went with this.
    WTF.

This is an abomination that makes Heroes In Crisis look decent.

The way I see it, Future State is DC trying to buy some time to get themselves set up for what they want to do next (I forget what they're calling it). The work on G5 was already mostly done, so it takes very little effort to polish it up, finish it off, and rebrand it as a “possible future” of the new timeline (as opposed to trying to sell it as the new status quo), letting them keep the money coming in while they develop the actual future of DC which isn't Future State.

In short, I'm not going to harsh on it; it's the last bit of bad blood from Didio's days before we can see what the post-Didio era will look like. But I'm also not going to be buying it, unless I hear some positive word of mouth about it.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

Incredible Member PennyDreadful's Avatar

At least this isn’t be passed off as some sort of statement on mental health or trauma. It’s just a tax write off for DC. Death Metal so far provides clues as to what they really have planned out for Wally.

This was something I planned to ignore the second I read the solicits. Sounds like they gave us exactly what was advertised there. What a wasted oppurtunity to push the Flash legacy forward in a meaningful way.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    !!SPOILER WARNING!!

spoilers:
    Issue starts with team Flash stealing the Thinkers helmet. They get the helmet, but Bart dies (with a phone). It is then revealed Wally is running around the DCU killing people and stealing their speed. It apparently started with him killing Wallace at Titans Academy. Barry's facing the morel dilemma of whether he should save Wally or just kill him, he wants to save him, the others are on the lets just kill him side. Barry talks them into trying to save Wally nevertheless, they learn Wally is possessed by the horseman Famine, but Jay dies in the attempt. Issue ends with Barry deciding that ya, lets kill him. And that is why they are stealing their enemies weapons. Ends with Barry opening a door showing all the weapons they have.
    end of spoilers

Art is generic, writing is heavy handed. Not sure who the audience they are shooting for here is exactly. All they had to do was a book about FS's New Flash. But instead they went with this.
    I already had low expectations for the issues just because it is by a person involved with the Young Justice cartoon, but I had a small hope that maybe it would be at least worth the price for those who want(ed) to give it a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Dataweaver View Post
    The way I see it, Future State is DC trying to buy some time to get themselves set up for what they want to do next (I forget what they're calling it). The work on G5 was already mostly done, so it takes very little effort to polish it up, finish it off, and rebrand it as a “possible future” of the new timeline (as opposed to trying to sell it as the new status quo), letting them keep the money coming in while they develop the actual future of DC which isn't Future State.

In short, I'm not going to harsh on it; it's the last bit of bad blood from Didio's days before we can see what the post-Didio era will look like. But I'm also not going to be buying it, unless I hear some positive word of mouth about it.
    This.. and in the creditis of ALL comics we still see the names like Bob Harras and others.

Happy New Year Wally fans! I hope the coming year is a good one for our boy!