Page 85 of 135 FirstFirst ... 357581828384858687888995 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,275 of 2018
    Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Fantastic Member

Does the 'Flash Forward' digital trade also have the New epilogue?

Wally West Aficionado Spider-Ham's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Franny6422 View Post
    Yes it does !

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Found some pages from it. It looks good.

I'm kind of disappointed it fell through and curious what we would have gotten. Although I am glad it hasn't been completely disregarded and Wally is in DM with some acknowledgement of it.

unnamed-77.jpg
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

When i did my marathon of Flash volume 2 a few years ago, something that i noticed in Waid and Johns run was the constant mention of Wally's children, wich i think that it started when Waid wrote "The Life Story of Barry Allen", about how his daugther would be a great hero but his son would be a tragedy, even Thawne said something similar in Johns Rebirth, so was it ever explained what happened?.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    When i did my marathon of Flash volume 2 a few years ago, something that i noticed in Waid and Johns run was the constant mention of Wally's children, wich i think that it started when Waid wrote "The Life Story of Barry Allen", about how his daugther would be a great hero but his son would be a tragedy, even Thawne said something similar in Johns Rebirth, so was it ever explained what happened?.
    I don't remember anything about that in Return of Barry Allen.

In Waid's run he was referencing his potential future of Kingdom Come. Where Wally's son (In Waid's canon named after Barry) is a nihilistic disappointment compared to his daughter (named after Iris) does everything in her power to make her dad proud.

Johns is the one who created the idea that Jai would be a tragedy and Iris would be the hero in Rebirth. And he set it up by giving Iris powers, setting Jai up to be ostracized or feel inadequate. But it hasn't come to fruition, obviously, since everything to do with Wally and his family was scrapped with Flash Rebirth.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    I don't remember anything about that in Return of Barry Allen.

In Waid's run he was referencing his potential future of Kingdom Come. Where Wally's son (In Waid's canon named after Barry) is a nihilistic disappointment compared to his daughter (named after Iris) does everything in her power to make her dad proud.

Johns is the one who created the idea that Jai would be a tragedy and Iris would be the hero in Rebirth. And he set it up by giving Iris powers, setting Jai up to be ostracized or feel inadequate. But it hasn't come to fruition, obviously, since everything to do with Wally and his family was scrapped with Flash Rebirth.
    Iris and Jai had both powers, but Iris took them because she wanted to save her brother right?

As far as I remember Jai has no interest to become a Superhero, but they said that he could become the new TURTLE one day.

Jai lost his Speed Powers, but had some kind of shapeshifting right?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Masterff View Post
    As far as I remember Jai has no interest to become a Superhero, but they said that he could become the new TURTLE one day.
    Jai actually loved being a superhero and used all his free time training to the point it concerned Wally a bit. I assume the whole thought process behind him becoming the new Turtle Pre-Flashpoint would have revolved around his resentment and anger towards Iris for taking his share of their Speed Force connection.

He also seemingly appeared as a hero version of the Turtle in the final issue of Doomsday Clock for whatever that's worth.

Jai lost his Speed Powers, but had some kind of shapeshifting right?
    Before he lost his powers, Jai could accelerate the growth of his muscle tissues to gain super-strength. I believe Williamson even acknowledged Jai's powers were the inspiration for how the Strength Force worked in his current run.
    Last edited by Rend20; 07-09-2020 at 04:20 AM.

Fantastic Member Potanical Pardon's Avatar

Full cowl or exposed hair?

I miss the full cowl on Wally, though I understand the reasoning. Then on the other end, Barry has the full cowl, but I can't stand the two lightning bolts on his mask depending on the artist. It's too bug-y.

Quote Originally Posted by Franny6422 View Post
    Yeah. And since it was supposed to be from an FCBD comic, let's share it, here you go, guys! The seven brand new pages.
    https://imgur.com/a/frsOc5A
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Potanical Pardon View Post
    Full cowl or exposed hair?

I miss the full cowl on Wally, though I understand the reasoning. Then on the other end, Barry has the full cowl, but I can't stand the two lightning bolts on his mask depending on the artist. It's too bug-y.
    I prefer the exposed hair, I know he has the more history with having the full cowl but I genuinely like the difference of his having his hair exposed and it running in the wind. It’s an esthetic difference.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

With a secret identity the full cowl makes a lot more sense.
    However, I'm seriously attracted to ginger-to-full red hair so I'm loving the open look.
    On the other hand, Booth tends to draw his hair like a mess of party ribbons stuck in a vase which I'm no more fond of than the onion eyes or elongated limbs. Elongated limbs should only be drawn on Dibny and Plastic Man.

Does Wally still have a secret identity?
    Last edited by Kyer; 07-11-2020 at 06:35 AM.
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

Quote Originally Posted by Kyer View Post
    With a secret identity the full cowl makes a lot more sense.
    However, I'm seriously attracted to ginger-to-full red hair so I'm loving the open look.
    On the other hand, Booth tends to draw his hair like a mess of party ribbons stuck in a vase which I'm no more fond of than the onion eyes or elongated limbs. Elongated limbs should only be drawn on Dibny and Plastic Man.

Does Wally still have a secret identity?
    I mean he probably does but only because people don’t remember he exists, I assume that gives you a great secret identity because of lack of identity. But he did reveal himself in a video to the news during Heroes in Crisis and then went to jail so.....they probably know who he is.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

If pre-Flashpoint memories are restored to the populace, then his secret identity would be gone anyway. He didn't have one for most of his time as the main Flash.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    If pre-Flashpoint memories are restored to the populace, then his secret identity would be gone anyway. He didn't have one for most of his time as the main Flash.
    He did pre-Flashpoint. He got it back in the last third of the Johns run.