Page 68 of 135 FirstFirst ... 185864656667686970717278118 ... LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 2018

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I just watched CW's Flash season 1 episode 12 for the first time, and the episode introduced Linda Park - who ends up asking Barry out on a date! How did the fanbase react at the time? Can't imagine they'd have been pleased about Barry taking Wally's love interest, even it was just a "can't have Iris" short term rebound.

Though I'm guessing Wally's fans were even more displeased with season 2, when Wally gets introduced and is completely different to how he is in the comics (Wallace, the current Kid Flash in the comics, is based on that version, isn't he?).
    Believe me, they did not react well...and for the amount they ended up doing with Linda, it didn't have much of a point.

Wally on the show doesn't really start to feel like Wally until the end of season 2.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I just watched CW's Flash season 1 episode 12 for the first time, and the episode introduced Linda Park - who ends up asking Barry out on a date! How did the fanbase react at the time? Can't imagine they'd have been pleased about Barry taking Wally's love interest, even it was just a "can't have Iris" short term rebound.

Though I'm guessing Wally's fans were even more displeased with season 2, when Wally gets introduced and is completely different to how he is in the comics (Wallace, the current Kid Flash in the comics, is based on that version, isn't he?).
    I and some others I know were absolutely livid. I know it's another universe but it was just an awful thing to do conceptually.

New 52 Wallace appeared before the CW Wallace, but they outright said they "brought back" and turned Wally black purely because the Wests were black on the TV show and they knew they were going to introduce some version of Wally as black eventually. Venditti has gone on the record stating he was forced to include Wallace in his comics because of this.

I've watched a lot of the show, up until Season 3 just really burned me out. I don't think Wallace on the TV show is every really like Wally. Not any of the versions I've known. I've seen people say he becomes more like Wally in season 3 but I don't see any of it. He becomes less absolutely freaking terrible but I never saw a single significant character aspect that lined him up with Wally. His relationship to Barry and Iris was completely different, his personality was completely different, and obviously they didn't do anything with his love life which is fundamental to Wally. And he wasn't anything like Teen Titans Kid Flash Wally either, obviously. It baffles me to this day that people have said he's anything like comics Wally.
    Last edited by Dred; 06-02-2020 at 04:17 PM.

Wally West Aficionado Spider-Ham's Avatar

The Flash Family !

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Ham View Post
    The Flash Family !

You're burying the lede by just posting the image.

For context, this was posted by Eddy Barrows: https://www.facebook.com/eddy.barrow...87456328032661

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    I and some others I know were absolutely livid. I know it's another universe but it was just an awful thing to do conceptually.

New 52 Wallace appeared before the CW Wallace, but they outright said they "brought back" and turned Wally black purely because the Wests were black on the TV show and they knew they were going to introduce some version of Wally as black eventually. Venditti has gone on the record stating he was forced to include Wallace in his comics because of this.

I've watched a lot of the show, up until Season 3 just really burned me out. I don't think Wallace on the TV show is every really like Wally. Not any of the versions I've known. I've seen people say he becomes more like Wally in season 3 but I don't see any of it. He becomes less absolutely freaking terrible but I never saw a single significant character aspect that lined him up with Wally. His relationship to Barry and Iris was completely different, his personality was completely different, and obviously they didn't do anything with his love life which is fundamental to Wally. And he wasn't anything like Teen Titans Kid Flash Wally either, obviously. It baffles me to this day that people have said he's anything like comics Wally.
    I thought he was fairly enough in-line with early Kid Flash Wally once he actually became Kid Flash, even given the changes in dynamic between him and Iris, but they never really developed him much beyond that.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I thought he was fairly enough in-line with early Kid Flash Wally once he actually became Kid Flash, even given the changes in dynamic between him and Iris, but they never really developed him much beyond that.
    I'm not sure where this came from. Either the actual comic Kid Flash or the retconned Born to Run, CW Wally has no major personality traits, motivation, or character beats the cross over that I can think of. Nothing that isn't so vague as to apply to basically anyone. The only thing that carries between the two is he likes The Flash and even then it's in way different ways and presented differently. The bright eyed fan whose dream came true vs the guy who thinks The Flash is cool and sells his soul to get power because he's desperate and believes a villain.
    Last edited by Dred; 06-02-2020 at 06:49 PM.

Someone must have been reading the Speed Demon issue of Amalgam Comics when plotting that out.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

The Flash Family !

Damn, that's some nice artwork!
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    I'm not sure where this came from. Either the actual comic Kid Flash or the retconned Born to Run, CW Wally has no major personality traits, motivation, or character beats the cross over that I can think of. Nothing that isn't so vague as to apply to basically anyone. The only thing that carries between the two is he likes The Flash and even then it's in way different ways and presented differently. The bright eyed fan whose dream came true vs the guy who thinks The Flash is cool and sells his soul to get power because he's desperate and believes a villain.
    I mean, yeah, there's being a fan of The Flash, but the confidence, enthusiasm, and charm he exudes once he becomes Kid Flash are traits I associate with Wally. I guess you could say those are vague enough that they could be propped onto anyone but I still identify those traits as believably Wally.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

The Flash Family !

Awesome.
    Love Eddy Barrows. One of my favorite artists. Is this his own art or is it for an upcoming project he is on?
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    You're burying the lede by just posting the image.

For context, this was posted by Eddy Barrows: https://www.facebook.com/eddy.barrow...87456328032661
    Sorry about that, I totally forgot to mention Barrows. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    Awesome.
    Love Eddy Barrows. One of my favorite artists. Is this his own art or is it for an upcoming project he is on?
    Well, we don’t really know what it is, but it’s definitely an unannounced project. Maybe Generation One. Or Speed Metal.

Hopefully it’s good. Last time we had that type of art it was Heroes in Crisis ...

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Sorry about that, I totally forgot to mention Barrows. Thank you.

Well, we don’t really know what it is, but it’s definitely an unannounced project. Maybe Generation One. Or Speed Metal.

Hopefully it’s good. Last time we had that type of art it was Heroes in Crisis ...
    It looks like Irey is wearing the tattered clothing she had when Wally found them in FF 5. So probably a flashback.

Really happy to hear that one of my favorite artists are drawing Wally.

Probably for speed metal since generations doesn't seem to be happening anymore.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    Probably for speed metal since generations doesn't seem to be happening anymore.
    Well, since it takes place after the FCBD Generation Zero, maybe it's still happening. Who knows. DC's position was already weird way before the Covid stuff, I can't imagine what's going on behind the scene right now.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

You have reminded me, what the hell is happening with the FCBD issue??
    I was looking forward to that and I haven't heard anything about it since COVID-19 screwed the planet.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    You have reminded me, what the hell is happening with the FCBD issue??
    I was looking forward to that and I haven't heard anything about it since COVID-19 screwed the planet.
    Last time I heard about it from my LCS (but keep in mind I live in France, so my informations might be wrong), the release date was August 28.

We still have to wait three months ... And yet, Wally is definitely appearing in Death Metal, beginning in two weeks.