Page 108 of 135 FirstFirst ... 85898104105106107108109110111112118 ... LastLast
Results 1,606 to 1,620 of 2018
    Astonishing Member

No he isn't. Wally West, despite all the silly things battles forums and death battle videos will tell you, will never be considered more powerful than Superman or Wonder Woman or, typically, any GL. Or likely Martian Manhunter.

And it's less about the extra powers and more about Wally FINALLY being tied into Doctor Manhattan, the predication of his return in DCUniverse Rebirth. But that plotline was thrown away and now he's just kind of part of Metal as a make up. It's not about the powers, it's about the story.

The timeline will still need rewriting when Death Metal is over. Presumably the chair was just sent somewhere - it can't be destroyed. Once Batman Who Laughs is destroyed for good, he can use the Doctor Manhattan powers to find it (if he'd lost those powers his suit would've reverted from blue to red), and then finish what he started at the end of Flash Forward. It's not meaningless. They just didn't want him to have the chair during the Death Metal story, so he could use his speedster powers.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    The timeline will still need rewriting when Death Metal is over. Presumably the chair was just sent somewhere - it can't be destroyed. Once Batman Who Laughs is destroyed for good, he can use the Doctor Manhattan powers to find it (if he'd lost those powers his suit would've reverted from blue to red), and then finish what he started at the end of Flash Forward. It's not meaningless. They just didn't want him to have the chair during the Death Metal story, so he could use his speedster powers.
    btw speaking of the chair, so Metron still dead?

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    btw speaking of the chair, so Metron still dead?
    Yes, as far as i am aware.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    What he started at the end of Flash Forward is being wrapped into Metal.

Incredible Member

I GUARANTEE you guys will love this special. It’s slow in the beginning but MAN DOES IT PICK UP FOR WALLY!

Quote Originally Posted by Darkcrusade25 View Post
    I GUARANTEE you guys will love this special. It’s slow in the beginning but MAN DOES IT PICK UP FOR WALLY!
    I cant wait to read it !
    This week Williamson got to wrap his whole Flash run (that ran for 100-issues), and Wally's Rebirth storyline
    (With the exception of HiC) I loved BOTH so freakin' much !
    Hopefully both Barry and Wally get a well-deserved rest and happiness after all of this is said and done

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TheMaker1610 View Post
    I cant wait to read it !
    This week Williamson got to wrap his whole Flash run (that ran for 100-issues), and Wally's Rebirth storyline
    (With the exception of HiC) I loved BOTH so freakin' much !
    Hopefully both Barry and Wally get a well-deserved rest and happiness after all of this is said and done
    He already did 100-issues! Wow, talk about a celebration, seems like my choice to buy those books digitally are correct.

Speed Metal was an amazing encore to Williamson's run, and I'd say the best Wally content probably since Rebirth
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

BANNED

My God! MY GOD! I ate my words there. This is the best Flash issues since New 52 and you can't tell me otherwise. This is what Flash issue supposed to be, I still get a goosebumps here. I will not spoil it for all of you, but there are tons of great moments here. Jay's moment, Wally's moment, Barry's moment, but especially Wally and Barry. This is really Williamsons swan song to Barry and Wally as a whole and he really captured everyone's characters down except one I believe.

But to me the best moment is spoilers:
    When Wally had his costume torn apart by the Black Racer zombie and like in olden days he slowly formed his red Flash costume from his speedforce and then he speed up even more, because he is Wally the Fastest Flash. Not to mention as the cherry on the top, Barrow draw the effect of Wally's eyemask using the glowing energy eyes of Manhattan's anti crisis energy.
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member

Damn, I don't know, where Wally's story will come (but at least his family is back), but Speed Metal is just incredible.

spoilers:
    What worries me is the ending, it felt a little too dream like if you ask me, though in fairness it makes sense and is a good story for Wally so let’s not mess with it. But what troubles me is that BWLs laughs even though Wally got the Mobius chair, that is a bit concerning to me.
    end of spoilers
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    spoilers:
    What worries me is the ending, it felt a little too dream like if you ask me, though in fairness it makes sense and is a good story for Wally so let’s not mess with it. But what troubles me is that BWLs laughs even though Wally got the Mobius chair, that is a bit concerning to me.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Not gonna lie, if it's a dream it will be rad in the evilest way possible.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    BWL probably thinks he's defeated the Flashes, so losing the chair was worth it. Of course, he's wrong, they're not defeated!
    end of spoilers
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Man... Speed Metal was beautiful.
    Williamson really love this characters and i loved every page of this!