Page 29 of 135 FirstFirst ... 192526272829303132333979129 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by scottylobdell View Post
    deadman332

You are quite stubborn. lol!

He does appear in 750... not a flashback.

And he appears in FCBD. Not only not a flashback, but a lynchpin at the heart of the Multiverse in a way only Wally West could. (This is not Parralax Redux as I've seen a lot of people speculating. That epic story was already told and told well.)

While I am not involved with the character after FCBD... I can assure you he is in excellent hands for his upcoming mind-boggling, heart-rending, hope-neverending adventures.

Just keep in mind: up until now, the Mobius Chair has subsumed the minds of many many people who have sat upon it.

But it has never squared off against a mind that can think faster than thought itself. Faster than the chair?

If I were a betting man... I would never bet against Wally West.
    Its a strange concept this "Hope" thing you've given me from what you've said about Wally's Future, Scott. I cant say I'm often familiar with it in regards to Wally these days
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

deadman332

And he appears in FCBD. Not only not a flashback, but a lynchpin at the heart of the Multiverse in a way only Wally West could. (This is not Parralax Redux as I've seen a lot of people speculating. That epic story was already told and told well.)

While I am not involved with the character after FCBD... I can assure you he is in excellent hands for his upcoming mind-boggling, heart-rending, hope-neverending adventures.

Just keep in mind: up until now, the Mobius Chair has subsumed the minds of many many people who have sat upon it.

But it has never squared off against a mind that can think faster than thought itself. Faster than the chair?

Honestly your post has me optimistic, thanks for taking the time to write it.

Incredible Member

While there’s one more thing that I wished Flash Forward had done, I got a feeling that the hopefully upcoming Wally arc will resolve that.

Flash forward really made me optimistic for the future. Though I think it’s final success is critical upon how DC moves with Wally going forward.

spoilers:
    I really do feel like it has to end with the west family reunited and HIC being undone. I really can’t see a solid situation beyond undoing HIC, or at least bring back Roy, the other characters were pretty much D listers.
    end of spoilers

deadman332

I want to thank you for your work with Wally in the mini-series. It was the most in character Wally we have seen since Barry has returned. I echo the sentiment of others in regards to remaining optimistic about the future of Wally. The powers that be seem to want the character to fail, simply because he is not the Flash they grew up with.
    Again, I want to thank you for the breath of fresh air that you provided in your mini-series.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

spoilers:
    Personally while I’m a little wary of the idea of Dr. Manhattan/Metron infused Wally West, especially that language of new me and content to watch, but I will admit I’m interested in what is to come with Generations from this. Also just glad that they didn’t continue the suffering of heroes in crisis and actually brought back Jai and Iris. Not sure what will be done with them but at least it didn’t make things worse.

Also very interesting that Wally apparently destroyed the Dark Multiverse infection when Death Metal is about to begin from a dark multiverse being infecting the world. Makes me wonder if Snyder has plans for Wally as well.
    end of spoilers
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    I want to thank you for your work with Wally in the mini-series. It was the most in character Wally we have seen since Barry has returned. I echo the sentiment of others in regards to remaining optimistic about the future of Wally. The powers that be seem to want the character to fail, simply because he is not the Flash they grew up with.
    Again, I want to thank you for the breath of fresh air that you provided in your mini-series.
    I second all of this
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    spoilers:
    Personally while I’m a little wary of the idea of Dr. Manhattan/Metron infused Wally West, especially that language of new me and content to watch, but I will admit I’m interested in what is to come with Generations from this. Also just glad that they didn’t continue the suffering of heroes in crisis and actually brought back Jai and Iris. Not sure what will be done with them but at least it didn’t make things worse.

Also very interesting that Wally apparently destroyed the Dark Multiverse infection when Death Metal is about to begin from a dark multiverse being infecting the world. Makes me wonder if Snyder has plans for Wally as well.
    end of spoilers
    I guess we'll find out more when Wally returns next week in #750
    Pull List:

Quote Originally Posted by Denirac View Post
    I guess we'll find out more when Wally returns next week in #750
    I hate to be the bearer of bad new but issue 750 got delayed into like the first week of April last I checked.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

deadman332

In all fairness, I'm not sure I can take any fan calling the Parallax story "epic" or "told well" seriously. But I don't even know what to think when I see a creator calling it that way though. I'm guessing Hal Jordan must be seen as quite expandable in some creators' eyes.

Either way, this was a good series, Scott. I had my reservations but you guys told a good Wally story. I'm looking forward to seeing what the future holds for the character.
    Last edited by Johnny; 02-19-2020 at 07:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I hate to be the bearer of bad new but issue 750 got delayed into like the first week of April last I checked.
    just looked, seems to be the first week of March because there's been no announced delays for the other issues
    Last edited by Denirac; 02-19-2020 at 06:57 AM.
    Pull List:

Mutant Bat on Speed Force Fuzzy Barbarian's Avatar

Wait... so are Wally's kids in Flash Forward the real deal or Dark Multiverse versions of them? spoilers:
    Legit, I thought they were Dark Multiverse creations but issue 6 has them live on Earth-0 and seems to paint it like everything's okay for Wally kids now, so... they're the original Jai and Irey?
    end of spoilers
    Favourite characters: Wally West, Dick Grayson, Cassandra Cain, Cyclops, Jay Garrick, Jamie Madrox, Stargirl, Bucky Barnes, Magik, Jon Kent, Kate Bishop, Booster Gold

Regular pulls:
    Adventureman, Cable, Fire Power, Green Lantern, Hellions, New Mutants, Thor, Vampire: The Masquerade, Venom, X-Factor, X-Men

Trade-waiting: Animosity, Black Panther, Captain America, Catwoman, Conan, Daredevil, DCeased, Detective Comics, Hawkman, Immortal Hulk, Redneck, Saga, Skyward, Snotgirl, X-Force

Wally West Aficionado Spider-Ham's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Barbarian View Post
    Wait... so are Wally's kids in Flash Forward the real deal or Dark Multiverse versions of them? spoilers:
    Legit, I thought they were Dark Multiverse creations but issue 6 has them live on Earth-0 and seems to paint it like everything's okay for Wally kids now, so... they're the original Jai and Irey?
    end of spoilers
    They are. Scott Lobdell confirmed it few weeks ago. Being taken in the Dark Multiverse protected them from the Flashpoint.

Quote Originally Posted by Denirac View Post
    just looked, seems to be the first week of March because there's been no announced delays for the other issues
    Yeah I took a closer look, an article I read appears to be a typo that said April instead of March or something. Never mind.
    Words to live by.

Mutant Bat on Speed Force Fuzzy Barbarian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Ham View Post
    They are. Scott Lobdell confirmed it few weeks ago. Being taken in the Dark Multiverse protected them from the Flashpoint.
    Oh thank God.

I believe you, but can I get some citation on that?
    Favourite characters: Wally West, Dick Grayson, Cassandra Cain, Cyclops, Jay Garrick, Jamie Madrox, Stargirl, Bucky Barnes, Magik, Jon Kent, Kate Bishop, Booster Gold

Regular pulls:
    Adventureman, Cable, Fire Power, Green Lantern, Hellions, New Mutants, Thor, Vampire: The Masquerade, Venom, X-Factor, X-Men

Trade-waiting: Animosity, Black Panther, Captain America, Catwoman, Conan, Daredevil, DCeased, Detective Comics, Hawkman, Immortal Hulk, Redneck, Saga, Skyward, Snotgirl, X-Force

Wally West Aficionado Spider-Ham's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Barbarian View Post
    Oh thank God.

I believe you, but can I get some citation on that?
    Here you go !

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...88#post4785088