Page 30 of 135 FirstFirst ... 202627282930313233344080130 ... LastLast
    Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

I am getting the trade.
    Despite some mixed feelings on the ending.
    Because it reminds me of when I looked into Mark Waid's famous Elseword's story of when Wally 'lost his humanity' in order to spend all his time protecting Central City. Didn't like the concept so never actually read that book.
    But, yes, I will get this one if mainly because I am Wally starved and this seems to be the only true Wally West story out there right now or even for the foreseeable future.

That said I'd trade getting Wally back with Linda instead in a heartbeat. The kids (like most every other bit of DC that isn't tied to Wally) doesn't interest me.

I really like the hope angle though. Reminds me of Justice League animated series Wally which for me started the whole love affair.
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

Wally West Aficionado Spider-Ham's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kyer View Post
    Because it reminds me of when I looked into Mark Waid's famous Elseword's story of when Wally 'lost his humanity' in order to spend all his time protecting Central City. Didn't like the concept so never actually read that book.
    You're right, it does sound alot like Kingdom Come's Wally West. But, this time, I guess Linda and the kids won't let him "unmoored" too long.

DC has a unique opportunity to bring back the whole Flash family in order to save Wally. For many years, The Flash has always found his way home alone. For once, it would be nice to see his family looking for him !
    Last edited by Spider-Ham; 02-19-2020 at 08:21 AM.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Wow! That was an intense ending. Still would have liked it more if mobius chair actually merged with wally and everything became one. The whole "we" thing reminded me of venom. I wondered if wally would have guys in his head. I believe manhattan is in there. It's like the hulk with his personalities. I wonder after this is set and done will wally have some residual powers.Can't wait to get inside wally's head.

I'd have liked it if Wally had gotten to make it back too. But I'll settle for the kids. Glad to see Linda's got her memory back too. Now all I need is Bart making some appearences and I might start getting back into Flash books.

Quote Originally Posted by scottylobdell View Post
    deadman332

You are quite stubborn. lol!

He does appear in 750... not a flashback.

And he appears in FCBD. Not only not a flashback, but a lynchpin at the heart of the Multiverse in a way only Wally West could. (This is not Parralax Redux as I've seen a lot of people speculating. That epic story was already told and told well.)

While I am not involved with the character after FCBD... I can assure you he is in excellent hands for his upcoming mind-boggling, heart-rending, hope-neverending adventures.

Just keep in mind: up until now, the Mobius Chair has subsumed the minds of many many people who have sat upon it.

But it has never squared off against a mind that can think faster than thought itself. Faster than the chair?

If I were a betting man... I would never bet against Wally West.
    I keep hearing he is good hands and the things like HIC happens. I'm sorry I just want wally fully reunited with his kids. This BS game DC playing since rebirth of refusing to or teasing it without doing the right thing is wrong. "Well kids are back and linda got memory back. But we screwed up wally again" Kinda feels that to me. Telling me he is good hands when its still DC and there is still Barry.

spoilers:
    Who wants to bet that the "kindred spirit" that Wally is reaching out to is Clark, adopted son of Dr. Manhattan. I mean he is the only other person with connection to the Manhattan powers, and everyone except Batman who has recently sat in the Morbius chair is dead except for the Anti-monitor, and given that he is supposedly a new hero with an anchor to the DC universe I could see him being involved. Or it is just mindless speculation but its a thought.
    end of spoilers
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Yeah! I pretty much had the same thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    spoilers:
    Who wants to bet that the "kindred spirit" that Wally is reaching out to is Clark, adopted son of Dr. Manhattan. I mean he is the only other person with connection to the Manhattan powers, and everyone except Batman who has recently sat in the Morbius chair is dead except for the Anti-monitor, and given that he is supposedly a new hero with an anchor to the DC universe I could see him being involved. Or it is just mindless speculation but its a thought.
    end of spoilers
    That's my guess as well.

Well, I guess I'll get this trade too. I hope they release it in my actual native language here: it's Flash, after all.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

I don’t think so. Geoff Johns already said he had ideas for a doomsday clock sequel, I doubt he’d let Lobdell or whoever writes generations to mess with his story that much.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    I don’t think so. Geoff Johns already said he had ideas for a doomsday clock sequel, I doubt he’d let Lobdell or whoever writes generations to mess with his story that much.
    I mean this as a joke, but tell that to Alan Moore.

But in all seriousness they already messed with it by making it out of continuity, or introducing Heroes in Crisis and then having to use Death Metal to bring it in proper. I think as far as DC is concerned all Geoff John did with Doomsday clock besides returning some missing characters and telling a good story is the creation of usable new Watchmen related characters with the new Rorschach, Clark, Nostalgia, Mime and Marionette, and I guess Sally(I know she already existed but she is related in a way by the end of doomsday clock). At any time DC could probably use the characters if they wanted to.
    Last edited by sifighter; 02-19-2020 at 10:58 AM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I mean this as a joke, but tell that to Alan Moore.

But in all seriousness they already messed with it by making it out of continuity, or introducing Heroes in Crisis and then having to use Death Metal to bring it in proper. I think as far as DC is concerned all Geoff John did with Doomsday clock besides returning some missing characters and telling a good story is the creation of usable new Watchmen related characters with the new Rorschach, Clark, Nostalgia, Mime and Marionette, and I guess Sally(I know she already existed but she is related in a way by the end of doomsday clock). At any time DC could probably use the characters if they wanted to.
    I know they could if they wanted to, but Geoff seemed pretty clear about having plans continuing the story and I doubt it involves what’s going on with Wally.

Wally West Aficionado Spider-Ham's Avatar

We now know who we should thank for Jai and Irey's coming back :

https://twitter.com/Demonpuppy/statu...96569787523074

That's ironic, because Lobdell's Teen Titans run (the New 52 one) replaced a planned one that would've had Irey on the team.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Wow! So wait? he had to fight them for it? What were they planning to give as a pay off at the end of the series instead? Peanuts. Sheesh!Anyways, i appreciate him for fixing and fighting for a decent a ending to the story. @scottylobdell thank you!!!
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 02-19-2020 at 12:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Ham View Post
    We now know who we should thank for Jai and Irey's coming back :

https://twitter.com/Demonpuppy/statu...96569787523074
    Thank you, @scottylobdell.