Page 55 of 135 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965105 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    There are some other Reverse-Flash plot threads still dangling too - his appearance in the Rebirth one-shot (where he seemingly killed another kid's mother and framed the father), his corrupting influence over Barry in #9 and the recent reveal that he was the one who ruined Hunter Zolomon's life.
    There is no way he’s going to address Hunter plot without Wally being involved. He clearly threw that plot in to make it up for using Zoom outside of Wally West frame.

Then again if Wally learnt the truth, would he bother trying to save Thawne? Weird stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    To be honest, I never even noticed the logo thing .
    I was in the process of repainting some flash toys to make some customs... and something about the reversed symbol just seemed... wrong. Took me a while to figure out what it was. but yeah, my favorite classic Thawne stories always had the lightning going the 'standard' way.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    I was in the process of repainting some flash toys to make some customs... and something about the reversed symbol just seemed... wrong. Took me a while to figure out what it was. but yeah, my favorite classic Thawne stories always had the lightning going the 'standard' way.
    Does someone know why Kid Flash in NEW52 also had the REVERSE LIGHTNING Symbol?

Wally West Aficionado Spider-Ham's Avatar

Don’t know if you guys saw this but I thought you might like this video :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RoG-...ture=emb_title

Seeing Mark Waid talking about Wally during this lockdown is more than welcomed.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Ham View Post

Seeing Mark Waid talking about Wally during this lockdown is more than welcomed.
    I saw it, was really surprised i thought waid and dc don't get along anymore.i wonder if Didio being gone has something to do with this.

Wally West Aficionado Spider-Ham's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    i wonder if Didio being gone has something to do with this.
    This is exactly what I thought ... Well, let's hope this is a sign of a better tomorrow for us, Wally fans ^^'

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Ham View Post

This video is amazing. He seems like such a smart and nice guy.

Just recently I reread Waid's run from Wieringo first issue to the end of the Savitar arc.

So f-ing good.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Waterfall View Post
    There is no way he’s going to address Hunter plot without Wally being involved. He clearly threw that plot in to make it up for using Zoom outside of Wally West frame.

Then again if Wally learnt the truth, would he bother trying to save Thawne? Weird stuff.
    I really hope Williamson gets the chance to bring Wally back into the pages of The Flash, he clearly wants to. Out of everyone who's written Wally since Rebirth, he's the one who "gets" the character the most.

I just hope that whatever happens, they undo the damage of Heroes in Crisis.

I was always fine with Wally going through difficult times and having obstacles to overcome - that's drama, that's conflict, that's story. Throughout it all, Wally was still Wally. But Heroes in Crisis had him do heinous things for unjustifiable reasons. It was Emerald Twilight levels of character assassination, and needs a response on the level of Green Lantern Rebirth. Without one, I don't see how there can be any turning back. It would be incredibly irresponsible to just "forgive and forget" or pretend it never happened.

I really want Josh Williamson to pull a rabbit out of a hat where the whole thing is concerned, because it would really suck if his Flash run - which began with Barry and Wally being reunited - ended with a status quo where Wally committed atrocities.

Astonishing Member

Emerald Twilight was at least written in a way that could be conceivable for Hal Jordan. It was the worst take possible but Hal Jordan, the man without fear who believes he can do anything, going to extremes that will result in all the bad things he plans on doing being undone is at least somehow, slightly justifiable. If you can really sell that Jordan truly believed the terrible things he was doing would be undone.

Wally, though, jesus. The things he did were justified by doing something else awful and evil. That Tom King apparently thought was a good thing. Way worse, from a character driving perspective, than even Emerald Twilight. If similarly damning of him as a hero.

Fantastic Member

It would be incredibly irresponsible to just "forgive and forget" or pretend it never happened.
    This is pretty much what they've done so far.

His role in the deaths is acknowledged and mentioned as an accident. But everything else has mostly been swept under the rug. We haven't had many, but all of the other character reactions we've gotten are along the lines of feeling sorry for Wally because he didn't mean it. That seems to be how King and DC want fans to look at it.

I really want Josh Williamson to pull a rabbit out of a hat where the whole thing is concerned, because it would really suck if his Flash run - which began with Barry and Wally being reunited - ended with a status quo where Wally committed atrocities.
    Williamson mentioned he has a scene with Barry/Wally he wants to do, but it won't be for a while and there's really no plans to tie-in with what Wally's been through. So Snyder would seem to be the best bet for a fix with Death Metal 2.

Incredible Member PennyDreadful's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rend20 View Post

His role in the deaths is acknowledged and mentioned as an accident. But everything else has mostly been swept under the rug. We haven't had many, but all of the other character reactions we've gotten are along the lines of feeling sorry for Wally because he didn't mean it. That seems to be how King and DC want fans to look at it.

Williamson mentioned he has a scene with Barry/Wally he wants to do, but it won't be for a while and there's really no plans to tie-in with what Wally's been through. So Snyder would seem to be the best bet for a fix with Death Metal 2.
    Where did Williamson say this?

With the current status quo change at DC, it looks like 5G is being reworked. Wonder if Death Metal will fulfill that purpose?

It seems, in-universe, as if they have avoided acknowledging HiC for the most part and just moving past it. The attempt at another Identity Crisis-type event backfired badly. I agree that the best thing to do is fix and retcon the whole thing as soon as possible. Then drop it and pretend it never happened.
    Last edited by PennyDreadful; 05-09-2020 at 08:35 PM.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

I really do have a long standing man crush on Mark Waid....
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rend20 View Post

That was Scott Lobdell's take on it too. I find it abhorrent and irresponsible, along with the story's treatment of mental health issues in general. Someone can't accidentally kill his friends and colleagues, mutilate the corpses and tamper with the crime scene to frame people, then release tapes of his peers' private counselling sessions, then attempt suicide, and just go back to business as usual after a roaring adventure and saying "my bad, I feel happier now".

He can't go back to being a super-hero after that. He can't go back to palling around with the Justice League and Titans after that. He can't go back to being a happy family man after that. To say otherwise would just be irresponsible - these stories and characters are about nothing, there are no lessons or moral underpinnings, actions don't have consequences, Superman can decapitate a kindergartner, feel bad about it for a month, then get over it.

Fantastic Member

That was Scott Lobdell's take on it too. I find it abhorrent and irresponsible, along with the story's treatment of mental health issues in general. Someone can't accidentally kill his friends and colleagues, mutilate the corpses and tamper with the crime scene to frame people, then release tapes of his peers' private counselling sessions, then attempt suicide, and just go back to business as usual after a roaring adventure and saying "my bad, I feel happier now".
    I don't disagree.

But King was consistently talking about how HiC was going to elevate Wally and shine a spotlight on a character "he loved" going forward. That was the so called point of HiC from a Wally perspective. We're supposed to view it as Wally made mistakes because he "wasn't thinking right" and find him sympathetic because there's strength in vulnerability.

Then Wally was "built back up" at the end thanks to his pep talk with himself and him accepting responsibility for his actions. And now nobody (fans & writers) really wants to deal with the aftermath in any real way.

I mean Flash Forward was kind of a way of dealing with it, maybe not head on since it was mostly a multiverse story but it was still about Wally’s mind set afterwards and the guilt he feels over it to the point where he fueled a planet of dark multiverse energy to where he had to give himself up for that.

I don’t know it’s hard to say, as now we have to wait and see what Wally does in Death Metal, I’m assuming he will have a big role to play with his Manhattan powers.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.