Page 62 of 135 FirstFirst ... 125258596061626364656672112 ... LastLast
    Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    I'm not sure they want to risk pissing off Tom King. For all his inability to write fights or pretty much any character's voice, he brings critical acclaim and DC can use that good buzz.
    I'm not sure King would mind if they explained away Wally's actions as the machinations of a giant space bug or dark multiverse goo or a wizard farting. He's been pretty vocal recently about how he gets that audiences didn't accept what he did with Wally. He seems to have made peace with the reality that HiC has some fans who dug what he was going for, but that readers simply did not want to see Wally West portrayed that way.

HIC was such a travesty it doesn't even deserve to be retconned. It deserves to be buried, ignored, and never spoken of again.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

IMG_0012.jpg

Excited about Williamson last story arc Finish line. Hopefully well get this at the end of that. I think Williamsosn did a good job in the series even though I couldn't quite get fully into it because of DC's editorial decisions but the writing was solid.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Just to chime in my two cents as far as Wallys suit goes I really like the Rebirth suit but I can see the point of the open cowl evoking Kid Flash.

As long as they keep the best parts of the suit and Wallys signature looks. The dark red/burgundy color. The shiny chrome look. And I really like the addition of the silver lightning. Differentiates Wally. I would like them to add back the white eyes. It's a cool look and one of Wally's own additions to the Flash suit.

The open cowl I at first didnt like because of the Kid Flash look but on the other hand it shows off Wally's distinct hair and differentiates him from Barry. So I can go either way.

As far as the atrocity of HIC. I definitely think it shoud be addressed. You cant let something that egregious and extreme just sit there. I would make a story that shows how ludicrous the very idea of Wally doing such a thing. Like of course that wasn't Wally and was some alternate universe or imposter.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Wally West Aficionado Spider-Ham's Avatar

Jim Lee did a sketch featuring our boy :

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EYWoSZWX...jpg&name=large

Time to play "Where's Wally ?" guys !

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    IMG_0012.jpg

Excited about Williamson last story arc Finish line. Hopefully well get this at the end of that. I think Williamsosn did a good job in the series even though I couldn't quite get fully into it because of DC's editorial decisions but the writing was solid.
    I'm tired of teases, I hope we really get The Flash family.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

I dunno if King could get in the way of a retcon or not. Depends on how much pull he's got with Lee I guess?

He did get kicked off Batman....but also got a maxiseries of his own to finish his story and he's still one of the company's higher profile creators.

But if he gets in the way of the company doing what would be good for its IP's then to hell with him and DC both. Creator ego should never get in the way of good business. And I know what creator ego can be like, I used to be a graphic artist and I hated it when clients would give me crap, but at the end of the day King is an employee and his personal tastes and ego shouldn't be the foundation of business choices.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

I don't see much worth in HiC to make it worth keeping around in any respect. I'd just as soon wipe it from existence like Identity Crisis.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    I'm not sure King would mind if they explained away Wally's actions as the machinations of a giant space bug or dark multiverse goo or a wizard farting.
    I'm not sure about that.

King constantly talks about how much he loves that book. And while he acknowledges the story might been accepted better with a less popular character, he still thinks Wally was a perfect fit for the role, and believes he did Wally & his fans a giant favor with the story. He doesn't think there was anything wrong with Wally's portrayal.

So I don't think he'd like an explanation that would undercut/change Wally's motives in the story.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't see much worth in HiC to make it worth keeping around in any respect. I'd just as soon wipe it from existence like Identity Crisis.
    Did they do anything with Ivy in her series with Harley post-HiC?

Because with Wally, HiC actually made Flash Forward less enjoyable and it was hardly necessary. It's also kinda funny how HiC declares Linda & the kids "gone for good" when they are restored in the very next series Wally is involved in.
    Last edited by Rend20; 05-20-2020 at 10:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rend20 View Post
    Did they do anything with Ivy in her series with Harley post-HiC?

Because with Wally, HiC actually made Flash Forward less enjoyable and it was hardly necessary. It's also kinda funny how HiC declares Linda & the kids "gone for good" when they are restored in the very next series Wally is involved in.
    I'm not sure, but from what I heard what happened to Ivy wasn't that substantial, or at least not anything worth discussing much over.

I think bringing the kids back in FF and most of that series was BECAUSE of HIC and to lessen the huge backlash it got. So it would make sense that FF would contradict some of HIC's points.

As well as the set up for Wally after FF giving him a prominent role in Generations (if it's still happening) is Didio trying to appease the fans somewhat because with HIC he finally went too far in his crap on Wally vendetta.

Extraordinary Member

Questions for Wally fans.

Do you consider Kadabra more as a Wally nemesis now instead of Barry?

Do you think Kadabra can be considered Wally’s arch nemesis along with Zolomon?

Incredible Member PennyDreadful's Avatar

I'm not sure about that.

King constantly talks about how much he loves that book. And while he acknowledges the story might been accepted better with a less popular character, he still thinks Wally was a perfect fit for the role, and believes he did Wally & his fans a giant favor with the story. He doesn't think there was anything wrong with Wally's portrayal.

So I don't think he'd like an explanation that would undercut/change Wally's motives in the story.
    So? He doesn't own the characters. DC can do what they want. You will notice that Flash Forward was announced two weeks after Hiccups wrapped up. Almost as if DC said, "Whoops. Identity Crisis 2: Electric Boogaloo wasn't such a good move after all." Wally is now in the hands of Snyder, who is now BMOC among DC's writers.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Questions for Wally fans.

Do you consider Kadabra more as a Wally nemesis now instead of Barry?

Do you think Kadabra can be considered Wally’s arch nemesis along with Zolomon?
    Kadabra can be definitely considered more as a Wally villain but if a writer wants to use him back in Rogues settling, you can’t stop that.

However he isn’t arch-enemy. He may have been in 90s, but Zolomon was specifically created to fill that quota. Unless they redeem Hunter, I doubt it will change.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I dunno if King could get in the way of a retcon or not. Depends on how much pull he's got with Lee I guess?

He did get kicked off Batman....but also got a maxiseries of his own to finish his story and he's still one of the company's higher profile creators.

But if he gets in the way of the company doing what would be good for its IP's then to hell with him and DC both. Creator ego should never get in the way of good business. And I know what creator ego can be like, I used to be a graphic artist and I hated it when clients would give me crap, but at the end of the day King is an employee and his personal tastes and ego shouldn't be the foundation of business choices.
    He got an editor fired because he wanted a specific artist to draw an issue of Batman. He has gone to WB and AT&T to get things approved for his run. He's co-writing there New Gods movie. He has pull in the company.