Page 88 of 135 FirstFirst ... 387884858687888990919298 ... LastLast
Results 1,306 to 1,320 of 2018
    Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Maybe this will help.

After his odyssey through the DC Multiverse, Wally West may find his ultimate redemption as the heroes' last great hope in the current crossover event Dark Nights: Death Metal.

Writer Scott Snyder confirmed Wally's brief confrontation with the Batman Who Laughs in the epilogue to Flash Forward will be expanded on as the crossover continues to unfold. Snyder hinted Wally will continue to boost his newfound powers through raw Crisis energy on his trip into the Dark Multiverse, from which the Batman Who Laughs invaded the DC Universe.

"The idea is Wally's body has been prepared, in a way, by having this [Doctor] Manhattan energy to be powered by all this Crisis energy," Snyder explained in an interview with CBR. "And the hope is that he can rival the Batman Who Laughs and even Perpetua if they can fuel him with the energy from the Dark Multiverse from these worlds where the Crises are still happening. The goal is to power him up so he can fight the Batman Who Laughs once and for all but, of course, there's twists and turns and things happen that make that confrontation different than you'd expect when it actually happens."

https://www.cbr.com/flash-wally-west...metal-endgame/
    Last edited by WallyWestFlash; 07-15-2020 at 08:32 AM.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

For those who think Wally will sitting stuff out, here’s the tweet from Williamson himself about Speed Metal and from the looks of it the Flash Family are going to have to run their butts off....also someone give poor Jay Garrick a Gatorade or something.

BF7C02A4-13D4-4B95-B461-29B61C3CB178.jpg
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    Maybe this will help.

After his odyssey through the DC Multiverse, Wally West may find his ultimate redemption as the heroes' last great hope in the current crossover event Dark Nights: Death Metal.

Writer Scott Snyder confirmed Wally's brief confrontation with the Batman Who Laughs in the epilogue to Flash Forward will be expanded on as the crossover continues to unfold. Snyder hinted Wally will continue to boost his newfound powers through raw Crisis energy on his trip into the Dark Multiverse, from which the Batman Who Laughs invaded the DC Universe.

"The idea is Wally's body has been prepared, in a way, by having this [Doctor] Manhattan energy to be powered by all this Crisis energy," Snyder explained in an interview with CBR. "And the hope is that he can rival the Batman Who Laughs and even Perpetua if they can fuel him with the energy from the Dark Multiverse from these worlds where the Crises are still happening. The goal is to power him up so he can fight the Batman Who Laughs once and for all but, of course, there's twists and turns and things happen that make that confrontation different than you'd expect when it actually happens."

https://www.cbr.com/flash-wally-west...metal-endgame/
    My guess is at some point they try it and Wally burns out the powers and returns to normal and they need something new

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    For those who think Wally will sitting stuff out, here’s the tweet from Williamson himself about Speed Metal and from the looks of it the Flash Family are going to have to run their butts off....also someone give poor Jay Garrick a Gatorade or something.

BF7C02A4-13D4-4B95-B461-29B61C3CB178.jpg

That looks really cool. Cant wait for it.

Quote Originally Posted by dornwolf View Post
    My guess is at some point they try it and Wally burns out the powers and returns to normal and they need something new
    From the interview it sounds like Wally will definitely have a prominent role.

His initial confrontation with the BWL will be shown more from the epilogue. Wanna see that since it was skipped over.

Wally will not be chilling in the tomb since he will continue to boost his powers through his travels in the dark multiverse.

And finally there will be a big showdown with Wally and the BWL.

Sounds good to me.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

All three Flashs together at last.

20200716_094640.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    All three Flashs together at last.

20200716_094640.jpg
    And with speed Metal soon to be four. Although with Speed Metal coming up it makes me wonder one thing....so is Wallace just running around trying to avoid capture like Barry it is he on New Apokolips? Also makes me wonder how Jay will interact with Wallace.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

All-New Member

All I hope is that they don't make this Wally's final night

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wallywest View Post
    Pretty sure they're not going to give Wally the win against TBWL unless it means he dies in order to defeat him. Snyder loves his pet too much. Regardless, I would love to be wrong.

Incredible Member PennyDreadful's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Pretty sure they're not going to give Wally the win against TBWL unless it means he dies in order to defeat him. Snyder loves his pet too much. Regardless, I would love to be wrong.
    Mark Waid's interview comments recently give me some hope: "I’m confident that DC’s current management is just as eager as I am to see Wally in his rightful place of prominence. Trust me."
    Last edited by PennyDreadful; 07-16-2020 at 08:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wallywest View Post
    Hey, Final Nigth was cool (to me at least), but yeah i hope that they don't pull a "Redemption=Death" here.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Mighty Member

And with speed Metal soon to be four. Although with Speed Metal coming up it makes me wonder one thing....so is Wallace just running around trying to avoid capture like Barry it is he on New Apokolips? Also makes me wonder how Jay will interact with Wallace.
    Why?
    Is Titans of Tomorrow Bart coming to Speed Metal??????????

If you are talking about Wallace its KID FLASH and NOT Flash.

So far there were only 4 people in Main-Continuity as Flash (Jay,Barry,Wally and Bart)

Would you guys be upset if the entire Flash Family was nerfed all around? Like I'm reading through Wally's entire run and tbh the more powerful he's gotten, the less interesting to me the stories are. Hence why I personally put Moesner-Loebs over Mark Waid when I talk about my favorite Flash writers. His run would make a really good basis for a tv show or cartoon imo.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSupernaut View Post
    Would you guys be upset if the entire Flash Family was nerfed all around? Like I'm reading through Wally's entire run and tbh the more powerful he's gotten, the less interesting to me the stories are. Hence why I personally put Moesner-Loebs over Mark Waid when I talk about my favorite Flash writers. His run would make a really good basis for a tv show or cartoon imo.
    What do you mean by nerf? Like no longer be able to travel dimensions and time travel or slower speed?
    Words to live by.

What do you mean by nerf? Like no longer be able to travel dimensions and time travel or slower speed?
    Dimensional travel would be cool, but yeah no time travel and a slower speed. I guess what I'm basically getting at, is that the speed force has become like the Phoenix Force of DC comics and I honestly get why writers like Greg Weisman have stayed away from using it thus far.
    Last edited by TheSupernaut; 07-17-2020 at 08:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSupernaut View Post
    Dimensional travel would be cool, but yeah no time travel and a slower speed. I guess what I'm basically getting at, is that the speed force has become like the Phoenix Force of DC comics and I honestly get why writers like Greg Weisman have stayed away from using it thus far.
    I don't think they've overblown the Speed Force on the TV show so I think it's all in the execution.

I think Weisman is sometimes too firm in certain opinions personally, and I say that as someone who loves him as a creator.