Page 79 of 135 FirstFirst ... 296975767778798081828389129 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,185 of 2018
    Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Wally gathering and leading the Flash family. Awesome.

20200621_165631.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    Wally gathering and leading the Flash family. Awesome.

20200621_165631.jpg
    Awesome to see the family together! Jesse looks great (and still not wearing pants) .

That's because they're just using one of her old designs. You should be worried about them giving her pants. The TV version did - and the rest of the costume was also completely different (domino mask instead of a visor, a Flash logo and not her own emblem).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Honestly I prefer Jesse Quick as Liberty Belle, I thought it was a better costume and I liked her and Rick as a married couple.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Honestly I prefer Jesse Quick as Liberty Belle, I thought it was a better costume and I liked her and Rick as a married couple.
    Same. They were very good together!

Astonishing Member

I think it's cool that she's both. When she's hanging out with the JSA, she throws on the Liberty Belle costume. When she's hanging out in Keystone with the rest of the Flash fam she throws on her Jesse Quick duds!

She's got super speed so costume changes are easy.

I liked Jesse with the JSA but I think she's ultimately more of a Flash Family character, so her identity should reflect that...I mean, even "Jesse Quick" is honoring her father, although it's nice to have her honor her mom too.

I hope they don't forget her relationship with Rick though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    That's because they're just using one of her old designs. You should be worried about them giving her pants. The TV version did - and the rest of the costume was also completely different (domino mask instead of a visor, a Flash logo and not her own emblem).
    I kind of doubt the comics will take much influence from the show. Even her costume there was just repurposed from Trajectory.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Sorry, prefer her Jesse Quick costume. I wasn't a fan of the Liberty Belle change.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    I will believe it when i see it.
    Considering the first issue was almost entirely from Diana's perspective, we're already seeing it.
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    I think it's cool that she's both. When she's hanging out with the JSA, she throws on the Liberty Belle costume. When she's hanging out in Keystone with the rest of the Flash fam she throws on her Jesse Quick duds! She's got super speed so costume changes are easy.
    That's actually a great idea for her. And I like the Liberty Belle costume better as well. Blue and Yellow is such a great combo. How many characters uses two different identities at the same time? That could be her niche.

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    Sorry, prefer her Jesse Quick costume. I wasn't a fan of the Liberty Belle change.
    Same here, I definitely prefer has as Jesse Quick.

Quote Originally Posted by Alphaxman View Post
    That's actually a great idea for her. And I like the Liberty Belle costume better as well. Blue and Yellow is such a great combo. How many characters uses two different identities at the same time? That could be her niche.
    Not many, and I can't think of any at DC (Mal Duncan has multiple identities, but I'm sure he only used one at a time). There's Hawkeye over at Marvel, who is also Ronin (read Hawkeye Freefall!). And Hank Pym, when he first took on the Giant-Man identity, was also still Ant-Man - which was also the case on the Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes cartoon.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Interview with Didio on why he hated Wally and Dick.

NRAMA:You drew a fair amount of fan heat for being the guy who theoretically hated Dick Grayson or Wally West. Is this indeed the case? Or was it just pro wrestling, drawing heel heat?

DiDio: A lot of it was for show. It was theater. We used to do the conventions and we used to have people worked up about Dick Grayson and Wally West, so we fed into that energy. Anytime I go to a convention and we talk about character, I consider that a win.

So much of the conversation nowadays is not about character or story anymore, which is a shame, because that's the only conversation that should be taking place.

For me, Wally West was a core concept issue. My problem with Wally was that his origin was always dependent on [his uncle and previous Flash] Barry Allen. He was never his own character. He was always going to be subservient to Barry in some way because his origin was determined by Barry. There was always a Flash in front of him and his powers were because of him. I always felt, as a true Flash, if we were trying to get to the simplest form with regards to media and things like that, we had to go back to Barry because the story starts with him.

With [original Robin] Dick Grayson — and this is the same with Wally — people loved them because they aged with them, so they feel this affinity that these guys have grown up with them. The problem is that much like Batman and Superman, now Dick Grayson and Wally West have to stop aging, because they're going to pass their mentors. Dick Grayson's going to get older than Bruce Wayne at some point, because Bruce doesn't age and Dick Grayson's going to be the older guy if he does keep growing up. Therefore, those things constantly force the reboots that we're faced with, because it creates these log jams and these multiple interpretations of characters all sharing the same name.

Ultimately, in my mind, we kept on collapsing our timelines and created confusion about how long certain characters were in certain roles, and what they did in those roles. For me, with Dick Grayson, the issue wasn't about the fact that I didn't like the character. In fact, when I said we should kill Dick Grayson, it was purely story driven.
    Last edited by WallyWestFlash; 06-23-2020 at 11:54 AM.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Astonishing Member

Exactly what everyone always said.

Wally West Aficionado Spider-Ham's Avatar

This is so wrong on so many levels ... :/