Page 12 of 135 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262112 ... LastLast
    Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

Whelp...
    If I do ever end up getting this book I'll look for the 1940's Jay Garrick cover. I like Jay. It doesn't feature villains.
    Somehow I doubt that will be the feature cover on a trade though.

The 'Wally' picture still looks like he has aqua-blue eyes under maybe ginger hair. Early days of eye color snafus aside, blue eyes yell 'Barry' like golden eyes were Bart.

Beginning: "The Flash Age"! The story we've been building toward since issue #50 comes to a head! While a supercharged Speed Force wreaks havoc on Barry Allen's life, a new threat appears on the horizon in the form of the deadly Paradox. Destined to destroy the Flash's legacy, Paradox sends his herald, Godspeed, to trap the Flash family! Plus, in this special anniversary issue: tales from across the generations of super-speedsters by an all-star lineup of writers and artists!
    Bold Print Urg. That bit is giving me flashbacks of when we first saw the ads for Flashpoint and were as yet hopefully naive on where that story was heading for The Flash Family.
    Last edited by Kyer; 01-23-2020 at 06:43 PM.
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    The Mattina cover literally looks like a cover he would've made in the past few years for The Flash, man. On Wally's most important decade. Whereas Barry gets some of his most major landmarks referenced with a Crisis dedicated cover and a Flash of Two Worlds cover.
    The 1990s cover is bad, and doesn't reflect anything from Flash history. My post was about the 2000s cover, which is accurate to the era.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyer View Post
    The 'Wally' picture still looks like he has aqua-blue eyes under maybe ginger hair. Early days of eye color snafus aside, blue eyes yell 'Barry' like golden eyes were Bart.
    The 2000s cover? They're green.
    Last edited by Lee; 01-23-2020 at 06:42 PM.

Astonishing Member

When Wally only gets two covers to span his entire history you think they'd get more out of it than...I dunno, Murmur and Tar Pit, right? There's a lot more important and legendary stuff that happened besides the Rogues who might not even make the top 10 for any era.

Astonishing Member

The Geoff Johns/Scott Kolins/Howard Porter run was the most significant of the 2000-2009 decade, well remembered for revamping the Flash's Rogues' Gallery. This cover is reflective of that.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Yes, the Wally covers are underwhelming.

I'm more interested in knowing if BC is right and Flash 750 will be a big deal for something Wally-centric.

Honestly, I found the "Robin 80 years" covers way more thought out. There's even one with Steph!
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

80 Years of Flash by Jose Luis Molestina

Wow

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheImperfectFlash View Post

Wow

Now, this is a tribute.

It's frustrating and shameful. Robin covers show exactly how to do a tribute. I was certain it was going to suck the moment Mattina was announced because I strongly believe his artistic skills are very very limited.

When Wally only gets two covers to span his entire history you think they'd get more out of it than...I dunno, Murmur and Tar Pit, right? There's a lot more important and legendary stuff that happened besides the Rogues who might not even make the top 10 for any era.
    Lee doesn't even reference to Hunter, who was clearly more important than Murmur in Johns run. All Wally variants are done half-assedly. And now what? They want us to believe they planned something good for Wally?

I'm done with this crap.

Astonishing Member

I'm almost certain the Mattina cover is literally just a discarded or on the shelf variant for the regular comic that they'd already commissioned because they didn't want to pay to actually have a good Wally cover there.

The Lee one isn't bad though I will say it's pretty freaking uninspired for 3 covers to be Rogues laden with absolutely trivial amounts of actual supporting cast. But DC not giving a **** about The Flash family is no surprise.

Or any family. No Cassie or Donna on Wonder Woman's #750 covers (they're only mentioned in the AU Bombshells story too), and Jason and Damian didn't get covers to themselves on the Robin special.

Wow

Wow indeed. Can you name all the characters? I only recognise a dozen or so.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 01-24-2020 at 09:04 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Wow

That's amazing.

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

I'm almost certain the Mattina cover is literally just a discarded or on the shelf variant for the regular comic that they'd already commissioned because they didn't want to pay to actually have a good Wally cover there.

The Lee one isn't bad though I will say it's pretty freaking uninspired for 3 covers to be Rogues laden with absolutely trivial amounts of actual supporting cast. But DC not giving a **** about The Flash family is no surprise.
    Agreed.
    (And I'm still seeing aqua-blue on those 2000's eyes. Must be my monitor although I can clearly tell the dif between aqua and green even in the above icon options for commenting? Maybe it is an Abracadabra trick. Will take everyone's word that they are actually green.)

That Tribute pic is awesome. I have no idea who most of the back half of them are.
    Is it me or is Wallace's eyes closed for some reason?
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Or any family. No Cassie or Donna on Wonder Woman's #750 covers (they're only mentioned in the AU Bombshells story too), and Jason and Damian didn't get covers to themselves on the Robin special.

Wow indeed. Can you name all the characters? I only recognise a dozen or so.
    Wally West
    Jay Garrick
    Barry Allen
    Bart Allen
    Wallace West
    Max Mercury
    Eobard Thawne
    Jesse Quick
    Savitar
    Daniel West
    Johnny Quick
    Black Flash
    Lady Savage/Flash/Savitar (LOOONG story...)
    Hunter Zolomon
    Jenni Ognatz
    Walter West
    John Fox
    Tornado Twins
    Speed Demon
    Mopee
    Fastback (Zoo Crew)
    Fastbak
    Godspeed
    Iris and Jai West
    Avery Ho
    Red Death
    Kingdom Come Wally West
    Black Racer
    Just Imagine... Flash
    White Martian speedster - Morrison's first JLA story arc
    Tangent Flash
    Speed Metal
    Capitalist Couriers
    Blue Trinity
    Rival
    Speed Demon
    Captain Boomerang Jnr
    Jace Allen
    Blaine Allen
    Cheetah
    Trajectory???
    Bizarro Flash
    Circle of Fire Flash
    Kingdom Come Kid Flash (Iris)
    Mercury
    Joanie Swift
    Doralla Kon
    Inertia
    Captain Speed (top right corner)
    Flash (History of DC Universe Crisis Special)
    Earth 2 Johnny Quick
    Sela Allen
    The Flash with the red goggles out the back is also from Chain Lightning. His name escapes me though dammit!

I'm still missing a few...
    Last edited by married guy; 01-24-2020 at 07:35 PM.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    So...surprise in a good way?