Page 86 of 135 FirstFirst ... 367682838485868788899096 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,290 of 2018
    Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Wally in the preview for tomorrow's Death Metal #2.

DNDM-Cv2-2.jpg
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

I’m so excited for Diana/Wally team up.

Not really a fan of his art, but here is the variant cover of Death Metal #3 by David Finch.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

So far, wally manhattan seems really weak. That's not good. I wanted something powerful to be done and achieved. On top of that, they made batmanhattan. It just reduces the effectiveness of the coin. This is now underwhelming. I don't particularly care for wally playing some secondary role in a convoluted event(which it always is).

Having been away from comics and comic related news, what the hell is going on? Lol

Wally Manhattan, what? Last thing I remember was Wally traveling the multiverse.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Having been away from comics and comic related news, what the hell is going on? Lol

Wally Manhattan, what? Last thing I remember was Wally traveling the multiverse.
    Wally gains the powers of metron, manhattan... Etc in flash forward and tries to fix reality.

Wally West Aficionado Spider-Ham's Avatar

I just finished Death Metal #2 and, wow, Snyder is really ambitious.

Wally as the savior of the whole and Infinite Multiverse ? I’m in. It’s nice to see a writer who tries to give us a satisfying conclusion to the Rebirth storyline

Astonishing Member

He's gonna be sequestered in a grave for the majority of it while the Trinity does stuff, it looks like.

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    He's gonna be sequestered in a grave for the majority of it while the Trinity does stuff, it looks like.
    You say that, but considering there is a Speed Metal tie-in and it looks like you know who has an idea of where he is/is coming for him I don’t think he’s going to be sitting on the bench for long.
    Last edited by sifighter; 07-14-2020 at 05:27 AM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    You say that, but considering there is a Speed Metal tie-in and it looks like you know who has an idea of where he is/is coming for him I don’t think he’s going to be sitting on the bench for long.
    Yeah, it's clear he has a big role in the story regardless if he is on every page. We didn't even know he was for sure in the event till issue 1 came out anyways.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Not really a fan of his art, but here is the variant cover of Death Metal #3 by David Finch.

Pretty cool. It's not exactly my taste but its very dynamic and a really cool.pose.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I was thinking the same thing. I'm glad we have Speed Metal so we know Wally wont just be sitting pretty until the end. Speaking of, I wonder if Wally will actually get to play one of the main parts in the big climax with the final showdown according to the heroes plan. Would be cool.

Although it comes full circle and seems kind of pointless. Meaning they took Wallys power up away and stopped him from re shaping the universe from Generations for Death Metal only for DM to have Wally do the same thing in the same way at the end of it all according to the plan.

Other thoughts on the issue itself. This one was a lot weaker than the first one. Nothing much really happened. But I'm still glad Wally is involved.

When WW was entering the tomb she referred to Wally as Flash. That was nice. It's the little things lol.

The meet up with Wally and Jay with Jay asking if he remembers him was a nice touch. Then all Flashs meeting up was cool. A nice preview for Speed Metal.

I'm not sure about the blue on Wally. I think he ultimately looks good in dark red or burgundy but the blue looks kind.of cool on him as well.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Is it just me, or has Wally lost muscle mass since Barry's return?

When I got into Flash back in Waid's run, Wally was always drawn with a lot of bulk; even his chin was hefty. Now he's drawn with this lean build that's closer to Nightwing than Superman. And yeah, that makes sense for a runner but I feel like it ultimately just makes him look younger and smaller.

Look at that Finch art above; 'Ringo never would've drawn such a scrawny Wally West!
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post

When I got into Flash back in Waid's run, Wally was always drawn with a lot of bulk; even his chin was hefty. Now he's drawn with this lean build that's closer to Nightwing than Superman. And yeah, that makes sense for a runner but I feel like it ultimately just makes him look younger and smaller.

Look at that Finch art above; 'Ringo never would've drawn such a scrawny Wally West!
    I believe that's the intent. They want wally to feel like "kid flash" like than "flash" like.

Wally West Aficionado Spider-Ham's Avatar

Snyder did an interview with Newsarama about Death Metal and Wally. Here's a summary of the interview

There's a lot like that feeding into Death Metal. A lot of tangential things from Heroes in Crisis, Doomsday Clock, and more; no matter whether the stories had a big impact or were more off to the side, the point of this event is that everything matters - it's all-inclusive.

For better or for worse we're in it together, as an industry, and as fans... and that means embracing things you might be uncomfortable with in different ways," the writer continues. "We're trying to unify all of the DC stories, from the ones that might've had nothing or we might've not agreed with. For example, there's some stuff with Wally - not even Heroes in Crisis but the cosmic stuff after - I wanted to take everything and say 'all of the stories are part of the DCU.

The choices made for Wally to become Doctor Manhattan-ized, or what happened in Heroes in Crisis... Tom King, to his credit, I think he did a really good job - it was outside of what I was working on at the time.

The idea we're presenting now with Death Metal is that as creators you can't just pick and choose what you like; that insulates you from stories out there, stories readers have bought and read," Snyder says. "It's now time to embrace all of it, and make continuity celebratory, conclusive, more united, and connected. It allows us to take risks, and to celebrate risks, all at once. That's the message we're going for.
    Source : https://www.gamesradar.com/scott-sny...oversial-past/

I don't know how to feel about this but I have faith in Snyder.
    Last edited by Spider-Ham; 07-14-2020 at 01:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post

To be honest, nobody really draws the Flashes like that anymore. He has about the same build current Barry does.