Quote Originally Posted by Dataweaver View Post
For what it's worth, just changing the cowl of the current costume (to enclose his hair) would be enough to drop the Kid Flash look. Mind you, I don't mind keeping it; to me, Wally's Flash suits from post-Crisis and post-Flash: Rebirth are too easy to mistake for Barry's costume, and vice versa. the Kid Flash inspired costume has the virtue of being instantly recognizable, and of paying homage 2 both Wally's time as Kid Flash and his time as the Flash.

but seeing as hell that costume is associated with a time in his life where he was constantly being treated as if he was still Kid Flash, I can understand the arguments to change the costume again. I would just want something a little more radical than a modified version of berries costume. I wouldn't want him to use the Walter West dark Flash costume from the late 90s, but that does illustrate how the general theme can be capped well modified to be instantly recognizable as different.
If it weren't for Wally's treatment since Barry's return I'd be fine with the current costume. But yeah, he's been treated as less than a sidekick since then and the costume bearing a similarity to the Kid Flash suit rubs me wrong on every level.

Just put him in the Walter West suit like everybody seems to want; it's different enough to make him distinct, it originates from Wally's time as Flash, it's a suit *a* Wally wore....it's also a better, cleaner design (in my opinion). It's just superior in every way. And I'd rather have a suit that reminds me of the Waid era than a suit that reminds me that Wally will always be below Barry in terms of relevance and importance both in DC's offices and the DCU.