Page 96 of 135 FirstFirst ... 46869293949596979899100106 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,440 of 2018

Quote Originally Posted by Kyer View Post
    I don't know about Mark Waid again. He's 'said his piece'. Some one shots would be certainly catch my eye though.
    What would you guys think of Williamson writing a Wally book and Waid a Barry book?

Williamson seemed like he wanted to do a lot more with Wally but it didn't seem like editorial would let him and people always seemed to love Waid's Barry but I don't think he's ever gotten to write him when he was alive.

Wally West Aficionado Spider-Ham's Avatar

I’m not sure I want Williamson on a monthly Wally West book.

While he wrote some great stuff on Wally, the way he writes Barry Allen should raise concern.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

7e7eb27b0b65350a510ab1a7b091d62b.jpg

Wally and Dick in the DCAU.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Incredible Member PennyDreadful's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kyer View Post
    I don't know about Mark Waid again. He's 'said his piece'. Some one shots would be certainly catch my eye though.

Whomever writes Wally I hope to Heaven they have a good sense of humor. Had enough of !Tragedy ! TRAGEDY ! TRAAAGEDEEE ! to last a lifetime.

And that's not even touching on comic books. :P

Fraction.... name sounds familiar, but I can't place it. Think I might have seen the name tied to Marvel books?
    Matt Fraction did a wonderful run on Hawkeye. With Clint Barton and Kate Bishop. I recommend it wholeheartedly.

Quote Originally Posted by PennyDreadful View Post
    Matt Fraction did a wonderful run on Hawkeye. With Clint Barton and Kate Bishop. I recommend it wholeheartedly.
    Such a great book! Which is why I would love to see him write Wally and family.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Ham View Post
    I’m not sure I want Williamson on a monthly Wally West book.

While he wrote some great stuff on Wally, the way he writes Barry Allen should raise concern.
    Not a fan of this run at all...I would rather not see Williamson write Wally anymore.

I'd be down with Fraction. On just about any book, honestly, but Wally feels like a really good choice.

Waid.....probably not? I love Waid's original run. Waid is why I'm a Flash/Wally fan in the first place. But he said what he wanted to say on the property. Now, if he had some ideas for Barry, then sure, bring him in. But don't do it just because he wrote *the* Flash run thirty years ago.

Williamson....I feel the same way about him as I do Waid. If Williamson has something new to say about Wally then I'd be willing to check it out, but I don't want him taking the character just because he wrote Flash. I'd actually rather see Williamson on Nightwing.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

I wouldn't judge Williamson by how he writes Wally.

I think Fraction would be an interesting choice. I hated how he wrote Clint Barton, but if he's actually invested in the title I think he can deliver something good.

Fraction just finished writing Jimmy Olsen.

I can see Williamson doing Titans, but not a Wally solo book. He's just about to finish a four year 100+ issue run on Barry. I'm sure he'll want to do something different instead of, say, Flash Family. He's doing a Justice League tie-in for Death Metal starring Nightwing, Starfire, and Cyborg, so maybe he'll do them and Wally in a Titans book afterwards - or even that team under the JLA brand?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wouldn't judge Williamson by how he writes Wally.

I think Fraction would be an interesting choice. I hated how he wrote Clint Barton, but if he's actually invested in the title I think he can deliver something good.
    Oh, I'm a fan of Williamson. I do judge him in part by how he wrote Wally (I judge him on how he writes everyone, just like other writers), but I don't really see much wrong with what he did. He didn't have the best version of Wally to work with, it wasn't Wally's book, and Williamson still managed to make Wally feel at least mostly right. I'd be fine with him writing Wally, I'm just saying he's wrote Flash for years and unless he's got something new to say I don't need a repeat of that. Just like Waid; I loved his Flash but have no desire to see it again unless Waid has something new to say on the character.

I know the rumors right now put Williamson writing Titans because of the JL fill-in arc roster, but gods I'd rather see him on Nightwing's solo. The Titans are a dumpster fire of an IP and I don't know if Williamson is the guy to fix that, I think the Titans need someone on a Hickman level of name recognition and talent, but Dick's not in nearly as bad a position as the Titans and could recover from the last couple years easily with Williamson on the book. Plus, Dick desperately needs a quality writer.

And I know you didn't like Fraction's Hawkeye but that series was stupid successful and most of Fraction's work gets pretty solid reviews (it seems?) so I'd welcome him on any book he wants to write. Oh, speaking of Clint, you catch the news that Hawkeye is coming to the PS4 Avengers? They specifically reference Fraction's run as an inspiration for their story arc with him. Though they mention Old Man Barton and a few others too.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Oh, I'm a fan of Williamson. I do judge him in part by how he wrote Wally (I judge him on how he writes everyone, just like other writers), but I don't really see much wrong with what he did. He didn't have the best version of Wally to work with, it wasn't Wally's book, and Williamson still managed to make Wally feel at least mostly right. I'd be fine with him writing Wally, I'm just saying he's wrote Flash for years and unless he's got something new to say I don't need a repeat of that. Just like Waid; I loved his Flash but have no desire to see it again unless Waid has something new to say on the character.
    I mistyped. I meant "by how he writes Barry."
    And I know you didn't like Fraction's Hawkeye but that series was stupid successful and most of Fraction's work gets pretty solid reviews (it seems?) so I'd welcome him on any book he wants to write. Oh, speaking of Clint, you catch the news that Hawkeye is coming to the PS4 Avengers? They specifically reference Fraction's run as an inspiration for their story arc with him. Though they mention Old Man Barton and a few others too.
    As an individual work (and if you're a Kate Bishop fan) I understand the appeal but from a character standpoint it just has not aged well for me at all. And I liked everything about that Hawkeye announcement except for the design or mention of any Fraction influence.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I mistyped. I meant "by how he writes Barry."
    Well that makes a lot more sense.

As an individual work (and if you're a Kate Bishop fan) I understand the appeal but from a character standpoint it just has not aged well for me at all. And I liked everything about that Hawkeye announcement except for the design or mention of any Fraction influence.
    I get it. And Fraction's Clint didnt have a ton in common with previous versions of the character. I get it. But success is success and I think a lot of people would argue that Clint needed a revamp (I'm not one of them, but I think a lot of people are).

I'm not super fond of the design for the PS4 game either, but I'm not fond of most of the designs for anyone anyway.

~ Black Panther.

That Spectacular Annual "To Have and To Hold" that Fraction wrote about Peter/MJ is one of my favorite stories, so i wouldn't mind to see how he writes Wally/Linda, but how it would be depends of how interested he is on Wally as a characther.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    get it. And Fraction's Clint didnt have a ton in common with previous versions of the character. I get it. But success is success and I think a lot of people would argue that Clint needed a revamp (I'm not one of them, but I think a lot of people are).

I'm not super fond of the design for the PS4 game either, but I'm not fond of most of the designs for anyone anyway.
    Well, I was really enjoying that Hawkeye and Mockingbird book so I don't think he was in that desperate a need of a revamp, and it doesn't seem like the revamp has served him well post-Fraction, but to each their own.

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

Quote Originally Posted by PennyDreadful View Post
    heh.

(Now I feel stupid because I actually have the HB volume one of that series and I enjoyed the stories despite having no real background knowledge of Hawkeye beyond the first Avenger movies and West Coast Avengers stories with Hank Pym in them. In my defense it has personally been a heck of a decade and that book has been filed away in my Marvel storage box since I read it.)

Now I have to go research the latest Jimmy Olsen books because I've been enjoying some scans of those and wouldn't mind having the actual books. They seemed fun.

EDIT: Omg, those were done by Matt Fraction too?! I am soooo in for a Wally book by him even if it is a one-time arc! Superman's Pal
    Last edited by Kyer; 07-29-2020 at 02:33 PM.
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)