Page 59 of 135 FirstFirst ... 94955565758596061626369109 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by deadman322 View Post
    expectations remain low.
    This! But it was nice to see Jay, Max, and Jesse in the photo that Williamson teased on his twitter.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

I'll pick up Speed Metal with my fingers (and toes) crossed.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Wally's in Speed Metal and has a Big Role in Death Metal because of Doctor Manhattan's role
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

Spectacular Member

we dont know if wally actually has a big role in death metal. all we know is that he's in it, for all we know it could be to the same extent as his involvement in doomsday clock.

Quote Originally Posted by deadman322 View Post
    we dont know if wally actually has a big role in death metal. all we know is that he's in it, for all we know it could be to the same extent as his involvement in doomsday clock.
    He's in Death Metal and Starring in a Tie In.
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Denirac View Post
    He's in Death Metal and Starring in a Tie In.
    yeh i know he's in death metal, i was doubting how big a role he actually plays in that story. and as for speed metal, he's more than likely just a side character with the focus being on barry.

Between the sacking of Didio and the Covid shutdown postponing the release of things, it's entirely possible that when and if Death Metal gets published, Wally will have a significant and positive role in it.

At this point, anything's possible.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

Quote Originally Posted by Dataweaver View Post
    Between the sacking of Didio and the Covid shutdown postponing the release of things, it's entirely possible that when and if Death Metal gets published, Wally will have a significant and positive role in it.

At this point, anything's possible.
    Snyder said Death Metal got a lot bigger after Dan and the Covid Situation, and the plans for Tynion to leave Batman are off, according to Bleeding Cool, they paid off John Ripley and the Team involved in 5G Batman for the Work done but it wont be published
    Pull List:

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Denirac View Post
    Snyder said Death Metal got a lot bigger after Dan and the Covid Situation, and the plans for Tynion to leave Batman are off, according to Bleeding Cool, they paid off John Ripley and the Team involved in 5G Batman for the Work done but it wont be published
    now that's a bit of a bummer. The work could at least be repurposed and released as a Black Label book.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

As much as I want to see Wally West returned to the DCU as the Flash - things will have to change a bit.
    Barry in Central, Wally in Keystone.
    Wally back to working in the Keystone City PD garage.
    I'm thinking a return by Chyre and Morillo would also be a welcome addition.
    Then get all the new Rogues and villains and give them back to Wally.
    Girder, Blaquesmith, Magenta, Peek A Boo, Zoom, Savitar, Replicant, Razor, Tar Pit, Brother Grimm, Double Down etc.
    Drop the current Kid Flash inspired suit and get back into the darker burgundy coloured suit with the full cowl.
    Balancing wife, kids, job and heroing - he's the Flash, he can make the time!
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

For what it's worth, just changing the cowl of the current costume (to enclose his hair) would be enough to drop the Kid Flash look. Mind you, I don't mind keeping it; to me, Wally's Flash suits from post-Crisis and post-Flash: Rebirth are too easy to mistake for Barry's costume, and vice versa. the Kid Flash inspired costume has the virtue of being instantly recognizable, and of paying homage 2 both Wally's time as Kid Flash and his time as the Flash.

but seeing as hell that costume is associated with a time in his life where he was constantly being treated as if he was still Kid Flash, I can understand the arguments to change the costume again. I would just want something a little more radical than a modified version of berries costume. I wouldn't want him to use the Walter West dark Flash costume from the late 90s, but that does illustrate how the general theme can be capped well modified to be instantly recognizable as different.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

Quick question. How is Wally's son Jai's name pronounced?

I always thought he was named after Jay Garrick and it was pronounced like "Jay".

But I've heard some pronounce it like "j-eye" .

How do you guys say it?

Astonishing Member

It’s pronounced the same as Jay Garrick’s name.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Midnighter View Post
    Quick question. How is Wally's son Jai's name pronounced?

I always thought he was named after Jay Garrick and it was pronounced like "Jay".

But I've heard some pronounce it like "j-eye" .

How do you guys say it?
    Wally named his son after Jay Garrick. I always imagined his name is pronounced that way. Same as Iris.

The different spelling is obviously for a slightly Korean bent to it and, honestly, so it would read differently in text. Even if they sound the same, when you read Jai and Jay you can differentiate the two. Which is likely why Iris is more often called Irey in her brief existence, just so there's no confusion when her and Iris I share a room.

Astonishing Member

http://www.titanstower.com/jai-and-iris-west/

Wally and Linda’s twin children were born in Flash #225 in 2005, but it wasn’t until All Flash #1 in 2007 that their names were revealed!

Mark Waid on naming the twins: “Yeah, let’s talk about [the names of the twins] for a second. Because that came to us via Alan Brennert. [Writer of quite a few Batman and Secret Origins stories in the 80s, later an Emmy award-winning writer and Producer for LA Law]. Alan is a good friend of mine, and he’d done a lot of research into Korean names and culture for one of his novels. And we were just talking one day at the comic shop about how I needed a name for the boy. “Iris” was a given, but I didn’t want to name the kid “Barry”, or “Bart” again, because I think there’s a limit to the number of Barry’s the Flash universe should be having. And it was him who came up with Jai (pronounced, “Jay”) as an authentic Korean name. So, perfect. I wanted one name to be from Wally’s side of the family and one from Linda’s, and the fact that we were able to settle on one that paid homage to both sides of the family is great.”