Page 62 of 98 FirstFirst ... 125258596061626364656672 ... LastLast
Results 916 to 930 of 1461
  1. #916
    Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    5,306

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    I'm not sure they want to risk pissing off Tom King. For all his inability to write fights or pretty much any character's voice, he brings critical acclaim and DC can use that good buzz.
    I'm not sure King would mind if they explained away Wally's actions as the machinations of a giant space bug or dark multiverse goo or a wizard farting. He's been pretty vocal recently about how he gets that audiences didn't accept what he did with Wally. He seems to have made peace with the reality that HiC has some fans who dug what he was going for, but that readers simply did not want to see Wally West portrayed that way.

  2. #917
    Astonishing Member Jekyll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    3,410

    Default

    HIC was such a travesty it doesn't even deserve to be retconned. It deserves to be buried, ignored, and never spoken of again.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), The Atom (Ray Palmer) , Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), Iron Fist, Doctor Strange, & Ant-Man (Scott Lang).

    Current Pulls: Daredevil, Amazing Spider-Man, Venom, Immortal Hulk, Dr. Strange, Star Wars,Shazam, The Flash, & TMNT!

  3. #918
    Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    2,880

    Default

    IMG_0012.jpg

    Excited about Williamson last story arc Finish line. Hopefully well get this at the end of that. I think Williamsosn did a good job in the series even though I couldn't quite get fully into it because of DC's editorial decisions but the writing was solid.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

    Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake.

    Currently Reading: All Star Comics, Justice League of America (Satalite years era), Huntress ('89 series)

  4. #919
    Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    2,880

    Default

    Just to chime in my two cents as far as Wallys suit goes I really like the Rebirth suit but I can see the point of the open cowl evoking Kid Flash.

    As long as they keep the best parts of the suit and Wallys signature looks. The dark red/burgundy color. The shiny chrome look. And I really like the addition of the silver lightning. Differentiates Wally. I would like them to add back the white eyes. It's a cool look and one of Wally's own additions to the Flash suit.

    The open cowl I at first didnt like because of the Kid Flash look but on the other hand it shows off Wally's distinct hair and differentiates him from Barry. So I can go either way.

    As far as the atrocity of HIC. I definitely think it shoud be addressed. You cant let something that egregious and extreme just sit there. I would make a story that shows how ludicrous the very idea of Wally doing such a thing. Like of course that wasn't Wally and was some alternate universe or imposter.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

    Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake.

    Currently Reading: All Star Comics, Justice League of America (Satalite years era), Huntress ('89 series)

  5. #920
    Wally West Aficionado Spider-Ham's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Lille, France
    Posts
    735

    Default

    Jim Lee did a sketch featuring our boy :

    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EYWoSZWX...jpg&name=large

    Time to play "Where's Wally ?" guys !
    Good stories must survive : https://theflashlives.com/

  6. #921
    Astonishing Member Jekyll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    3,410

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    IMG_0012.jpg

    Excited about Williamson last story arc Finish line. Hopefully well get this at the end of that. I think Williamsosn did a good job in the series even though I couldn't quite get fully into it because of DC's editorial decisions but the writing was solid.
    I'm tired of teases, I hope we really get The Flash family.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), The Atom (Ray Palmer) , Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), Iron Fist, Doctor Strange, & Ant-Man (Scott Lang).

    Current Pulls: Daredevil, Amazing Spider-Man, Venom, Immortal Hulk, Dr. Strange, Star Wars,Shazam, The Flash, & TMNT!

  7. #922
    Ultimate Member Ascended's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    15,234

    Default

    I dunno if King could get in the way of a retcon or not. Depends on how much pull he's got with Lee I guess?

    He did get kicked off Batman....but also got a maxiseries of his own to finish his story and he's still one of the company's higher profile creators.

    But if he gets in the way of the company doing what would be good for its IP's then to hell with him and DC both. Creator ego should never get in the way of good business. And I know what creator ego can be like, I used to be a graphic artist and I hated it when clients would give me crap, but at the end of the day King is an employee and his personal tastes and ego shouldn't be the foundation of business choices.
    Higher, Faster, Further....More.

    Truth, Justice, and a Better Tomorrow!

    Bridge Four!

  8. #923
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    52,612

    Default

    I don't see much worth in HiC to make it worth keeping around in any respect. I'd just as soon wipe it from existence like Identity Crisis.

  9. #924
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    322

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    I'm not sure King would mind if they explained away Wally's actions as the machinations of a giant space bug or dark multiverse goo or a wizard farting.
    I'm not sure about that.

    King constantly talks about how much he loves that book. And while he acknowledges the story might been accepted better with a less popular character, he still thinks Wally was a perfect fit for the role, and believes he did Wally & his fans a giant favor with the story. He doesn't think there was anything wrong with Wally's portrayal.

    So I don't think he'd like an explanation that would undercut/change Wally's motives in the story.

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't see much worth in HiC to make it worth keeping around in any respect. I'd just as soon wipe it from existence like Identity Crisis.
    Did they do anything with Ivy in her series with Harley post-HiC?

    Because with Wally, HiC actually made Flash Forward less enjoyable and it was hardly necessary. It's also kinda funny how HiC declares Linda & the kids "gone for good" when they are restored in the very next series Wally is involved in.
    Last edited by Rend20; 05-20-2020 at 10:46 AM.

  10. #925
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    52,612

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rend20 View Post
    Did they do anything with Ivy in her series with Harley post-HiC?

    Because with Wally, HiC actually made Flash Forward less enjoyable and it was hardly necessary. It's also kinda funny how HiC declares Linda & the kids "gone for good" when they are restored in the very next series Wally is involved in.
    I'm not sure, but from what I heard what happened to Ivy wasn't that substantial, or at least not anything worth discussing much over.

  11. #926
    Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    2,880

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rend20 View Post

    Because with Wally, HiC actually made Flash Forward less enjoyable and it was hardly necessary. It's also kinda funny how HiC declares Linda & the kids "gone for good" when they are restored in the very next series Wally is involved in.
    I think bringing the kids back in FF and most of that series was BECAUSE of HIC and to lessen the huge backlash it got. So it would make sense that FF would contradict some of HIC's points.

    As well as the set up for Wally after FF giving him a prominent role in Generations (if it's still happening) is Didio trying to appease the fans somewhat because with HIC he finally went too far in his crap on Wally vendetta.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

    Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake.

    Currently Reading: All Star Comics, Justice League of America (Satalite years era), Huntress ('89 series)

  12. #927
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    1,783

    Default

    Questions for Wally fans.

    Do you consider Kadabra more as a Wally nemesis now instead of Barry?

    Do you think Kadabra can be considered Wally’s arch nemesis along with Zolomon?

  13. #928
    Incredible Member PennyDreadful's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rend20 View Post
    I'm not sure about that.

    King constantly talks about how much he loves that book. And while he acknowledges the story might been accepted better with a less popular character, he still thinks Wally was a perfect fit for the role, and believes he did Wally & his fans a giant favor with the story. He doesn't think there was anything wrong with Wally's portrayal.

    So I don't think he'd like an explanation that would undercut/change Wally's motives in the story.
    So? He doesn't own the characters. DC can do what they want. You will notice that Flash Forward was announced two weeks after Hiccups wrapped up. Almost as if DC said, "Whoops. Identity Crisis 2: Electric Boogaloo wasn't such a good move after all." Wally is now in the hands of Snyder, who is now BMOC among DC's writers.

  14. #929
    Mighty Member Waterfall's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,550

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Questions for Wally fans.

    Do you consider Kadabra more as a Wally nemesis now instead of Barry?

    Do you think Kadabra can be considered Wally’s arch nemesis along with Zolomon?
    Kadabra can be definitely considered more as a Wally villain but if a writer wants to use him back in Rogues settling, you can’t stop that.

    However he isn’t arch-enemy. He may have been in 90s, but Zolomon was specifically created to fill that quota. Unless they redeem Hunter, I doubt it will change.

  15. #930
    Astonishing Member Robanker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    Posts
    2,530

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I dunno if King could get in the way of a retcon or not. Depends on how much pull he's got with Lee I guess?

    He did get kicked off Batman....but also got a maxiseries of his own to finish his story and he's still one of the company's higher profile creators.

    But if he gets in the way of the company doing what would be good for its IP's then to hell with him and DC both. Creator ego should never get in the way of good business. And I know what creator ego can be like, I used to be a graphic artist and I hated it when clients would give me crap, but at the end of the day King is an employee and his personal tastes and ego shouldn't be the foundation of business choices.
    He got an editor fired because he wanted a specific artist to draw an issue of Batman. He has gone to WB and AT&T to get things approved for his run. He's co-writing there New Gods movie. He has pull in the company.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •