Page 117 of 135 FirstFirst ... 1767107113114115116117118119120121127 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,755 of 2018
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I mean, I don't think it's in-depth but I think there's enough of an established sense of the Speed Force's mechanics from what I've read/seen.

There's some consistency within each writers run's maybe, but writers have wildly varying idea's of what the Speed Force is and how it should work so one writers Speed Force might feel totally different than another's.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    Fun Wally is fun .

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I mean, I don't think it's in-depth but I think there's enough of an established sense of the Speed Force's mechanics from what I've read/seen.
    With Waid's run I always read it as sentient power source connected to all DC speedsters which also acted as a speedster version of the Elysian Fields/afterlife.
    Nice simple explanation which works well enough without having to try & dive in and explain every machination.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    With Waid's run I always read it as sentient power source connected to all DC speedsters which also acted as a speedster version of the Elysian Fields/afterlife.
    Nice simple explanation which works well enough without having to try & dive in and explain every machination.
    Yes that is perfect. Keep it as vague as that. People studying it, going back and forth from it constantly, hanging and have conversations in there. No thank you.

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    Yep. That had been my interpretation as well. Like the actual name of The Doctor of Doctor Who, they should never actually state the particulars. Mystery has its charms.
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kyer View Post
    Yep. That had been my interpretation as well. Like the actual name of The Doctor of Doctor Who, they should never actually state the particulars. Mystery has its charms.
    Exactly!!!
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyer View Post
    Yup I agree as well.

This was always going to happen. Ever since Flash Rebirth. I know people love saying there is room for 2 Flashes. "they can make 2 Flash books work". There are room for 2 main Flashes and they could have made two books work. But they were never going to and they never will. I don't care what Geoff Johns said at the time. Wally was always going to be doomed by not being the main Flash. He will always be the disposable one. The one who gets treated poorly. When Barry Allen came back Wally West became the redundant Flash in DC's eyes.
    Well the solution is simple isnt it, give WW a new name, problem solved. Why does DC love to keep spinning the wheels..., this is negatively affecting both Wally and Barry. [Just like the whole 2 Wallys thing, but thats for another time...] Give Wally a new codename and be done with it.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by HunterX View Post
    Well the solution is simple isnt it, give WW a new name, problem solved.
    Except not really.

Wally's problem isn't sharing the same alias as Barry, it's him being a second speedster where DC only wants to push one. Even with a name change, his situation is the exact same at best while his history has been dumped on. The character only loses with a name change as this isn't a Nightwing situation where the Bat Family gets multiple books.
    Last edited by Rend20; 10-23-2020 at 10:53 AM.

Incredible Member PennyDreadful's Avatar

Hasn't it already been resolved that both Wally and Barry are Flashes? As well as Jay and Avery?

Quote Originally Posted by PennyDreadful View Post
    Hasn't it already been resolved that both Wally and Barry are Flashes? As well as Jay and Avery?
    Yeah, DC just has to do a better job of featuring and using characters not named Barry.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rend20 View Post
    Except not really.

Wally's problem isn't sharing the same alias as Barry, it's him being a second speedster where DC only wants to push one. Even with a name change, his situation is the exact same at best while his history has been dumped on. The character only loses with a name change as this isn't a Nightwing situation where the Bat Family gets multiple books.
    Except, the only one who thinks like that is Dan Didio, DC was never averse to multi-character naming even with non Bat titles. Green Lanterns are proof of that, Jay too, for 2 decades after his comeback post-crisis, I recommend you should read Johns and Waid runs to know the character you hate so much better. Theres more than enough space to multiple of them (as proof by the many good writers doing it already) and a post-spiderverse world takes away the crossmedia excuse. He will only be treated poorly if a corrupt and petty executive gets his way and that it, its not some mythical inevitability that actual readers would or should accept, and never will. And the best solution to avoid this "nightmare" that is having multiple flashes to Dan Didio would be.... not bringing Barry back, because really no one asked for it back then, he had to steal every single concept and personality trait from his own nephew to remain there, plus a try-hard enforcing against his legacy members, plus said nephey already being well-stabilished in cartoons and pop culture at the time and almost getting into the Miller Movie, into his own movie and into that game project in the 00s. Iits a self made "problem" and even then not even an actual problem as is, so trying to use that pathetic, sad excuse to step on a character everyone likes but you won't be tricking anyone, reality itself disproves your claims of it being some inevitability.

Indeed, managing multiple characters for a big deal name is quite simple and many good writers have already done just that, provided they have the creative liberty to do so (that troll is probably unaware of the years of Jay and Alan living in the same earth as Wally and Hal, John, Guy and Kyle too). Its either a troll who has started comics very recently and is feigning agression against the unknown for him, instead of checking out the decades worth of older stuff, or Dan Didio showed off his cbr account, because we all know he posts here, all that pettiness and power abuse goota blow off somewhere.

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

Wally doesn't need a new gig name any more than Barry did when he discovered Jay was alive. None of them copyrighted 'Flash'.

What Wally does need is his friends back and I don't just mean The Titans. (Anyone else remember when DC52 brought back Chunk as a child? I was irate.)
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

I thought so too but some people are just gonna go on and on about this. Nothing you can do. Maybe they should write their own stories to be satisfied. I've had characters I liked get really screwed or made silly. Ain't gonna blow a vein about it since I don't write the scripts. Just like I'm sick of the Iris overdose. Its annoying and a crutch, like editorial is shoving pre crisis down our throats. I see the new team is off and running with more Iris, too...and she makes a comment about a 'ring on her finger'. Aww...isn't that CUUUUUUUUTE *barf* Its turning into a 60s sitcom. But since I like the main character (who isn't Iris, btw) I try to just ignore the parts that irritate me. I also got sick of 'identical dime a dozen' speedsters and the 'forces' nonsense. Next thing you know there will be Supermen from worlds of blue suns, green suns, purple suns, etc, etc. You know, the rainbow lantern thing!

Williamson had a good run, but Twitter is just a gush fest of love for anything and everything he did.
    Last edited by BooCoo; 10-26-2020 at 06:48 AM.
    Professional KoOk, available nine days a week.