Page 35 of 135 FirstFirst ... 253132333435363738394585 ... LastLast

I've just gone through and deleted a bunch of posts that related to a somewhat ... ghoulish and disappointing branch of discussion.
    Creators are people.
    Like them or not, don't laugh at their changes of circumstances.
    Refer to work, not people.
    "Let me guess. My theories appall you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters, and you don't like my tie!"
    @Matt_of_Geek
    Now writing at The Atomic Junk Shop

CBR Community Standards and Rules

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

images.png
    O.G. Wally.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    I've just gone through and deleted a bunch of posts that related to a somewhat ... ghoulish and disappointing branch of discussion.
    Creators are people.
    Well maybe you should also give it a look at the thread that spreads false rumors by neonazis?

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Creators are people.
    It is rather curious that only this thread was visited and had comments deleted, that in some cases were more tame than in the threads actually about Didio being fired.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

EHMGaFbVUAAz-u1.jpg

A bunch of cool versions of Wally.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by Waterfall View Post
    Well maybe you should also give it a look at the thread that spreads false rumors by neonazis?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    It is rather curious that only this thread was visited and had comments deleted, that in some cases were more tame than in the threads actually about Didio being fired.
    I may get warned and/or banned because of this, but I prefer to be upfront about it:

About a week ago I had a warning here (dunno if it was a reported post or not) for calling someone out on their BS. I replied to said warning saying that this thread needed a watchful eye (and let's be honest, it does). This may be the reason mods are overzealous: so, if needing to throw stones, throw them at me (DM is open), mods are just doing their job.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

Quote Originally Posted by Waterfall View Post
    Okay, now I'm curious. Which spreads rumors by neoNazis? For that matter, what is the current definition for 'neoNazis' as the old one referred to people who followed or lauded Adolf Hitler of 1930-40's infamy?

Or maybe we should keep such stuff to the actual political thread rather than here where all I want is to see and hear about news concerning the fictional original Wally West with some sideroutes on his (also fictional) friends and non-fictional creator/writers.

What's the most up-to-date expectation for the release of a comic book trade of Fast Forward? I haven't been buying anything but 'old' Flash reprints so am out-of-touch on the time allowed between the last floppy and an actual trade compilation being made ready for purchase.
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    EHMGaFbVUAAz-u1.jpg

No Walter West?

I am the disappoint.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Wally West Aficionado Spider-Ham's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kyer View Post
    the most up-to-date expectation for the release of a comic book trade of Fast Forward?
    The Flash Forward TBP will be available on 05/27.

I hope you will like it as much as we did here !

EHMGaFbVUAAz-u1.jpg

Wally at his best .

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    No Walter West?

I am the disappoint.
    You asked for it you got it. Lol.

k7UHzvB.jpg

I know it's not Walter West but Wally in a Walter esque suit. A pretty cool one at that.

You asked for it you got it. Lol.

k7UHzvB.jpg

I know it's not Walter West but Wally in a Walter esque suit. A pretty cool one at that.
    Bwahahaha! Close enough!

Man, I really wish they'd just put Wally in a slightly brighter version of Walter's suit. The "lightning over the shoulder" design is unique but evokes a bit of Jay Garrick, who was a big part of Wally's life for a time. It still looks like "the Flash" but is very distinctive from Barry. And the cowl doesn't remind me of Kid Flash. The cowl Wally has now really, really irks me for some reason. I do not like having reminders of Kid Flash in his costume, it makes it seem like Wally can't quite move on from his sidekick days.....it's like how they treat Nightwing, and I don't like it.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Bwahahaha! Close enough!

Man, I really wish they'd just put Wally in a slightly brighter version of Walter's suit. The "lightning over the shoulder" design is unique but evokes a bit of Jay Garrick, who was a big part of Wally's life for a time. It still looks like "the Flash" but is very distinctive from Barry. And the cowl doesn't remind me of Kid Flash. The cowl Wally has now really, really irks me for some reason. I do not like having reminders of Kid Flash in his costume, it makes it seem like Wally can't quite move on from his sidekick days.....it's like how they treat Nightwing, and I don't like it.
    I have to agree. As much as I love to see Wally's hair (well, when it is done by an artist who knows how to draw hair) what I find irksome in the cowl is the top hem. It is so straight and high it puts his hair towards a mohawk and that is one hairstyle that I've never thought looked good on anyone at anytime anywhere in history.

Btw, thank you, Spider-Ham for the date. I'll start keeping an eye out for pre-orders at my stores of choice. Pretty sure I'll enjoy most of it. (Past the prologue dealing with HIC. No way am I going to enjoy seeing that hot mess again even in a Reader's Digest Condensed Version.) Wait a minute.... This is coming out within a week of Waid's latest trade reprint? Also Baron's? Better start adding to the May fund!
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

I swear we fans are the only ones who remember Walter and his costume. It'd have been pretty damn great if Wally had taken that look when Barry returned. I mean, the new costume is fine, I guess, even if it does make Wally look like he never quite moved on from being a sidekick, but Walter's costume was great, and given the particulars of Walter's history it'd have been pretty damn poignant.

~ Black Panther.

Wally West Aficionado Spider-Ham's Avatar

Wally's story in The Flash #750 leaked :

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2020/02...erse-spoilers/

This is glorious. I just can't wait ...