Page 40 of 135 FirstFirst ... 303637383940414243445090 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Johns story for Flash 750 looks like it was set during the Wally era before Barry came back. Wally and his family are there for one page since this is a Cap Cold story.

The bleeding cool leaks for Wally were pretty much it for his epilogue story.

I finally worked up the nerve to read FF#6 and I was worried DC wouldn't stick the landing. I was right for the most part. Wally giving up his humanity doesn't sit right with me, but I guess he's the only man capable of doing what needs to be done.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darkcrusade25 View Post
    Johns story for Flash 750 looks like it was set during the Wally era before Barry came back. Wally and his family are there for one page since this is a Cap Cold story.

The bleeding cool leaks for Wally were pretty much it for his epilogue story.
    This was a huge disappointment and has Didios fingerprints all over it. This is not a celebration of 80 years of the Flash and is a huge slap in the face for Wally fans.

There are 6 stories in here.

The first one is a Barry story and is just a continuation of the current run. Does not highlight at all the Flashs long history.

The next story is a Captain Cold story. The only connection it has to Wally is that it takes place in the Geoff John's era of Wallys run. Otherwise Wally appears for one page, not even as the Flash, not doing anything just reacting to what happened in the actual story and shows him in a negative light. (Reminds me what I disliked about John's run where Wally was a secondary character in his own book)

Next is another Barry story with the new 52 creative team and aspects. Obviously with the long, rich history and periods of the Flash we had to highlight this one cuz.....Didio and his new 52.

Next is yet another Barry story with Marv Wolfman??? I mean hes a good writer but what does he have to do with the Flash? If anything he should write a Wally/Kid Flash story from his NTT run. But that would be a Wally story so god forbid. The story is pretty generic. They touched on some of Flashs famous silver age adventures so at least that. Art is horrible in this one.

Next one is actually the only good one. It's a Jay story, so finally not a Barry/Flash story and is actually pretty good. Didio does have to stick a 5G plug into there though. Still.the best one since it actually highlights the Flash legacy. Art is also great by Marquez.

Last one is finally a Wally story but not really. It's just an epilogue of Flash Forward not highlighting Wallys 25 years as THE Flash at all. Just another push of current events. Wally is not even the Flash in his own story. With that being said Lodbell and Booth continue to do a good job on it.

So that's three Barry stories, a Captain cold one, a Jay one and a Mobius chair Wally one . Great.

Also there a few pin ups. One of Barry. One of Jay. One of Bart. One of Wallace even, and one of the Flash family.

Wait. I think I'm missing someone. Now who could that be? Eh, probably no one important.

What a load of bs.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    This was a huge disappointment and has Didios fingerprints all over it. This is not a celebration of 80 years of the Flash and is a huge slap in the face for Wally fans.

The first one is a Barry story and is just a continuation of the current run. Does not highlight at all the Flashs long history.

The next story is a Captain Cold story. The only connection it has to Wally is that it takes place in the Geoff John's era of Wallys run. Otherwise Wally appears for one page, not even as the Flash, not doing anything just reacting to what happened in the actual story and shows him in a negative light. (Reminds me what I disliked about John's run where Wally was a secondary character in his own book)

Next is another Barry story with the new 52 creative team and aspects. Obviously with the long, rich history and periods of the Flash we had to highlight this one cuz.....Didio and his new 52.

Next is yet another Barry story with Marv Wolfman??? I mean hes a good writer but what does he have to do with the Flash? If anything he should write a Wally/Kid Flash story from his NTT run. But that would be a Wally story so god forbid. The story is pretty generic. They touched on some of Flashs famous silver age adventures so at least that. Art is horrible in this one.

Next one is actually the only good one. It's a Jay story, so finally not a Barry/Flash story and is actually pretty good. Didio does have to stick a 5G plug into there though. Still.the best one since it actually highlights the Flash legacy. Art is also great by Marquez.

Last one is finally a Wally story but not really. It's just an epilogue of Flash Forward not highlighting Wallys 25 years as THE Flash at all. Just another push of current events. Wally is not even the Flash in his own story. With that being said Lodbell and Booth continue to do a good job on it.

So that's three Barry stories, a Captain cold one, a Jay one and a Mobius chair Wally one . Great.

Also there a few pin ups. One of Barry. One of Jay. One of Bart. One of Wallace even, and one of the Flash family.

Wait. I think I'm missing someone. Now who could that be? Eh, probably no one important.

What a load of bs.
    It sounds like I might enjoy some of the stories, but as a celebration of The Flash it's lacking .

Quote Originally Posted by Dataweaver View Post
    Personally, I tend to think of the Speed Force, the Negative Speed Force, the Still Force, and the Eternity Force merely as aspects of a larger structure that DC's speedsters tap into:
    That's some good quasi-science right there. I like it.

Myself, I always figured the speed force was the source of kinetic energy in the multiverse. In my head it's a fundamental, unifying force just like gravity. But because this is comics, of course there's some crazy Star Wars sentience mumbo jumbo involved. Barry's tricks come from manipulating the science, Wally's from the mumbo jumbo.

And if that's true of the speed force, it's probably true of gravity, etc., as well. And it seems to me the Firestorm matrix is likely the source of the fundamental strong/weak forces too. Or at least one of them, I'm not an expert on Firestorm or his matrix. Or science, for that matter. I'm like Fred from Big Hero 6; love science but don't understand any of it!

And I figure the still force makes sense as a counter-balance. Haven't gotten to the whole "force wars" thing yet (I'm behind) but I dunno how or if they'd fit this model.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

What a load of bs.
    Doic Shaner's pin up is Wally.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

What a load of bs.
    The good news is that with Didio gone, it's possible that DC will get Wally out of that chair and back to something resembling himself.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

I don't know. That last line felt pretty much like wally being himself.
    "My name is wally west. I am the fastest man alive. I've got this"
    Finally, a god that is actually confident, non-detached and active. It might actually work as a temporary setting. This did put small grin on my face. Other than that, Jay stuff was the best overall and the only thing that put a grin on my face. Everything else was forgettable for me.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dataweaver View Post
    The good news is that with Didio gone, it's possible that DC will get Wally out of that chair and back to something resembling himself.
    even with didio gone, wally only gunna replace the chair for a bench.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    Doic Shaner's pin up is Wally.
    Oh yeah, your right. Man I really dont like that carbon copy of Barry's suit for Wally.

Why they went from giving Wally his own unique touches on the suit like the white eyes and chrome red to back to Barry's suit is a mystery to me.

Would have loved a pin up of Wally in his own unique look.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Bart's pin-up was him as Kid Flash with Raven, Robin, Superboy and Wonder Girl in the background (Geoff Johns Teen Titans) instead of as Impulse.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

Oh yeah, your right. Man I really dont like that carbon copy of Barry's suit for Wally.
    It was depicting the Geoff Johns/Scott Kolins/Howard Porter era.

Wally wore that version of the Flash costume from #133 to #230. From #231 to #247 they added wings back to the boots, then removed them again for Flash: Rebirth #1-5.

Wally West Aficionado Spider-Ham's Avatar

Overall, The Flash #750 was a good anniversary book.

I really disliked the first chapter but, Cold's story was fun, Jay's part was truly fantastic, even if he sounds more like classic Barry Allen than Jay Garrick and I really loved Buccellato's tale with litteraly everyone being the Flash.

Last but not least, Wally's journey in Hypertime was nearly perfect. It was a pure Waid-like story and it's a shame we don't have an ongoing to explore this statu quo. Having to wait two months for the next chapter is killing me.

Well, it was not as great as I thought it would be, but it's not bad either. However, it could have been definitely better :/

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

What a load of bs.
    Well, to be fair, the writing may have been iffy during that run but no Flash comic has ever looked better.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

What a load of bs.
    Hmmm do I want to spend $8.00 for just the Jay story? Thanks for the info!
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!