Page 103 of 135 FirstFirst ... 3539399100101102103104105106107113 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,545 of 2018

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    Sure, though the question was Wally-only villains in The Flash and that's certainly Magenta, even if Frances Kane is from the New Teen Titans. I just listed her in Johns' Rogues for classification.

What's so crazy about Linda being successful and making enough money to support the family? Why does Lois even have to factor into it? Why does the only reporter "able" to make enough money to support a small family have to be Lois?

I'm just not following a single thing you're saying. Do you think being a very successful reporter and anchor isn't a lucrative job?
    Honestly, i'm with you on this one, i mean Wally could do the ocassional odd jon if they are short on money, but really i don't think that there is a problem with Linda being the main breadwiner of the family.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Yeah, Linda is a television anchor, so she ought to be earning more than Lois and Iris do at their newspapers (though as mentioned Lois does supplement her income by writing books as well).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Count me in as someone who has no problem with Linda bringing home the Bacon.

Wally is much more suited to dealing with 2 superpowered kids, anyway.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

I don't see the problem with Linda supporting the family either.

Sure, in the real world a tv reporter might not make enough to comfortably carry a family of four, especially when two-to-three of them are speedsters who eat their weight in carbs every day. But the DCU isn't the real world and it's easy to assume that journalists who run directly into city-destroying superhuman battles get paid more than their real world counterparts. I mean, you'd have to assume that a journalist gets hazard pay for that kinda stuff right? I honestly find it harder to believe that the Daily Planet still makes a profit from newspapers than the idea that Linda can provide for the family as a tv news anchor.

Plus I like the idea of Wally being a stay at home dad. Not a lot of those in comics. And he could do a little mechanic work on the side too; not working from a garage with a schedule but more of a back yard mechanic who does a few side jobs here and there.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

Constructive art with wood and/or metal. (He built a bridge among other things.) Open an account on one of those craft websites like Etsy. Get on the internet and learn how to make things as he accepts jobs. Could do this either as The Flash (and make tons of money) or as Wally West and put off the work when emergencies happen and still have time to deliver the goods, no one but family and friends the wiser that the items were completed using super speed.
    He'd drive the shipping companies nuts during the holiday seasons if he doesn't do his own delivery.

Side note: Just received my copy of The Flash: Savage Velocity (Mike Baron's 1987 run with Wally.) Looks good though I way prefer Messner-Loeb's take on these characters. The ending of Chunk's first story is still my favorite of that year.
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

Death Battle’s result is leaked from what I hear on twitter...

Quote Originally Posted by Waterfall View Post
    Death Battle’s result is leaked from what I hear on twitter...
    It’s not leaked, Deathbattle actually comes out a day early for those who subscribe to Roosterteeth (like me) and then the next day it comes out on YouTube. So unless you subscribe, if you actually hear anything from today it’s probably official but if you aren’t then you won’t be able to watch it until tomorrow’s YouTube release.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Time for the public release of Wally vs Archie Sonic

For those who do not want to watch the video, though I recommend you do because its a cool fight, and only want to know the outcome

spoilers:
    Wally is the winner
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by sifighter; 09-07-2020 at 10:31 AM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

This comic book version of Sonic is insane, jesus.

As i said before, i don't really care about the outcome of the battles of this show, cause i only see for the fights and this one was pretty awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by TheImperfectFlash View Post
    Guys, what should Wally’s permanent occupation be?

I wasn't a big fan of the mechanic stuff.
    Youtube star. Wally would be live streaming his crime fighting life, plugging in products, recording his attempts to control his kids and urging his followers to contribute to his Patreon. He could do deliveries for small businesses. I can see him initially starting out by helping big companies (like Amazon) but realizes that other smaller businesses need the edge so he starts working for them. He could be an employee of USPS as well.

Linda would still have to work as a news anchor because Wally and the kids eating habits.

The Youtube star thing probably infringes on Booster's territory but I think it can work if Wally is a natural and successful at it with few screw ups while Booster is constantly struggling.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    This comic book version of Sonic is insane, jesus.

As i said before, i don't really care about the outcome of the battles of this show, cause i only see for the fights and this one was pretty awesome.
    The Sonic comics (as written by Ian Flynn) are pretty legit.

Wally West Aficionado Spider-Ham's Avatar

spoilers:
    Jai, Irey, Wally from KC and Walter West
    end of spoilers are back in The Flash #761.

This issue was pretty cool. Even if I still don’t like the way Williamson writes Barry Allen.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Time for the public release of Wally vs Archie Sonic

For those who do not want to watch the video, though I recommend you do because its a cool fight, and only want to know the outcome

spoilers:
    Wally is the winner
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I do like how they had Wally invoke Linda and the children to win
    end of spoilers.

I never knew how powerful Archie Sonic was.

Wally West Aficionado Spider-Ham's Avatar

Oh and, I forgot, HiC is finally RetConned.

Finally.

spoilers:
    Yep, It was all Thawne and the Negative Speed Force influencing Wally to do things he'd never do
    end of spoilers
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe